Short Term Rental?

ChangGuzzler

I’m a 28 year old guy and I’ve been traveling to Pattaya and Thailand many times in the last few years.. So I’m not a n00b to the area.

The time has come where I want to attempt living there for a few months for a bit of an experience

I have a small online income that is growing every month.. About £500 a month. I would like to attempt to live on less than that in a month in pattaya.

I know it’s not a huge amount of cash but I won’t be in party mode.. I’ll be in my room some of the day and partaking in some hobbies and gym

I’ve got £8000 saved and lots of credit cards.. So I’m not going to be a destitute tramp outside 7/11 begging for help to fly home

I’ve never rented anything in Thailand.. Always been hotels, and I know most rentals are contract based.. I would like to stay flexible.. So if I <deleted> up.. Run out of money I can just go home easily with nothing lost.

Is it possible to rent somewhere for just a month by month basis... or at a stretch 2 months minimum?? Budget 5,000baht month

B5000 short term maybe possible low season, more difficult high season. I can't suggest any specific place but will make a few suggestions.

Some GH's have 4th & 5th floor walk up fan rooms that are very difficult to rent to visitors...usually rented to Thais or staff. You could ask around areas with a lot of GH's like Soi Buakhow or Pattaya Tai.

If you can find a moto taxi driver who speaks enough English to communicate with, have him drive you around some of the more Thai areas between 3rd Rd. and Sukhumvit and check out some of the cheap. single room apartment buildings. Often, they have a phone number displayed in some obvious place.

A long shot but not impossible: place some ads as a "House Sitter". Some local residents hate leaving their homes unoccupied while they visit their home countries; break-in's and thefts are commonplace. If you can show decent references, you just might find a place for free..

Seriously, don't be a cheapskate. 5000 month to month? Take a six month contract and get a half decent place worth living for 7- 8000 baht. Something even with a separate bedroom and close to the beach.

You are talking about £160 per month. Living in squalor or a tiny room will do nothing to improve your creativity.

Again someone has asked for help, and given his requirements and all he gets is a torent of abuse.

Some of you people are clueless.

Plenty of cheap places on the dark side. Go check them out if you dont mind traveling into cental Pattaya.

Ok budget 10,000 a month.. is everyone happy now?

​But MUST be contract free! i don't like contracts i just want to pay the money upfront for 1 month accommodation biggrin.png

Jomtien has plenty of 10k studios right now (low season) and better suited if your not going out partying. Most condos have rental adds on a board inside the condo lobby for month to month rent

Somebody suggested 5k ?Trust me for 5k you will only find a dump surrounded by karaoke bars and yapping dogs, not worth the misery.

​But MUST be contract free! i don't like contracts i just want to pay the money upfront for 1 month accommodation biggrin.png

Erm...no. You will almost certainly have to pay a deposit, in addition to the first month of rent.

Erm...no. You will almost certainly have to pay a deposit, in addition to the first month of rent.

95% chance you will have to pay first last and deposit....

Good 5000 Baht rooms are out there but the Thais have them locked down

pretty hard in central Pattaya...Past 3rd road or on the dark side your

chances of finding one available goes up...

6000-7000 a month your chances of finding a good room in central Pattaya

goes way up......

Good cheap rooms require a lot of looking...

Edited by fforest1

Had some great replies in PM form..

There's a few available places for 5000 .. not in central pattaya.. no contract, free water and pay lecccy bills.

at NIRUN CONDO there are plenty of units available for short term rent, many small "offices" on the ground floor of this huge complex have offers prominently displayed in their windows. It is not exactly new and does not have a great reputation, but it has a good infrastructure - basically anything you need can be found within the complex or just a few meters (BIG C!) away.

More upper class - JOMTIEN BEACH CONDOMINIUM, around Soi 11 Jomtien. monthly rentals start around 7.000 - 8.000 Baht. A much more peasant environment. same as at NIRUN, many "agents" on the ground floor

I cannot answer the question but if the OP believes he can live on approx 25000 Bht a month then good luck in Pattaya !

if he rents a unit for 4.500 Baht at Nirun, he has 20K a month left to spend - a lot more than the large majority of Thais who live there.

I cannot answer the question but if the OP believes he can live on approx 25000 Bht a month then good luck in Pattaya !

Have a friend who does it and manages to save most of it. Of course they don't have a drinking and P4P budget. Just a normal life. Shopping, preparing food at home etc. No need to spend much.

If you can live in Jomtien I can recommend Baan Suan Lalana resort. Only 7000 baht for nice big studio rooms 40 sqm. And swimming pool / restaurant . Normally you have to sign 6 month contracts but you can ask at the office, there's always rooms available.