Anyone Want to Learn Kung <deleted>?

Rancid

I am in Hat Mae Rumpheung near Rayong. I am learning Southern Preying Mantis Kung &lt;deleted&gt; online. And yes it can be learned online these days with videos and Skype. If you are interested you would also have to pay a few dollars to enroll in the course as you need to download the videos and to do grading.

This system is a contact system and like any proper system requires conditioning. My wife isn't thrilled with the idea of being a punching bag so need a training partner, although the more the merrier. I am not teaching this, we are just following the videos together. That means both time with training partners and practice at home to progress.

The Southern system mainly uses the arms in the style of a preying mantis and has very few kicks involved, as such if you have a bad back like me it is all doable. The mechanics of how it works is brilliant, if you can get to the higher grades no bullies will be kicking sand in your face down the beach. Muay Thai is also great style of course but a bit much for me at my age.

Here is a link with the Sifu that teaches, he is the one using the hitting machine: Kung &lt;deleted&gt;. I have met him in the flesh and he is the real deal. And no, I have no connection to the school apart from just being a student.

This style in the lower grades is external, meaning physical, however in the higher grades it moves to internal energy, or generating Chi to increase power or repelling strikes. As such it later uses forms of Chi Kung to help with that which also has the added health benefits to boot.

Any interest or questions, just PM me.

So where do I sign up to use ....Kung- deleted

Most on here seem elderly drunks like me or 'mongers' so I doubt it.----thai3

Just Speak for yourself Thai3...... a black belt would come in very handy since I have lost a lot of weight this year...........coffee1.gif

Just Speak for yourself Thai3...... a black belt would come in very handy since I have lost a lot of weight this year...........coffee1.gif

screw all that jerking about, it would finish off my hip joint anyway. I'd get a gun if I wanted to scare people, don't believe in keeping fit, it's too much like self torture

Good points, I gathered many may well be elderly drunks and learning some deleted (guess should have used the singular kungfu) may not appeal, however it doesn't hurt to throw it out there anyway. smile.png

One guy I met where the school is based started when he was in his late fifties, was in his mid sixties now. He had me punch him in the throat, then he just laughed it off. So its never too late, but admittedly a lot more "challenging" to train than being in your prime.

Looks like the missus is going to have to get toughened up after all! Hopefully she wont wipe the floor with me.

Most on here seem elderly drunks like me or 'mongers' so I doubt it.

...bullies kicking sand in my face ...no probs..it's the deckchair and umbrella bullies Im scared of.

Edited by tandor

...I had a blue belt in Macramé a long time ago.

...I had a blue belt in Macramé a long time ago.

Yes, once you lose your stamina for serious knitting it is hard to recover it...