Here we go again - another kid falls to the tarmac from a school van

webfact

'Speed needs to be limited and drivers properly trained, it was said.' What good is training? These morons would ignore whatever aspect of training they might manage to absorb. What it needs is the companies heavily fined, the drivers prosecuted and banned, and tighter controls, such that companies and drivers know that any such stupid action in the future would result in hefty penalties.

The "usual" Thai pushing in must be at the front, Im the most important thing on the road, the "ill wait till the last second and use the wrong lane then carve my way over" type.

See them everyday at any set of traffic lights right hand lane to go straight on or outside lane to go right at lights so to avoid the queue of right turning cars on the correct "right turn" lane, I always carve the buggers up and make it difficult for them..................go ahead shoot me!

i was going to comment but what i was going to say has already been said. but i will say this

Thailand has nothing to smile about. if the PM would concentrate more on the well being and

health and safety of the people maybe things would be better.

"Many people said that action should be taken against the drivers in every case. Speed needs to be limited and drivers properly trained, it was said."

Seat belts might help as well.

"Many people said that action should be taken against the drivers in every case. Speed needs to be limited and drivers properly trained, it was said."

That probably applies to upwards of 90% of people on Thai roads, I've seen a few foreigners who need a good kicking, but mostly they're Thais. As you would expect.

W

Newsflash - anything you guys have written so far will not even make a dent in the public/official/parental mindset!

Newsflash.

Land Transport Department to get tough with school buses

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/165477

"Land Transport Department to get tough with school buses"

Nope

"Land Departments *says* it's going to get tough with school buses".

Same ole same ole.