Another Showdown as Tiger Temple Blocks 1,000 Wildlife Officers

webfact

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re license from source story: "...despite last month’s approval of a zoo license for the temple which seemed to clear legal hurdles to it keeping them." Seems left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing..... "Wildlife officials are hoping to transport 20 tigers per day from the temple" so sounds like around 50 per cat, not counting those having tea breaks.

Guess the cat isn't in the cradle, where's the silver spoon? Farangs all laugh it's so looney toon.....

There don't seem to be that many Thais these days, who are not above the law for one reason or another. Why bother having laws at all?

"Why bother having laws at all?" ....yes... well stated......Like one of my best friends said, Thais are like big children in a Micky Mouse country !!! nothing is taken seriously...except the families you can not talk about !!!

Best regards.

There don't seem to be that many Thais these days, who are not above the law for one reason or another. Why bother having laws at all?

"Why bother having laws at all?" ....yes... well stated......Like one of my best friends said, Thais are like big children in a Micky Mouse country !!! nothing is taken seriously...except the families you can not talk about !!!

Best regards.

1000 wildlife officers !!!! Blimey!

I heard there are about 5000 generals in the Thai army.

My mental picture of the Thai army and Police force is like an inverted pyramid with relatively few privates ordered around by a vast number of comissioned officers. As the only qualification for promotion seems to be wealth and influence, the IQ structure may be a normal pyramid for all we know. Certainly the performance of the generals we read about daily seems to suggest this.

Getting back on topic, that is about 20 wildlife officers for every wild tiger remaining in Thailand. No wonder they have to get together to save the captive bred ones.

Some 'temple' staff let several tigers loose in a canyon to slow down the move, but they're in a compound now. Only three tigers ready to move and it's getting dark and raining. Can only hope they've made provisions for an overnighter. If anyone were in any doubt as to this so called 'temple's motives before, the request for money together with letting these cats out into the canyon alone, should remove all doubt. Really, Buddhism should divest itself of Thailand as Thailand has Buddhism bah.gif

....can't make this stuff up.....

...1000 officers....to do nothing in the end....???

...but get all kinds of personal information from innocent tourists ......that keep this economy going....and all is well...

Law enforcement? What a complete joke it all is.

Honestly, whenever certain people or groups feel like breaking the law there seems to be nothing the police can do about it. Keystone cops at best.

If a mass of people ever rise up in the future, they will surely succeed with even half a plan as the authorities seem powerless to even handle a few people in orange cloth waving their arms around.

These guys in orange cloth are not even true Buddhists. Anyone who disputes that please read up on the subject before further discussion.

This is another TV thread of all the farang telling Thai how to run their country. Look at other countries in the world and their internal problems.

Politics and the way of doing things here in los has nothing to do with us farang. We are guests at best.

This is another TV thread of all the farang telling Thai how to run their country. Look at other countries in the world and their internal problems.

Politics and the way of doing things here in los has nothing to do with us farang. We are guests at best.

5000 tigers in Americans backyards apparently more in Texas than there are in the wild..............doesnt really matter though as its not Thailand.

I'd rather suspected this thread to be about a bunch of money grabbing guys posing as Buddhist monks' exploitation of animals. Big no no in the Buddhist Precepts don't you know (no, probably not) Not about 'telling Thais how to run their country'. And once again, no, I most certainly do not count myself a 'guest'. 'Guests' are treated way better than we whities are. Except for you of course, you're special. As in 'needs' blink.png

Thainess, lawless people.

Now, now, these are monks you are talking about. I have another word for them but it would be deleted.

How's Charlatan

Most religious types are, in all religions in my experience. There are undoubtedly some very good and devout people, but they are few and far between in all religions. Oddly, the highest frequency of devout and good people I have found in religions has been in... wait for it... Islam.

Life is very strange sometimes, I guess that megaphone religion, superficial and simplistic religion just drowns out the real value of religions. Weird.

W

Actually there are very many good and devout Buddhists in Thailand. They are the one who live in small town, villages and moo bans in rural Thailand.

The poor people who support their local temples by donating food in the early mornings to the monks on their alms rounds. The ones that don't have big SUVs or Mercedes Benz but battered old pickup trucks and motorcycles. The people that fix up the temples, that transport monks on their various duties and take them to the markets or supermarkets. The ones that actually DO things and don't BUY karma.

You won't see them at the super rich temples in the cities because they are not really wanted there.

1000 wildlife officers !!!! Blimey!

I heard there are about 5000 generals in the Thai army.

1600 actually way more than in the USA, but you must remmember the army promotes its own so it all boils down to the retirement pension they will get at this rank.

Officers Enter Tiger Temple to Begin Removing Tigers
By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee
Staff Reporter

14646049401464605018l.jpg
First tiger is loaded onto official's truck this afternoon at Tiger Temple in Kanchanaburi province. Photo: Edwin Wiek / Twitter

KANCHANABURI — After years of pushing back, the controversial Tiger Temple today said it is finally willing to give up all remaining 137 tigers it has kept illegally for commercial operations, according to a legal representative.

The announcement came after more than 1,000 officials descended on the temple Monday morning and, after being denied entry to temple, returned with a search warrant to remove the tigers, the largest effort by authorities in recent months to do so.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1464604940&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-05-31

This is a real tough one. Where does the moral high ground lie? These 3 tigers - on the face of it the "lucky ones" are in real trouble. Let us not forget that an ex deputy PM no less was involved bigtime in the mass smuggling of tigers to China for use as an aphrodisiac. Will these "wildlife officials" be tempted by personal profit potential? Do bears excrete in the forest? Poor cats - between a rock and a hard place.

The only activist that showed any real concern for the big cats welfare is Yooyee and look what it got her. Rhetorical statement, it got her 15 yrs.