Thinking Of Buying A Condo With Girlfriend, Yay Or Nay?

yo sup peolpe, just curious how i keep hearing the 49% farang ownership and 51% thai ownership thingy , if its true think its a good idea to get a condo with my girlfriend? or should i solo getting one? I heard if I buy a condo solo ,i would need to pay in cash $$$ FULL Amount, but if i do it with her it might be cheaper (and we can share)and also we could apply for a loan together, has anyone one ever done this before? Also do i need a workpermit, valid visa, and job to get a condo? what are the repercussions? my friend bought a house with his brother this month and I would like to invest into real estate myself as he inspired me to do so, just curious how are the laws are in thailand and I need any advice from anyone on this forum thanks a bunch^^

yo sup peolpe, just curious how i keep hearing the 49% farang ownership and 51% thai ownership thingy , if its true think its a good idea to get a condo with my girlfriend? or should i solo getting one? I heard if I buy a condo solo ,i would need to pay in cash $$$ FULL Amount, but if i do it with her it might be cheaper (and we can share)and also we could apply for a loan together, has anyone one ever done this before? Also do i need a workpermit, valid visa, and job to get a condo? what are the repercussions? my friend bought a house with his brother this month and I would like to invest into real estate myself as he inspired me to do so, just curious how are the laws are in thailand and I need any advice from anyone on this forum thanks a bunch^^

DragonQuest.........errrrrrrm looking for a fire breather to comment ? I think not. Troll warning.

I think those of us who live here could write a small book in reply to this. A can of worms - several cans in fact.

I would suggest you read through this forum on House, Land and property ownership . You will see headings dealing with the subjects above you have mentioned.

Perhaps start here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=90203

Then go to the Visa section of Thai Visa and read some of the topics there relating to visa issues - importantly relating visa rules from October 1st this year.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showforum=1

And then read as many topics as you can.

To be honest, you need to understand the issues relating to your eligibility to live/work here before you consider anything else.

Good luck with it.

I think the best way and quickest for you is to buy a condo over the 10th floor In your Thai/chineese girl friends name. I have been well informed that mosquitoes normally do not fly over the 9th floor, also it is a good height to be pushed from when your 50/50 is sick in the face of listening to you and wants to cash in the chips as they say.