Fried Bugs Roadside Robbery At Pattaya Huay Yai

rooster59

Fried Bugs Roadside Robbery At Pattaya Huay Yai

by Vanessa Saenngarm

post-247607-0-92753600-1464511481_thumb.

PATTAYA: On 29 May At 12:30am Police Capt Piya Ounruang Sub Inspector Inquiry from the Huay Yai’s Police Station was informed of a roadside robbery.

The incident occurred on highway 3240 or Route 36 on Kao Maikaew, Bangkamung, Chonburi.

A 50 year old disabled man name Mr. Anek Kimnok was waiting in tears when the police arrived at the scene. He reported that he sells sweet fried bugs for a living on his motorcycle sidecar, a blue Honda Wave and was driving home to Rayong. Suddenly a souped up Pick-Up Truck with white racing stripes, cut him off the road and forced him to stop roadside.

Four men got out of the truck and approached him aggressively. One of the men was holding a foot long wooden log as they threatened Mr. Kimnok.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/224667/fried-bugs-roadside-robbery-pattaya-huay-yai/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-05-29

When they catch these thugs their truck should be impounded, auctioned off and he proceeds given to Mr. Anek.

You and we all wish the same but sadly Thai justice doesn't work that way.

Every time I think that Thai thieves could not possibly sink any lower I discover that I am wrong.

Last week in our district:

A coffee vendor stabbed to death a lottery ticket seller.

The victim had withdrawn money from the bank to buy the tickets (together with his wife) being watched by the culprit.

The victim drove home with his wife on a motorbike sidecar.

The culprit followed them with his pickup and pushed them to the ditch.

Threatening with a knife, the victim resisted the robbery and was stabbed to death, his wife survived.

About 70000 Baht in cash and lottery tickets worth about 61000 Baht robbed.

The culprit was in dept and was unsuccessful with his business.

The difference to this case:

The culprit (39 yr old) was captured at his home (2 miles from us).

He was preparing to do a runner.

The only English report was in the Bangkok Post which does not allow links here.

Edited by KhunBENQ

6000 baht, I guess that this guy does not believe in banks and keeps his money with him.

Hopefully there will be some justice but I doubt he will get a single baht back. sad.png