New Brexit polls suggest shift in favour of leaving the EU

webfact

I quite liked this article on Brexit. It hasn't convinced me to change my mind about voting in but it was food for thought.

http://www.vox.com/2016/6/21/11974600/brexit-eu-euro-disaster

No intention of trying to sway you one way or another. Probably too late anyway.

You should read this by the same person from 2014.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/10935617/After-2020-all-EU-members-will-have-to-adopt-the-euro.html

It then might be a good idea to familiarise yourself with what is going to happen, starting in 2020 by voting to remain.

Yes a good article, along with the EU army and police force just to mention a few of the 'jolly boys club; that all countries in the EU will have to adopt. Pensions and benefits will also be linked together. Not hearsay the EU themselves say. Now with such great economies in Greece, Spain and Italy (sarcastic) just to mention a few and the other countries who will join, the banking elite will well and truly have everything wrapped up. Happy with that, vote remain.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite liked this article on Brexit. It hasn't convinced me to change my mind about voting in but it was food for thought.

No intention of trying to sway you one way or another. Probably too late anyway.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/10935617/After-2020-all-EU-members-will-have-to-adopt-the-euro.html

It then might be a good idea to familiarise yourself with what is going to happen, starting in 2020 by voting to remain.

It says pretty much the same thing and, though positive, I would be very surprised if the EU could pull it off even if the UK walked out.

To me the main, but not only issue, is the effect on trade over the medium/long term (5-10 years) which I believe would be significantly impacted should we leave.

As for what is happens in 2020, I am not entirely sure what is being alluded to since, although the year keeps being constantly brought up, it has always been couched in the terms of 'you had better find out' or 'good idea to familiarise yourself' rather than any substance to what is being referred to so a link would be helpful. Should the UK find itself in a position in the future which significantly changes our relationship with the EU, being forced to join the euro for example, then i would be very surprised if it would not be put to a referendum again where we would vote to leave. It is a very different kettle of fish for us to leave because of change being forced on us and would lead to a divorce by mutual understanding with a negotiated settlement rather than a bitter slugfest should we walk out.

Orac

This post troubles me.

I. and others have continually mentioned 2020 , only for it to be ignored, sidestepped and banished from discussion.

I will give you a started for 10. Check the ECB's website and what the 5 phase Monetary plan is. Phase 4 starts in 2020. This leaves the UK and I think Sweden outside the EZ. Phase 5 is join the EZ or leave the EU. Better to do it now rather than kick the can down the road a few years.

https://www.ecb.europa.eu/ecb/orga/capital/html/index.en.html

It is all interlinked with the info that you can find on the official EU website.

The info is readily available. People have to find it for themselves. The ever tightening grip of full and complete Monetary and Political integration is being avoided like the plague for obvious reasons.

A lot of it has already been covered by other posters, albiet in dribs and drabs.

The powers that be rely on people to either be too lazy or too stoopid to do a bit of research.

It says pretty much the same thing and, though positive, I would be very surprised if the EU could pull it off even if the UK walked out.

To me the main, but not only issue, is the effect on trade over the medium/long term (5-10 years) which I believe would be significantly impacted should we leave.

As for what is happens in 2020, I am not entirely sure what is being alluded to since, although the year keeps being constantly brought up, it has always been couched in the terms of 'you had better find out' or 'good idea to familiarise yourself' rather than any substance to what is being referred to so a link would be helpful. Should the UK find itself in a position in the future which significantly changes our relationship with the EU, being forced to join the euro for example, then i would be very surprised if it would not be put to a referendum again where we would vote to leave. It is a very different kettle of fish for us to leave because of change being forced on us and would lead to a divorce by mutual understanding with a negotiated settlement rather than a bitter slugfest should we walk out.

Orac

This post troubles me.

I. and others have continually mentioned 2020 , only for it to be ignored, sidestepped and banished from discussion.

I will give you a started for 10. Check the ECB's website and what the 5 phase Monetary plan is. Phase 4 starts in 2020. This leaves the UK and I think Sweden outside the EZ. Phase 5 is join the EZ or leave the EU. Better to do it now rather than kick the can down the road a few years.

It is all interlinked with the info that you can find on the official EU website.

The info is readily available. People have to find it for themselves. The ever tightening grip of full and complete Monetary and Political integration is being avoided like the plague for obvious reasons.

A lot of it has already been covered by other posters, albiet in dribs and drabs.

The powers that be rely on people to either be too lazy or too stoopid to do a bit of research.

Can you check that link - it doesn't appear relevant.

Our government(s) may not be the best that we could hope for but at least we can vote them out every 5 years or so if we disagree with what they are doing. You cannot vote out autocrats in Brussels whose dictatorship is backed by an E.U. judicial system that generally votes in their favour and can even override democracies.

