New Brexit polls suggest shift in favour of leaving the EU

webfact

Vote Leave’s ‘Migrant Myth’ – why migration is good for the UK’s economy

http://ukinvestormagazine.co.uk/vote-leaves-migrant-myth-migration-good-uks-economy/

JB300

This is from 2010 / 11

attachicon.gifarticle-2215070-156C345A000005DC-652_634x228.jpg

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2215070/Are-contributor-burden-nations-finances--Squeezed-middle-increasingly-dependent-state.html

I read a report recently, I will have to try and find it and post. That figure is now £28 - 30,000 per individual to be a net contributor in the UK.

I am not, and will not, try and lay the blame on the UK ills on the doorstep of immigrants. Given the figures from 2010 / 11 I would be extremely hard pushed to believe that immigrants are net contributors to the UK. Granted that there will be some that earn over these figures, most likely in the banking sector.

I sort of agree with you, but you only need to look at why Germany is letting a lot of immigrants in (it needs cheap labour) to see that there's an argument for (controlled) immigration being net-positive for the country.

Obviously as an immigrant myself (I'm a Brit working in Singapore) I can also see this from the other side.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we vote them out?

can we vote out Brussels as it stands?

Who's 'we'? The people of Scotland can't vote the British government out. However, in the same way as the people of the UK can vote the British government out, the people of the EU can (and have!) vote the EU Commission out. To be precise, the popularly elected assembly, the European Parliament, can vote the European Commission out.

The big difference is that Europe is more like the UK's theoretical position, where the Queen appoints the prime minister who may then resign because he lacks the confidence of Parliament. The Commission is appointed by the member governments.

The commissioners swear an oath to represent the best interests of the EU and not their home nation.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

" The commissioners swear an oath "

Yes that and $.50 will get you a cup of coffeegiggle.gif

These guys don't even know the meaning of integrity and truthbah.gif

'When it becomes serious, you have to lie'

Jean-Claude Juncker President of the European Commission

http://ukinvestormagazine.co.uk/vote-leaves-migrant-myth-migration-good-uks-economy/

JB300

This is from 2010 / 11

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2215070/Are-contributor-burden-nations-finances--Squeezed-middle-increasingly-dependent-state.html

I read a report recently, I will have to try and find it and post. That figure is now £28 - 30,000 per individual to be a net contributor in the UK.

I am not, and will not, try and lay the blame on the UK ills on the doorstep of immigrants. Given the figures from 2010 / 11 I would be extremely hard pushed to believe that immigrants are net contributors to the UK. Granted that there will be some that earn over these figures, most likely in the banking sector.

I sort of agree with you, but you only need to look at why Germany is letting a lot of immigrants in (it needs cheap labour) to see that there's an argument for (controlled) immigration being net-positive for the country.

Obviously as an immigrant myself (I'm a Brit working in Singapore) I can also see this from the other side.

I think you might want to rephrase or rethink that statement. There was nothing controlled about what has just happened to Germany and the Southern EU as a whole.

I would also argue, that the UK currently has 1.7 Million officially unemployed. The true figure is actually unknown. A quick visit to the DWP website and a quick scan of who is not eligible to claim JSA ( Where the official unemployed figure comes from ) shows you that the official figures are a load of crap. Whilst the UK has that amount of unemployed it does not need immigration to augment the workforce. The task in hand should be to get these people into work.

I am willing to wager that you are not selling the Big Issue or washing cars in superstore car park wink.pngwink.png

tomach8

"Absolutly.

The EU is going the wrong way.

Rather than leave the EU, I would prefer to deselect the warts politicians in each country and better elect newly forces in the parliament, that clean up this turd.

I support the reform of the EU."

You like lots of others on this thread just don't get it, do you?

The EU, a political union is not designed to be changed, in fact it does not want to be changed.

Do you not remember Cameron's speech saying that he will not take no for an answer?

Did well there didn't he?

Oh sorry I forgot about the concession on sanitary towels, whch has still to be ratified by the other 27 member states!

JB300

This is from 2010 / 11

I think you might want to rephrase or rethink that statement. There was nothing controlled about what has just happened to Germany and the Southern EU as a whole.

