Drugs "set ups" around Nana area

wildpikey

I few people have told me recently of this happening, people being blatantly set up, either girls in the rooms or even heard of Police planting drugs on people on random check..any one heard any similar stories? Is it becoming "unsafe" / "unwise" to go around this area nowadays?

Reminds of something that happened to me years ago.

I checked in to a well-known hotel in the Nana area and back then they issued safety box keys rather than the new key-pad safes in the room.

I wanted somewhere to hide the key rather than keep it in my pocket and my usual place was in the fridge, in the gap between the ice-box and the top of the fridge.

When I tried to put the key there I found that there was already something in the gap, iced-in. When I finally got it out it was a bag of weed. Straight away, I started thinking of the stories of people being set up and I was convinced I was about to become the next victim.

I decided against trying to flush it down the toilet and headed out onto Sukhumvit to try to get rid of it. Only problem was, there were signs up advising that dropping litter/cigarette butts would get you a fine and I had visions of me dropping the bag in the gutter only for the litter police to pounce. Of course, there wasn't a litter bin in sight.

Finally, after a long walk, I came across a construction site with a skip outside so I tossed it in there and kept walking.

Still makes me laugh when I think about it.

Find one documented case where this had actually happened, and I might just stop laughing at you.

..., or the alternative grasshopper ?

I'm sure that means something to you.

I think he may be referring to David Carradine's younger character in the Kung <deleted> series - the inference is you are inexperienced.

I think he may be referring to David Carradine's younger character in the Kung <deleted> series - the inference is you are inexperienced.

Wow -even the first two letters of the four-letter word for copulation is automatically censored. Hey, I only wanted to use two.

Were you sat on a barstool when you heard this ?

Did you also hear - Farang's are always at fault because if you weren't here it wouldn't have happened ?

Did you also hear - Never help in an accident you will be held accountable ?

Did you also hear - If in a taxi which is involved in an accident, escape quickly because you will be blamed ?

Was the guy who told also an ex special forces ?

An acquaintance from Canada bought some pot from an African near soi 7 a few years back. The police detained him, took him to the ATM, and then sent him to approach people in bars until he had sold the SAME pot again to another farang. That farang was subsequently detained, the guy I knew was released, and you can guess the rest of the story...they probably detained six or seven people in one night...netting around 50,000 baht...

the upshot of it was that he was called by the police frequently after that, and threatened with jail unless he paid more and more money...the grasser finally just tossed his phone...

don't trust anyone you just meet in Thailand...

Find one documented case where this had actually happened, and I might just stop laughing at you.

Ah. One of those 'wise old Asia hands' types. Who've generally just absorbed several years of barstool bull.

An acquaintance from Canada bought some pot from an African near soi 7 a few years back. The police detained him, took him to the ATM, and then sent him to approach people in bars until he had sold the SAME pot again to another farang. That farang was subsequently detained, the guy I knew was released, and you can guess the rest of the story...they probably detained six or seven people in one night...netting around 50,000 baht...

the upshot of it was that he was called by the police frequently after that, and threatened with jail unless he paid more and more money...the grasser finally just tossed his phone...

I'm calling BS on this story, big time.

Think about it. Would the police rather continue to make lots of pay-off money from Nana clubs, or would they prefer to scare off paying-customer farangs in order to make much less money?

I'm calling BS on this story, big time.

It didn't happen to me personally...I would never purchase drugs in Thailand...but I knew him around the time it happened, and he was pretty upset and shaken...I know that he occasionally used all sorts of drugs, and that he changed his habits to avoid that area of sukumvit, that he changed the phone number, and was quite worried his name was flagged somehow...i suppose anyone can exaggerate or outright lie...but i tend to think he was telling me the truth when he related the story to me, about 2 days after the incident...

And especially don't trust people you don't know on TV.com.

My wife's cousin was pulled up for a urine test in PHS today. No big deal and he's home and sleeping tight now. It's par for the course here in LOS.

BTW, my wife and I were pulled over on the bike this morning at the level crossing. The cops didn't bat an eyelid for the falang, just that we had skid lids and my wife was insured and produced her licence then we were on our merry way within two minutes. Though there was a queue at the tea money table. Not our problem.

Archived