B1st ATM Card now blocked in USA

elephant45

Jippytum is not correct. The Be1st Smart chip and pin Visa debit card can be used at any Thai bank. For example I used mine today in an SCB Atm. The countries where you will find it difficult to use are India, China and the US. This is because many of their machines are old technology and have yet to be updated to the chip and pin system. So if you are trying to use it in these three technologically underdeveloped countries be prepared to have to search for a machine that will accept the latest technology as did Europe for instance many years ago.

For a long time the Be 1st chipped cards could only be used at Bangkok bank ATM's as they were the only machines with chip readers. The other banks are currently upgrading their machines. So Jippytum was correct until very recently.

Yup,

Same thing, guy at the bank, the intelligent well dressed assistant manager said..... said "ummm Blocked in USA" I have other money sources and BKK Bank credit card does work, but what kind of BS is this? Go to dinner and cant pay for it because it was the only card I had with me at the moment, in front of five people, uh sorry I am a loser from Thailand, duh sorry.

I tried at five different separate banks.

The people I am staying with, the guys wife is a manager of a number of banks with a very large office and she also says "Blocked in the USA" So to all of you who want to believe that you know that I am not correct well, think again.

I do not keep much money in these accounts for this exact reason as cash seems to flow one way in LOS.

I imagine the "Incoming Wire Transfer Section is working just fine as I type!

Bangkok bank card have a chip to prevent 'skimming ' they only work at the moment on Bangkok Bank atm's within Thailand .If you are going abroad and wish to use the card please contact the bank before departure and the old type will be issued to you.

Just a word of advice for anyone traveling and expecting to use a card outside the country that it was issued in. Contact the issuing company of the card and inform them when you will traveling and where as well as tell them you plan to be using your card.

Doing this will probably eliminate a lot of problems when you do travel and use your card.

Bangkok bank card have a chip to prevent 'skimming ' they only work at the moment on Bangkok Bank atm's within Thailand .If you are going abroad and wish to use the card please contact the bank before departure and the old type will be issued to you.

Just a word of advice for anyone traveling and expecting to use a card outside the country that it was issued in. Contact the issuing company of the card and inform them when you will traveling and where as well as tell them you plan to be using your card.

Doing this will probably eliminate a lot of problems when you do travel and use your card.

don't know about BBL but Kasikorn debit card has worked for me in every country i've tried to use it with the exception of Switzerland.

I got money out in puerto rico a few weeks ago with a bkk bank chip card.

I never activated it online or anything and i dont believe you need to do that or can do that. The online activating thing is for online purchases and stuff i think.

Also tried card in cuba and didnt work but things are sketchy there and my aussie card didnt work either.

This is the problem banking with thai banks. You get treated like and alien and when things like this happen it is very difficult to resolve them.