Freedom for the U.K. and its people to vote who they want to lead them is a great reason to vote LEAVE.

Why do we have to listen to these unelected officials that we cannot vote out. WE the people did not ask them to rule over us and also lord it over us with their grand ideas that have little to do with what the general public want or desire.

Will it be an easy ride when we do LEAVE? No, I do not suppose it will be in the short term. But we have always been an independent sovereign nation that had had democracy at its heart for centuries and we have always done well before the E.U. and we can do so again in the longer term

FREEDOM !!!

Vote LEAVE and let the E.U. crumble as other countries follow our lead.

Freedom Jingoistic nonsense speeled by the.likes of opportunistic politicians like Boris Johnson who gives a.flying about nothing but boris and his career , . The only thing garunteed on leaving for the average person is a.garunteed recession which will mean job losses more expensive goods in the supermarket More expensive.travel and overall a recession that will be very difficult to get out.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Scare stories without any supporting facts. Regarding supermarket prices, well if you're referring to foods, I think you'll find in the event of Brexit. The U.K. would then be able to buy on the world market,without the imput of the Brusells autocrats, thus leading to a fall in the cost of many food items.

Fantasy, sheer fantasy. And I suppose the weakened value of Sterling would not cause prices to increase because the good fairy god mother would take of that!!!

Orac

This post troubles me.

Works for me. You might have to do a bit of digging around.

Regardless, If memory serves me correctly Andrew Lilico also highlighted this.

Orac

This post troubles me.

It just seems to refer to capitalisation for the ECB. I did have a look round their website and couldn't find anything specific.

You state that Stage 4 starts in 2020 but make no reference to what stage 4 actually is but move onto stage 5 where you state that we must join the euro but do not say when stage 5 has to be implemented by so this seems to make the 2020 claim a bit obsolete.

Should there be a smoking gun there somewhere on the ECB website confirming a requirement for the UK to join the euro by a certain date then i am all ears but to suggest i have to do my own digging to find it seems a bit odd for something so important.

Vote LEAVE

For the sake of the NHS. It is being overwhelmed by immigrants claiming free health care and getting away with it. Hospitals are struggling. People with H.I.V., cancer and other serious problems are getting free care none have paid in to get.

For the sake of the likes of British Steel where thousands of jobs have also been lost because of E.U. rules saying our government cannot help the steel industry, yet the likes of France ignore similar rules.

To regain the ability to rule ourselves with our own laws. Since we joined the Common Market in 1973, over 50% of our laws are dictated to us by Brussels.

Just a few reasons to LEAVE

Wrong about steel. British government stopped penalty tariffs against China dumping steel so as keep friendly with the Chinese.

NHS is buoyed both by EU workers paying taxes and EU employees. Our government is failing to invest. Was at a hospital in Amsterdam today. Beautiful. No queues. UK hospitals are often shabby.

WRONG about UK laws. 13% originated in EU according to parliamentary library

Try and get some facts right?

BTW are you C2, D, or E?

All those pensioners in Spain will lose their healthcare and maybe even their right to a pension overseas

NOT UK folks problem......

Typical dumb comment. You want 1M pensioners returning to UK? How much stress would that put on the NHS?

1 Million pensioners in (if that is the case) and 4 million plus Migrants out. that's a good deal I reckon. at least the 1 million pensioners paid into it all their lives which the immigrants have not.

Idiotic and nasty

1 Million pensioners in (if that is the case) and 4 million plus Migrants out. that's a good deal I reckon. at least the 1 million pensioners paid into it all their lives which the immigrants have not.
4 million migrants out is probably the dumbest comment in the whole of this thread. Your racism and lgnorance on how the British economy is dependent on the immigrant workforce is truly scary.

'' lgnorance on how the British economy is dependent on the immigrant workforce is truly scary. ''

I do not know how many times this has to be pointed out to you.

attachicon.gifarticle-2215070-156C345A000005DC-652_634x228.jpg

Low paid migrants are a drain on the UK economy.

Today, in the UK, anyone who earns less than £ 28,000 is a drain on the UK. Thanks to the madness that is called Welfare.

You really have to take a step back, look at the history of immigration in the UK. If you were to kick out 4 million migrants out of the country right now and substitute them by 1 million pensioners as Laughing Gravy mentions the economy would simply collapse, The NHS would have such a shortage of workers it would go into meltdown.

Not if people are allowed to stay on an Aussie style points basis.

Orac

This post troubles me.

It just seems to refer to capitalisation for the ECB. I did have a look round their website and couldn't find anything specific.

You state that Stage 4 starts in 2020 but make no reference to what stage 4 actually is but move onto stage 5 where you state that we must join the euro but do not say when stage 5 has to be implemented by so this seems to make the 2020 claim a bit obsolete.