I would also argue, that the UK currently has 1.7 Million officially unemployed. The true figure is actually unknown. A quick visit to the DWP website and a quick scan of who is not eligible to claim JSA ( Where the official unemployed figure comes from ) shows you that the official figures are a load of crap. Whilst the UK has that amount of unemployed it does not need immigration to augment the workforce. The task in hand should be to get these people into work.

I am willing to wager that you are not selling the Big Issue or washing cars in superstore car park wink.pngwink.png

In theory that sounds great however you have to take into account that a lot of these British people are unemployable, lazy, unskilled, alcoholic, druggies etc. There is a reason that the NHS employs 1000's of European nurses etc. When Asians started running convenience stores was it because the British were not qualified to sell milk and coffee or was it because they could not be bothered to work long hours? Competition is good, just because you are British it doesn't mean you should automatically qualify for a job if there is a better more skilled and qualified candidate from somewhere else. If I was an employer I would like the choice to be able to chose the best and not have to hire someone because they were born in the country. This goes for all countries not just Britain

JB300

This is from 2010 / 11

Lol, nobody is buying the Big Issue in Singapore (the locals will crawl over you to save the s$2 (assuming it's still £1).

But by the same token I am pure working class (Warrington lad), from a council estate / working class family so please don't project any "Privilege" on me.

FWIW all my family are voting leave, I just see things from the other side being an "Immigrant" (from Kampala, through Karachi to Singapore with a few places in between) myself for so many years.

Edited by JB300

We should not import workers from E Europe to do low skilled work. The people most likely to be on benefits are not indigenous Brits.

We should not import workers from E Europe to do low skilled work. The people most likely to be on benefits are not indigenous Brits.

What type of jobs?

But we are where we are, let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

What's the 'baby'?

Just exactly what is this wonderful creature that the British people will lose after slinging out the unaccountable, incompetent, hostile, bureaucratic, extravagant, self-interested and self-righteous elite in Brussels?

But we are where we are, let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

What's the 'baby'?

Just exactly what is this wonderful creature that the British people will lose after slinging out the unaccountable, incompetent, hostile, bureaucratic, extravagant, self-interested and self-righteous elite in Brussels?

Seriously fella (assuming you're not a troll), if you honestly think that then vote leave & good luck to you[emoji1303]

Can we look back a generation or 2 & see who we dragged over to clean the toilets & drive the buses or (do any of the over jobs that were "below us Brits").

Problem we have now adays is there are too many lazy chavs complainjng about the price of Ciggies, Special Brew & Sky Tv & it's all the "Foreigners" fault.

Can we look back a generation or 2 & see who we dragged over to clean the toilets & drive the buses or (do any of the over jobs that were "below us Brits").

Problem we have now adays is there are too many lazy chavs complainjng about the price of Ciggies, Special Brew & Sky Tv & it's all the "Foreigners" fault.

Finally someone who tells it how it is.

Has anybody heard that the Lisbon agreement will allow for military conscription in the future. I believe the EU are in the process of forming a EU army and if so I find that very very worrying.

Edited by nontabury

Vote Leaves Migrant Myth why migration is good for the UKs economy

JB300

This is from 2010 / 11

In theory that sounds great however you have to take into account that a lot of these British people are unemployable, lazy, unskilled, alcoholic, druggies etc. There is a reason that the NHS employs 1000's of European nurses etc. When Asians started running convenience stores was it because the British were not qualified to sell milk and coffee or was it because they could not be bothered to work long hours? Competition is good, just because you are British it doesn't mean you should automatically qualify for a job if there is a better more skilled and qualified candidate from somewhere else. If I was an employer I would like the choice to be able to chose the best and not have to hire someone because they were born in the country. This goes for all countries not just Britain

And what is your occupation?

I just read this and forward it to you, just for your information: Brexit will probably lose

Brexit Yes stands at only 36 cents now, while Brexit No is at 64 cents. (Certainty is $1). The referendum is in 4 days. Brexit will probably lose. If Brexit wins, it will take a very large and rapid shift in this market and be a very big upset. That would be most unusual.

JB300

This is from 2010 / 11

In theory that sounds great however you have to take into account that a lot of these British people are unemployable, lazy, unskilled, alcoholic, druggies etc. There is a reason that the NHS employs 1000's of European nurses etc. When Asians started running convenience stores was it because the British were not qualified to sell milk and coffee or was it because they could not be bothered to work long hours? Competition is good, just because you are British it doesn't mean you should automatically qualify for a job if there is a better more skilled and qualified candidate from somewhere else. If I was an employer I would like the choice to be able to chose the best and not have to hire someone because they were born in the country. This goes for all countries not just Britain[/quote

And what is your occupation?

