Horrible Discovery in Tiger Temple: Dozens of Dead Tiger Kittens

webfact

Please this is not about religion at all its about bad monks nothing to do with Buddhist teaching at all. Same Catholic priest who abuse children nothing to do with Catholic Church. I do not like what they have done bad bad for Thailand and as I said I hope they get locked up.

but it's not about religion.

BS!

They are doing these things under the name and the roof of their religion or church.

And as long as their respective religious leaders do not act against scum like that, it is very well THE RELIGION and THE CHURCH, that is in the drivers seat here!

Edited by DM07

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that prostitution are Thailands least concern about their image. I actually see more monks than prostitutes everywhere . The monks should be their number 1 priority. And not only some 3 days crackdown or a nice speech from PM.

And my thoughts for letting criminals join the monkhood is simple. Putting a pig in a stable doesnt make it a horse. ITS still a pig!

Edited by sead

No wonder I'm agnostic. My first wife was Jewish, My second was a muslim, My third of whom I,m still married to is a Thai Budhist whom I love and is best . I was born Anglican, Religion "It's all bullshit".

Then you should understand that your wife is probably an animist, and that true Buddhism is not a religion. Me? True Buddhist. I don't market in animal parts, nor do the monks whom I follow.

Edited by connda

Disgusting so much for religion

There is nothing wrong with religion per se, it is the way it is abused that is disgusting

Basing one's whole code of conduct and moral compass on a superstition is dangerous, inept and ought not be condoned or even tolerated in this the 21st century. That may be said of all religions, especially the Abrahamic ones that seem to occupy 99% of prime time. There is everything wrong with this. Regarding dead cats... did anyone actually believe it would turn out well?

I sure hope they cancel the temples approves zoo permit now. A fine example to show the world about Buddhism at its best. These people should be locked in a cage with 20 or so hungry tigers and left alone from about a week. Karma at its best for sure

Let's look at this logically. 1) Of what use are dead baby tigers? Anybody know of any mysterious use for them? 2) If the Tiger Temple was, in fact, a breeding centre for tigers, why would they kill the cubs? Doesn't make any sense. 3) Is it possible these "baby tigers" were aborted foetuses? We need a tiger expert to weigh in on how common tiger mothers' abort.

The other animal stuff certainly has all the trappings of Chinese medicine for sale. Although I've driven by it, has the Si Racha Tiger Zoo, for example, been subject to the same scrutiny?

In all fairness, I'd like to see some comments by those volunteers working at the Tiger Temple. The volunteers I met there were certainly not dodgy characters at TT for money. Some of them have been volunteering for years. Therefore, it would be completely impossible for anyone financially motivated at the wat to keep all the alleged chicanery secret.

There are a lot of things that simply don't add up in this whole picture. We all realise perhaps the wat wasn't paying its tea money, hence the crackdown.

I, for one, am still not convinced. No need to be knee-jerks!

They are shockingly skilled at breeding. A real pity that they did not put these skills toward a useful end .... given the current plight of Asian tigers.

Asian tiger? What other type is there? ...

Dead ones (obviously)

Please this is not about religion at all its about bad monks nothing to do with Buddhist teaching at all. Same Catholic priest who abuse children nothing to do with Catholic Church. I do not like what they have done bad bad for Thailand and as I said I hope they get locked up.

but it's not about religion.

BS!

They are doing these things under the name and the roof of their religion or church.

And as long as their respective religious leaders do not act against scum like that, it is very well THE RELIGION and THE CHURCH, that is in the drivers seat here!

Don't know what BS is supposed to mean !! You are wrong.

Went there about four years ago. Clearly a commercial enterprise run by and for the monks.

I could not understand why there was a group of western "volunteers" helping to look after the tigers. If they had cared about the animals they should have been campaigning outside the entrance.

Cambodia wants some tigers to release into the wild. Send fifty or so over there.

This is what I dont understand either. I have to admit to being conned by this place. The reason I believed everything was above board was from chatting to a couple of the lady volunteers from Australia who were working there. They seemed perfectly genuine.

I dont understand how they could not have known the full story if they were living and working there.

Theres nowt so blind as them who wont see

Disgusting so much for religion

There is nothing wrong with religion per se, it is the way it is abused that is disgusting

Basing one's whole code of conduct and moral compass on a superstition is dangerous, inept and ought not be condoned or even tolerated in this the 21st century. That may be said of all religions, especially the Abrahamic ones that seem to occupy 99% of prime time. There is everything wrong with this. Regarding dead cats... did anyone actually believe it would turn out well?

Not when you don't allow enough room to swing a dead cat in.

I hate to say this,because i am an animal lover.But NO! no one cares because compassion,love for animals,love for anything,doesnt exist among the great unwashed and uneducated. As long as it doesnt affect them directly it doesnt matter.

You cant make a people care when that emotion has never been in their make up.

I'm sorry to say this,but its true.

I explained what had happened to my wife and she looked at me with the expression that Homer Simpson has when he doesnt understand the simplest of things.

Anyone out there still defending the scum who ran this cesspit?

There is a more balanced perspective that doesn't involve a rabid PC crusade against this particular place but that focusses on what is necessary to properly regulate such places.

People will always collect animals - it's human nature. And there are scores of places that keep tigers in Thailand for 'whatever' reason. No one is naive enough to assume that many of them don't involve trafficking, given the compelling economic pressure to do so and widespread corruption on high. The real issue is one of control - how to effectively monitor every individual animal - and monitor the monitors.

The solution is political - unfortunately - as that prospect is even further off now than it ever was. The crusade against this one particular place is meant to set some kind of an example but is still missing the wider point, and I still fear for the well-being of all the current tigers once they are dispersed to who-knows-where, and all the others in scores of places that no one hears about that are still vulnerable.

It's now PC to condemn the breeding of tigers for profit? Yeah, right.

The place is a cesspit.

Those running it are scum.

The trade in endangered species is a foul one.

Gaol all those involved in this place and when they are released, arrest and gaol them again.

slow down. what was the point of killing the tiger cubs? they were kept in a freezer and may have been collected over a number of month or years. why didnt they get rid of them? they must have know wild life officers were going to raid them eventually, why didnt they get rid of them?

h

I would guess simply because they thought they were above the law and complacency took over, many a criminal with the same attitude has fallen because of this attitude.

Just one more piece of evidence (in case anyone needs one) that "Bahtism" - not Buddhism - is the functional state religion.

Hopefully, in their next lives, the subhuman slime balls who run this "temple" return as tiger prey.

Shocking to find out that thai buddism has so many low life scumbacks walking around in safran robes.

It is supposed to be an institution in which people can have just a little bit of faith.

Now when I see a monk in the streets I wonder whether he is real or a scumback.

Not sure what you mean by "so many". But I get it because when I Buddhist monks or Catholic priests or evangelical reverends or Muslim mullahs I too wonder whether they are real or "scum" but I also have to remember that most, not all, but most are decent folks.

For those of you who doubt that Buddhism is a religion, well it is hard to respond to such ignorance. But I would say that currently, in Thailand, there is nobody protecting the faith.

I hate to say this,because i am an animal lover.But NO! no one cares because compassion,love for animals,love for anything,doesnt exist among the great unwashed and uneducated. As long as it doesnt affect them directly it doesnt matter.

I explained what had happened to my wife and she looked at me with the expression that Homer Simpson has when he doesnt understand the simplest of things.

Yes my Wife just refused to talk about it.

Cannot criticise monks or Buddhism

Yes my Wife just refused to talk about it.

Cannot criticise monks or Buddhism

My wife is a devout Buddhist !

She has no problem understanding and condemning all those associated with the Tiger "temple"