Thais drink 4-7 times less milk than their neighbours and the rest of the world

webfact

Good for Thais that they don't drink milk and consume dairy products with high fat content. This fat is famous palm oil which can be found almost in every fatty stuff that we are eating nowadays. Palm oil = cancer.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is so much wrong with this advice. Pasteurized milk and other dairy nutrition products (particularly those that are laced with sugar) are suitable only for those that like to be sick and want a diseased body. Dairy nutrition has been linked to so many health problems, too numerous to list and explain here.

The standard excuse for daily dairy consumption is we need the calcium so we have strong bones. Absolute BS. Researchers at Yale, Harvard, Penn State, and the National Institutes of Health found no evidence of this concerning dairy consumption nor does it prevent osteoporosis. In fact it causes it, as another poster said above.

The National Dairy Council (USA) itself revealed that the highly acidic altered proteins of dairy foods actually leach calcium from the body. Yale University looked at 34 studies done in 16 countries on osteoporosis rates. They found that countries that consume the most meat and dairy nutrition have the highest rates of osteoporosis. Another study found that 40 million women have osteoporosis and only 250,000 women that live in Africa have the disease. Matter of fact, of the 40 tribes that live in Kenya and Tanzania, only one, the Maasai have osteoporosis. The Maasai as it turns out are a cattle owning and dairy consuming tribe, the rest aren't.

You also get much higher levels of calcium and other minerals from fruits and vegetables. Consuming high amounts of dairy actually blocks iron absorption contributing to iron deficiency in women not to mention the calcium leaching effect on the bones. If the Health Department director is concerned about Thai children getting enough calcium consider eating high calcium foods. High calcium foods are kale, collard greens, mustard greens, cabbage, kelp, seaweed, watercress, chickpeas, broccoli, red beans, sesame seeds and raw nuts.

Many people seem to assume they need extra calcium, however it often isn't a calcium problem. It is often a calcium absorption problem, things like phosphoric acid in soda drinks or caffeine can interfere with absorption.

That aside we also need Vitamin D3 to even absorb calcium, any Thais here staying out of the sun? Also excessive salt and protein can lead to increased calcium excretion through the kidneys, sound familiar at all?

Raw milk, although vital to be fresh, may have some health benefits, however pasteurized, homogenized milk often sourced from cows fed hormones or GMO's ain't no health drink. I drank plenty of non-homogenized milk as a kid and survived it like everyone else, however there are better foods to eat.

As to comments by medical experts, their opinions regarding anything but the joy of pharmaceutical ingestion have been proven wrong way too many times over the years already, they are usually about 10 years behind modern natural research. Just like the guy I saw on TV back home rubbishing everything natural, looked him up and his research was financed by the usual pharmaceutical related culprits, hmm.

The body is very complex chemically, fresh natural unprocessed food provides what we need in the correct ratios. Just taking a supplement often does little if it doesn't take the various synergists and antagonists into account.

There is so much wrong with this advice. Pasteurized milk and other dairy nutrition products (particularly those that are laced with sugar) are suitable only for those that like to be sick and want a diseased body. Dairy nutrition has been linked to so many health problems, too numerous to list and explain here.

The standard excuse for daily dairy consumption is we need the calcium so we have strong bones. Absolute BS. Researchers at Yale, Harvard, Penn State, and the National Institutes of Health found no evidence of this concerning dairy consumption nor does it prevent osteoporosis. In fact it causes it, as another poster said above.

The National Dairy Council (USA) itself revealed that the highly acidic altered proteins of dairy foods actually leach calcium from the body. Yale University looked at 34 studies done in 16 countries on osteoporosis rates. They found that countries that consume the most meat and dairy nutrition have the highest rates of osteoporosis. Another study found that 40 million women have osteoporosis and only 250,000 women that live in Africa have the disease. Matter of fact, of the 40 tribes that live in Kenya and Tanzania, only one, the Maasai have osteoporosis. The Maasai as it turns out are a cattle owning and dairy consuming tribe, the rest aren't.

You also get much higher levels of calcium and other minerals from fruits and vegetables. Consuming high amounts of dairy actually blocks iron absorption contributing to iron deficiency in women not to mention the calcium leaching effect on the bones. If the Health Department director is concerned about Thai children getting enough calcium consider eating high calcium foods. High calcium foods are kale, collard greens, mustard greens, cabbage, kelp, seaweed, watercress, chickpeas, broccoli, red beans, sesame seeds and raw nuts.

