true television ( setanta channel 125

whiteman

I am thinking next Feb to change over from Astro to TrueVision a long story I will keep it short. I mainly watched Setanta sports and the English Soccor or did watch it until this years renewal on Astro and it went off my Setanta sports via Astro I paid the annual renewal for it and all but when they did the renewal for some reason this year it never worked all the other channels worked except Setanta pissed me off.

Any how my question is I see that True have Setanta as one of there channels does it have the Ausy Rugby League games? and also the rugby union from New Zealand and Ausy on this Setanta channel of true?

Also do they have english soccor live on true and is it in English language?

Thanks for your incoming replies I am not interested at the moment with watching it via pc or any VPNS.

I believe one of the Setanta channels is broadcasting the NRL State of Origin game live this afternoon. The NRL also suggests a new streaming station called "...livestream.com...". Not sure about other NRL games though.

True/Setanta has all the southern hemishere Super Rugby games, NRL, tests, the Aussie Rules, and State of Origin. Channel 669 for the first State of Origin today, kick-off at 5pm local time.

Setanta also shows the northern hemisphere league and union in their season, although one hesitates to call the northern hemisphere matches "rugby", as such. whistling.gif

You won't see any of the roundy ball game on Setanta.

EDIT: Better clarify re the Aussie Rules - Setanta show a few matches occasionally but more as fillers I think. They don't follow the season. I watch it on Sophon's Australia Channel, as they show most games.

ok thanks 4 the heads up re Setanta now the other part does True show English soccor live and in English language? also how many games do the show at a time. eg on a Saturday they play most games at kick off at 3 the season just finished astro had 3 games showing at the same time so does True also do that or is it just one game live?

ok thanks 4 the heads up re Setanta now the other part does True show English soccor live and in English language? also how many games do the show at a time. eg on a Saturday they play most games at kick off at 3 the season just finished astro had 3 games showing at the same time so does True also do that or is it just one game live?

This season just finished True showed The Champions League (the rights holder in Thailand was an Arab TV Company- 'BeIn'). You had to pay for the Gold or Platinum premium packages - minimum about 1,500 baht a month. CTH had the Thai rights and also showed the Premier League - about 950 baht a month. Nobody apparently bothered to acquire the rights to the League Cup or FA Cup, but occasionally matches appear free to air.

CTH showed virtually all of the games live (occupied 7 regular football channels (the Stadium channels 1 to 6 and X) if needed plus 2 irregular ones for the rare occasions when there were more. You are a bit out-dated if you think that nearly all matches kick off at 3pm on a Saturday. Games were re-broadcast repeatedly throughout the week. True was less thorough in carrying all live games in the early stages, but most games got good coverage in a comprehensive 2 hour highlights programme. Games involving English clubs are popular here and were always shown I think. Commentary was available in English for both True and CTH. CTH carried the Premier-League production magazine programmes recapping a weekend's activities and having nightly update/look back/look forward/news review plus a (fairly obnoxious!) fan phone in

GMM - another Thai broadcaster who seemingly want out of broadcasting but are happy to buy and license onwards content - has the rights to the 'Euros', starting next week. GMM has a partnership arrangement with CTH and we (those of us following football and contributing to the ThaiV football forum) are expecting the games to turn up on CTH's Stadium 1 and 2. Whether all the qualifiers will be shown live I don't know. Some Thai free to air channels will also show games.

BeIn has acquired the rights for the next three seasons to the Premier League. Where they will show and how comprehensively are yet to be announced. We presume they will show via True since that is an established link-up for showing the Champions League, but anything can happen and usually does so rather late in the day in Thailand. Waht package and what price - yet to be determined; BeIN and True are probably still haggling over the details of the contract.

I haven't seen any discussion about how the Champions League will be shown next season - possibly BeIn have more than the one (last year) deal so my guess would be True again.

Look at the football forum here for developing information. The pinned thread is old but new threads get written or old ones updated when there is something new to share about football on Thai TV.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/95-footballsoccer-forum/

Don't take out any new contract with CTH unless it can be limited to the Euros-only period. It is rumoured to be in a poor state financially and may not survive the Summer

Archived