Should there be a smoking gun there somewhere on the ECB website confirming a requirement for the UK to join the euro by a certain date then i am all ears but to suggest i have to do my own digging to find it seems a bit odd for something so important.

Orac.

I have told you what phase 4 is. All members with the exception of the UK and I think Sweden will join the euro. This begins in 2020.

Phase 5 is is all EU countries enveloped within the euro.

This only pertains to ECB Policy. You can find it on the ECB website,

Too much research and too little time.

It will take you months to research. Here is a link to the 2 phase EMU. This is the EU's version.

http://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/euro/emu/index_en.htm

Orac

This post troubles me.

Orac.

I have told you what phase 4 is. All members with the exception of the UK and I think Sweden will join the euro. This begins in 2020.

Phase 5 is is all EU countries enveloped within the euro.

This only pertains to ECB Policy. You can find it on the ECB website,

Too much research and too little time.

It will take you months to research. Here is a link to the 2 phase EMU. This is the EU's version.

http://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/euro/emu/index_en.htm

The EU version does not specifically state a requirement for the UK to join the euro or identify a treaty that covers it. It also runs to 2025 and not 2020.

I am sorry but using the excuse of 'too little time' to back up what is a major claim is not a reasonable response particularly since you have made it clear this information that you allude to is on the ECB website -if you say I can find it there then what is stopping you from posting a link.

Edited by Orac

The EU version does not specifically state a requirement for the UK to join the euro or identify a treaty that covers it. It also runs to 2025 and not 2020.

I am sorry but using the excuse of 'too little time' to back up what is a major claim is not a reasonable response particularly since you have made it clear this information that you allude to is on the ECB website.

I meant that you would not have enough time to research considering the referendum is tomorrow. I have been watching and reading this for years.

Correct, the EU one runs to 2025. Phase 4 of the ECB starts in 2020.

I am only providing points of reference, what you do with them is up 2 you.

I am sorry but using the excuse of 'too little time' to back up what is a major claim is not a reasonable response particularly since you have made it clear this information that you allude to is on the ECB website.

I meant that you would not have enough time to research considering the referendum is tomorrow. I have been watching and reading this for years.

But you aren't providing a point of reference, you are making a claim that you cannot substantiate - something that should be very straightforward to do as you are claiming it is stated on the ECB website.

But you aren't providing a point of reference, you are making a claim that you cannot substantiate - something that should be very straightforward to do as you are claiming it is stated on the ECB website.

Orac

You will find it on the ECB and the EU websites. You will not find it in 30 minutes and I have certainly no intention of trawling through those websites to find it for you.

You do not have to believe me, Andrew Lilico. From previous link.

Recent events have made the British political commentariat more aware than before of just how committed European political leaders are to delivering political union in a Single European State.

It should now be clear that this is not the unlikely ambition of a few starry-eyed visionaries. It is the stated official goal of the Italian Prime Minister, the French President, the German Chancellor, the current and next Presidents of the European Commission, the President of the European Council, and just about every significant mainstream political figure in the Eurozone.

The info is there, <snip>

Edited by Jai Dee
flame comment removed

According to the rag AKA the Sun

THE Queen asked VIP guests at a private dinner: “Give me three good reasons why Britain should be part of Europe.”

Royal biographer Robert Lacey revealed she asked close friends and family their views on whether we should be in or out of the EU.

Probably garbage but it does raise an interesting question.

Can any remainiacs give 3 good reasons for staying in the EU. The caveat being that a negative cannot be used as a positive.

Yes they can, and if you don't know by now it reflects rather poorly on how well you have informed yourself on the topic...especially as you seem to be a particularly vociferous font of Brexit nonsense - but then that would explain it, wouldn't it?

Orac

You will find it on the ECB and the EU websites. You will not find it in 30 minutes and I have certainly no intention of trawling through those websites to find it for you.

You do not have to believe me, Andrew Lilico. From previous link.

Recent events have made the British political commentariat more aware than before of just how committed European political leaders are to delivering political union in a Single European State.

It should now be clear that this is not the unlikely ambition of a few starry-eyed visionaries. It is the stated official goal of the Italian Prime Minister, the French President, the German Chancellor, the current and next Presidents of the European Commission, the President of the European Council, and just about every significant mainstream political figure in the Eurozone.

The info is there, if you can be @rsed looking.

I have looked on the ECB site - can't find anything.

Our government(s) may not be the best that we could hope for but at least we can vote them out every 5 years or so if we disagree with what they are doing. You cannot vote out autocrats in Brussels whose dictatorship is backed by an E.U. judicial system that generally votes in their favour and can even override democracies.

Freedom for the U.K. and its people to vote who they want to lead them is a great reason to vote LEAVE.

Why do we have to listen to these unelected officials that we cannot vote out. WE the people did not ask them to rule over us and also lord it over us with their grand ideas that have little to do with what the general public want or desire.

