Samsung S7 edge or iPhone 6 plus?

n210mp

Does anyone know where in Pattaya I can get the best deal on a Samsung S7 edge phone or maybe an Iphone 6 plus

Not sure which is the best but I'm a bit fed up of my Iphone 4 which is now due for a replacement.

Any comments or suggestions of an alternative phone or the best value of any smart phone in comparison would also be appreciated

Edit

as an after thought I would also be interested in buying a second hand one if anyone has one for sale.

Edited by n210mp

I would recommend you the Samsung S7, but not the Edge. The screen is too sensitive, causing users sometimes to accidentally open an app or select other elements of the interface. The user's fingers or thumb rest on the phablet's edges, making other input sometimes unresponsive.

The prices for the Samsung S7 in Thailand are everywhere nearly the same.

I have the Huawei GR5 and I love it. I am so happy I moved from apple phones. Macbooks are my laptop of choice being a designer though. Mine was only 9,000 and I am so happy with it. You could get the Huawei Mate 8 and I think its 20,000... Personally if you're going android I prefer Huawei over Samsung.

Huawei Pro 9 to be released in June. Will sell for about 23000 baht leaves the other 2 smart phones for dead in performance and costs. Why buy an underachieving Mercedes Benz if you getter better outcomes from Toyota Camry Hybrid is an analogy of what I am saying.

One phone that is definitely worth considering is the Motorola Moto X. Has the Android platform same as Samsung. Gives a lot of features and is cheaper than Samsung. It is certainly one I am going to check out when I look later this year for a new phone. I currently have the Samsung S4 which has been brilliant

I would shy away from a second hand one if only for the fact of a worn out battery that you can't swap.

Any other second hand ones are suspect, you may end up with an ex-USA model with restrictions of use, like one I have that has blocked Wi-Fi hotspot and USB tethering to share the internet.

If you love Apple and have other Apple products I would stick with them.

Both the models you suggest are way over-priced, but I am considering a regular S7. Not an Apple fan and the Edge is too large and I do not like the appearance.

Prices remain high as they are so new, but your network provider may offer a discount.

checked out the Sony Experias lately? also look very good.

im also debating ditching apple - im just sick of the constant updates that dont offer any new usable features and seem purely designed to slow down the phones forcing you to want to buy a new on.
Ofcourse they do work well, but its their terms,

After humming and hawing for about a week now I think and my mate, Robs tells me so it must be true that the Samsung J7 is about the best deal in the Samsung market priced about 7.5 to 7.9K Baht and available all over the place

Why do you need to spend more than three time three time that amount on a S7 edge, he added?

I dont know I said!

Could you give me any pointers in favour of the S6 or S7 edge against the J7

Thank you

Huawei Pro 9 to be released in June. Will sell for about 23000 baht leaves the other 2 smart phones for dead in performance and costs. Why buy an underachieving Mercedes Benz if you getter better outcomes from Toyota Camry Hybrid is an analogy of what I am saying.

Agreed!

Just saw the the P9 on youtube and see that they partnered with Leica for their cams. I cant wait to try that out.

Trouble for me is these phones are right up there at the top of the price bracket with iPhones but certainly where the Samsung S4 was concerned (their flagship at the time) offered slow updates to Android and, what for me was, the very very clunky user experience of Android (awful cut and paste that often didn't work between apps, apps that didn't work so well and different performance of the back button and where repeated presses would take you). If these phones were priced as per the analogy maybe not so bad but in these cases the Camry costs almost the same price as the Merc.

Plus of course now there is the more pocketable iPhone SE with performance on par with the 6S for 15,800 so you can now get the Merc C Class for 7,000 less than the Camry.

Maybe Huwaei are different / better but after trying the Android experience with the S4, and actually trying to really like it, I'll never go back.

Sent using Tapatalk

Edited by SooKee

S7 , it can't get any better than that. So many good apps available for android so I would never consider an iPhone anyway.

Yes, IOS hardly has any good apps....?Eh Where did you hear that? IOS apps are generally superior in quality, however, android is catching up and does have some different choices that are not necessarily better quality. I know, I use both systems and I favour IOS at the moment.

Has anyone priced a iphone 6s Plus in the Pattaya area lately?

I always use "Lazada" as a price parameter for most things I buy in Thailand

Lazada though always has the "price scammers" among the genuine sellers so beware of those companies who deliberately place a ridiculously high price on an item knowing that there will always be some "mugs" who will often just pay without doing a price comparison.

Also look at the title of the item and in the case of buying a phone differentiate between "refurbished" and new phones, it's quite easy to do this

At the end of the day I decided that the higher priced Samsung models are just not worth buying at the prices they sell at, for me anyway so I decided to buy the Samsung J7 16g with sd slot of up to 32G

This was from Lazada on a promotion of 7358 Baht including a 32M SD card

The shops in carrefour were all selling at the same price of 7900 baht for the iphone including a 32G SD card

Paying 23.900 Baht, the cheapest price around Pattaya for a Samsung S7 edge didn't seem to be too attractive after looking at the Samsung J 7 for 7358 Baht

Thank you to all those who posted on this subject

From my previous post #21

""The shops in carrefour were all selling at the same price of 7900 baht for the iphone including a 32G SD card

I said iphone, it was a mistake , I meant Samsung J 7 of course!

Samsung S-5 can add memory is waterproof and can change the battery. Soon to be upgraded to Marshmallow Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Refurbished from Lazada 9000 baht or so. I really think it's a better phone than anything Samsung has replaced it with. Get one now and use it as a back up when the Note 6/7 comes out in August.

Edited by Scotwight

The new Samsung Galaxy Note 6 will be released this August. Samsung might rename it and call it the Note 7 to synch better with the S models. The rumored feature list is quite impressive.

Really agree. Best thing since sliced bread, S-5 and the Note4. Note 4 has stylus, giant display, big replaceable battery and quick (one hour) charger but is not waterproof.

Edited by Scotwight