Many people seem to assume they need extra calcium, however it often isn't a calcium problem. It is often a calcium absorption problem, things like phosphoric acid in soda drinks or caffeine can interfere with absorption.

That aside we also need Vitamin D3 to even absorb calcium, any Thais here staying out of the sun? Also excessive salt and protein can lead to increased calcium excretion through the kidneys, sound familiar at all?

Raw milk, although vital to be fresh, may have some health benefits, however pasteurized, homogenized milk often sourced from cows fed hormones or GMO's ain't no health drink. I drank plenty of non-homogenized milk as a kid and survived it like everyone else, however there are better foods to eat.

As to comments by medical experts, their opinions regarding anything but the joy of pharmaceutical ingestion have been proven wrong way too many times over the years already, they are usually about 10 years behind modern natural research. Just like the guy I saw on TV back home rubbishing everything natural, looked him up and his research was financed by the usual pharmaceutical related culprits, hmm.

The body is very complex chemically, fresh natural unprocessed food provides what we need in the correct ratios. Just taking a supplement often does little if it doesn't take the various synergists and antagonists into account.

"As to comments by medical experts, their opinions regarding anything but the joy of pharmaceutical ingestion have been proven wrong way too many times over the years already, they are usually about 10 years behind modern natural research."

I must have missed these comments, could you direct me to them?

I would also like to know what you mean by "modern natural research". Could you give a definition and examples?

60% Chocolate milk, 40% Captain Morgan's Rum.

Shaken or stirred. Long tall glass.

Try it, one of my favourite drinks.

I like milk...

No ice?

Most definetely.

Indeed, very important ingredient. I forgot...

60% Chocolate milk, 40% Captain Morgan's Rum.

Shaken or stirred. Long tall glass.

Try it, one of my favourite drinks.

I like milk...

No ice?

Most definetely.

Indeed, very important ingredient. I forgot...

I'm sure it's easy to forget, after a couple of those 'thaiguzzi guzzlers'.

Let me just modify the recipe for you:

60% Chocolate milk, 40% Captain Morgan's Rum, 50% crushed ice.

"NO SUCH THING AS A DRINK THAT CONTAINS 150%," I hear the keyboards scream!

Ha! After several 'thaiguzzi guzzlers' I challenge you to perform basic counting skills on your fingers. All 20 fingers!

But consume more alcohol than their neighbors.

Not according to Thanh Nien News with this (April 3, 2015) headline:

"Vietnam reconsiders late-night booze ban as it ranks first in SE Asia in alcohol consumption."

Seems every country in ASEAN wants to claim a title in something. Be it good, or bad.

There is another report that claims Thailand is #1. However, it could be beer or whiskey, or simply overall alcohol consumption or amount sold. Don't recall the specifics. Perhaps, Vietnam. I is #1 at late night drinking. :-)

Question: Where does cow's milk come from?

Answer: Doh! It comes from dairy cows

Question: So where are the dairy cows in Thailand?

Answer: blink.png

The answer is Oz and Enzed, usually as powder which is reconstituted. But the REAL money is in baby formula sold over the net to Chinese. http://www.businessinsider.com.au/heres-how-people-are-cashing-in-on-australian-baby-formula-by-selling-it-online-to-chinese-buyers-2015-11

I'm sure it's easy to forget, after a couple of those 'thaiguzzi guzzlers'.

Let me just modify the recipe for you:

60% Chocolate milk, 40% Captain Morgan's Rum, 50% crushed ice.

"NO SUCH THING AS A DRINK THAT CONTAINS 150%," I hear the keyboards scream!

Ha! After several 'thaiguzzi guzzlers' I challenge you to perform basic counting skills on your fingers. All 20 fingers!

It's not that bad. Honest.

A German biker friend introduced it to me a couple of years ago. If i visited him for a day, he'd get a full bottle of CM and a couple of bottles of Chocomilk out and we'd finish it off in an afternoon.

He was also known for visiting me with a 1 litre bottle of Smirnoff, no carton of OJ, and send his missus down to the local market and buy 5 kgs of oranges/mandarins. Her job being to squeeze and supply said V&O....