Will it be an easy ride when we do LEAVE? No, I do not suppose it will be in the short term. But we have always been an independent sovereign nation that had had democracy at its heart for centuries and we have always done well before the E.U. and we can do so again in the longer term

FREEDOM !!!

Vote LEAVE and let the E.U. crumble as other countries follow our lead.

Freedom Jingoistic nonsense speeled by the.likes of opportunistic politicians like Boris Johnson who gives a.flying about nothing but boris and his career , . The only thing garunteed on leaving for the average person is a.garunteed recession which will mean job losses more expensive goods in the supermarket More expensive.travel and overall a recession that will be very difficult to get out.

Scare stories without any supporting facts. Regarding supermarket prices, well if you're referring to foods, I think you'll find in the event of Brexit. The U.K. would then be able to buy on the world market,without the imput of the Brusells autocrats, thus leading to a fall in the cost of many food items.

Fantasy, sheer fantasy. And I suppose the weakened value of Sterling would not cause prices to increase because the good fairy god mother would take of that!!!

I think good negotiating skills by British importers offering the incentive of a large and previously untapped market to suppliers who until Brexit

did not have a foot in the door, would resolve any issue (if there was one) of a depreciated sterling rate of exchange - and then some! We need

to think outside of the box, a little bit, and not trot out the same refrain all the time.

I think good negotiating skills by British importers offering the incentive of a large and previously untapped market to suppliers who until Brexit

did not have a foot in the door, would resolve any issue (if there was one) of a depreciated sterling rate of exchange - and then some! We need

to think outside of the box, a little bit, and not trot out the same refrain all the time.

Most of the BREXIT guys here couldn't think inside, outside or on top of any box. They might however, live in one. They talk as if they do: 'I think this....I think that....'

Edited by SheungWan

I don't know how it is on your planet but on ours we have a very large deficit and an even larger amount of debt, all of which needs financing, interest on that debt is currently around 46 Billion Pounds per year (far more than EU membership). So as we have been told repeatedly by assorted economists, bankers statesmen past and present, leaders of industry and anyone else that understand these things, financing is going to be in short supply come Brexit time and the value of the Pound will fall, interest rates will rise and the cost of imported goods will rise, that's rise as in the opposite of fall. So yes, good negotiating skills and thinking outside the box are all good stuff but it's not going to be easy to do those things whilst the consumer/tax payer is getting hammered, no matter how much you would like to sweep those things under the carpet.

UK will vote to stay in Europe, britts are chicken. they need a big daddy in Bruxelles to decide for them.

they have been brainwashed by "the £ will go down, house market will collapse, bad things will happeno to the economy, etc..."

I say it's all bullock.

vote leave and show them your finger up.

Edited by returnofthailand

"A letter signed by 1,280 UK business leaders from 51 FTSE 100 companies has been published, backing the campaign to keep the UK in the EU. Remain campaigners have said that the letter, which was published in the Times, shows "unprecedented" support from across business and finance. Collectively, the companies on the list employ 1.75 million people".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-live-latest-poll-news-brexit-results-leave-remain-when-date-vote-odds-uk-britain-a7094741.html

David Cameron Nov 2015

If we were outside the EU altogether, we'd still be trading with all these countries.....
Sometimes theres a lot of scaremongering on all sides of this debate.
Of course the trading would still go on.

post-249588-0-85873400-1466590654_thumb.

David Cameron Nov 2015

If we were outside the EU altogether, we'd still be trading with all these countries.....

Sometimes theres a lot of scaremongering on all sides of this debate.

Of course the trading would still go on.

attachicon.gifcameronbrexit.jpeg

He was sent the cheque since then.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Of course it could survive but at what cost and for how long would it be before we got back to the today position, five years, ten years, twenty years.

No-one knows.

But I would rather take my chances in a big wide world of potentially 7.5 Billion customers than be hog tied to a Union with potentially 500 Million customers, purely on the basis of trade.

We wont mention the hidden costs of EU membership, they must be kept under the carpet at all costs.

UK will vote to stay in Europe, britts are chicken. they need a big daddy in Bruxelles to decide for them.

they have been brainwashed by "the £ will go down, house market will collapse, bad things will happeno to the economy, etc..."

I say it's all bullock.

vote leave and show them your finger up.

Sandra Bullock?

post-193944-0-41365000-1466591164_thumb.

Of course it could survive but at what cost and for how long would it be before we got back to the today position, five years, ten years, twenty years.

No-one knows.

But I would rather take my chances in a big wide world of potentially 7.5 Billion customers than be hog tied to a Union with potentially 500 Million customers, purely on the basis of trade.

We wont mention the hidden costs of EU membership, they must be kept under the carpet at all costs.

*remark edited out*

Latest odds Remain 5/19, Leave 3/1.

Edited by Scott