Not relevant but one thing is for sure I've never felt threaten by immigrants taking my job. Have you been to London lately? It's not easy to find a Brit serving at McDonald's or working on the floor of a sales shop. You want to blame immigrants? Or is it that the British unemployed youth are just too lazy? One of my good friends is a property developer in Salisbury and if possible won't hire Brits on the building sites. Always hungover, taking days of work , lazy etc. He swears by Eastern Europeans as they produce the goods but hey " they are taking the jobs from our boys"

Has anybody heard that the Lisbon agreement will allow for military conscription in the future. I believe the EU are in the process of forming a EU army and if so I find that very very worrying.

I thought some of the stuff that 'project fear' was putting out was bad and the UKIP breaking point campaign was about as low as you can get but the suggestion that the EU has written some clause into the Lisbon Treaty that they can literally take our children from us without any sort of link or proof is plumbing a whole new depth.

I thought some of the stuff that 'project fear' was putting out was bad and the UKIP breaking point campaign was about as low as you can get but the suggestion that the EU has written some clause into the Lisbon Treaty that they can literally take our children from us without any sort of link or proof is plumbing a whole new depth.

So what about - Point 3 of article 42 of section 2 " Provisions on the common security and military capabilities available to the Union"

post-78707-0-42623900-1466355587_thumb.j

So what about - Point 3 of article 42 of section 2 " Provisions on the common security and military capabilities available to the Union"

Can't see anything about conscription there though it does mention a couple of times the unanimous agreement of the European Council.

http://www.lisbon-treaty.org/wcm/the-lisbon-treaty/treaty-on-european-union-and-comments/title-5-general-provisions-on-the-unions-external-action-and-specific-provisions/chapter-2-specific-provisions-on-the-common-foreign-and-security-policy/section-2-provisions-on-the-common-security-and-defence-policy/129-article-42.html

23 June 2016- One of the most important votes in American history. Certainly 'the [vote] heard round the world.'

Between last week and now, between Cardiff, Newport, Bath, and London, I calculate I've gotten another 14 on the fencers to commit to LEAVE! Just about or under 30 Brits total, previously undecided, have now changed. I equally charged them all with converting as many as possible. So, if every one convinces only one other, that's still mid 50s.

I'm taking the lead of the US president who made clear its perfectly acceptable for Americans to come on UK soil and try to influence the vote. Obama's threat has proved a valuable tool for me.

LEAVE

JB300

This is from 2010 / 11

Lol, nobody is buying the Big Issue in Singapore (the locals will crawl over you to save the s$2 (assuming it's still £1).

But by the same token I am pure working class (Warrington lad), from a council estate / working class family so please don't project any "Privilege" on me.

FWIW all my family are voting leave, I just see things from the other side being an "Immigrant" (from Kampala, through Karachi to Singapore with a few places in between) myself for so many years.

1 also came from a council estate,and made my money through hard graft,sometimes working three jobs,before starting my own business and making my small fortune. There I separate from you, while realizing some people are lazy and work shy, I also know that most people are still hard working,yet are not determined to climb the ladder of life,does that make them any inferior to me, of course not,unless of course I

Was to think of myself as superior and think to hell with everybody else.

The vast majority of these immigrants are taking the jobs of those at the bottom of the pile. I'm assuming your Profession ( sounds more important than job)requires high qualifications from which you can demand a high salary. I just wonder if the supply of people with your qualifications were to multiply overnight and subsequently threaten your life style, would you join your family and vote Brexit.

My profession (I'm an IT consultant) does require a lot of qualifications but I don't have them (quit 6 form after 6 months to take a YOP in IT) so got to where I am by (as you say) hard work.

Working in IT (& done a fair few outsourcing/off-shoring projects) "cheaper labour" has been a constant threat to my life style but you "Right Shift" along the food chain (started off as a programmer, when companies started moving this to India I moved myself to designer then architect/consultant).

I do empathise with your point, but at the end of the day we brought immigrants over to do jobs that we didn't want to do or to plug gaps where we had a skills shortage (do you remember trying to get a plumber in the mid-90s before the Polish came over? I know a couple of guys that quit their IT career to cross-train as a plumber because the money was better).

Singapore has been going through a similar thing for a few years, locals are complaining about foreigners taking their jobs with Indians taking all of the IT roles & Filipinos taking the sales/restaurant jobs but none of them are complaining about the Bangladesh construction workers as it seems that the Singaporeans don't want to do that job (ring any bells?).

The biggest difference here is that there's no social security/benefits in Singapore so people have to work to live, if we're going to do cut down on immigration in the UK to create more jobs then let's also crack down on benefits & force people who can work to work.

When someone says 'most likely....' it means that they have been too lazy to do any research and instead are going to generate some opinion reliant purely on either prejudice or bogus impressionism..

JB300

This is from 2010 / 11

1 also came from a council estate,and made my money through hard graft,sometimes working three jobs,before starting my own business and making my small fortune. There I separate from you, while realizing some people are lazy and work shy, I also know that most people are still hard working,yet are not determined to climb the ladder of life,does that make them any inferior to me, of course not,unless of course I

Was to think of myself as superior and think to hell with everybody else.

The vast majority of these immigrants are taking the jobs of those at the bottom of the pile. I'm assuming your Profession ( sounds more important than job)requires high qualifications from which you can demand a high salary. I just wonder if the supply of people with your qualifications were to multiply overnight and subsequently threaten your life style, would you join your family and vote Brexit.

My profession (I'm an IT consultant) does require a lot of qualifications but I don't have them (quit 6 form after 6 months to take a YOP in IT) so got to where I am by (as you say) hard work.

Working in IT (& done a fair few outsourcing/off-shoring projects) "cheaper labour" has been a constant threat to my life style but you "Right Shift" along the food chain (started off as a programmer, when companies started moving this to India I moved myself to designer then architect/consultant).

I do empathise with your point, but at the end of the day we brought immigrants over to do jobs that we didn't want to do or to plug gaps where we had a skills shortage (do you remember trying to get a plumber in the mid-90s before the Polish came over? I know a couple of guys that quit their IT career to cross-train as a plumber because the money was better).

Singapore has been going through a similar thing for a few years, locals are complaining about foreigners taking their jobs with Indians taking all of the IT roles & Filipinos taking the sales/restaurant jobs but none of them are complaining about the Bangladesh construction workers as it seems that the Singaporeans don't want to do that job (ring any bells?).

The biggest difference here is that there's no social security/benefits in Singapore so people have to work to live, if we're going to do cut down on immigration in the UK to create more jobs then let's also crack down on benefits & force people who can work to work.

Yes

I can agree with the cutting of benefits. One of the best things the UK could do. Too many useless overweight slobs who haven't done a decent days work in their life living better than someone on a low paid 5/6 days a week job

Can't see anything about conscription there though it does mention a couple of times the unanimous agreement of the European Council.

http://www.lisbon-treaty.org/wcm/the-lisbon-treaty/treaty-on-european-union-and-comments/title-5-general-provisions-on-the-unions-external-action-and-specific-provisions/chapter-2-specific-provisions-on-the-common-foreign-and-security-policy/section-2-provisions-on-the-common-security-and-defence-policy/129-article-42.html

Point 7

7. If a Member State is the victim of armed aggression on its territory, the other Member States shall have towards it an obligation of aid and assistance by all the means in their power, in accordance with Article 51 of the United Nations Charter. This shall not prejudice the specific character of the security and defence policy of certain Member States.

cheesy.gif cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

​What a load of drivel.

Most of the countries are in NATO and what did they do when Russia wanted a piece of the Ukraine? Sh!te themselves, and carried out sanctions...well gee whiz....I bet Putin has never laughed so much. I can not see the EU Army doing any different because they Do Not have any backbone

You can go back to the 60s if you want, and see northern town textile workers, hard working skilled people, who wanted a living wage. Replaced by workers from Southern Asia who would work for less. It's happening again. My paternal grandmother was from capitalist mill owner stock.

Usual conspiracy rubbish and this time from the anti-NATO crowd.

You can go back to the 60s if you want, and see northern town textile workers, hard working skilled people, who wanted a living wage. Replaced by workers from Southern Asia who would work for less. It's happening again. My paternal grandmother was from capitalist mill owner stock.

I don't agree this was about money, it was about labour shortages in the textile and steel industries. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Pakistanis