New Brexit polls suggest shift in favour of leaving the EU

webfact

Breaking News........

I can't find this on the BBC site but I am not doubting you. I am unsure if this can be done legally but would be another attempt by the remain, to ensure they can win. If it is true then shameful and just shows that the remain are very, very worried. Lets see. They have already extended the deadline for voting. The term democracy is becoming more and more at risk of its true meaning.

You wont find it.

It is as much crap as his NATO post.

Just to clarify.

Exclusive: Nato chief says UK staying in the EU is key to fighting terrorism

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/22/nato-chief-says-uk-staying-in-the-eu-is-key-to-fighting-terrorism

NATO does not deal with terrorism full stop.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course it could survive but at what cost and for how long would it be before we got back to the today position, five years, ten years, twenty years.

Does it matter. We have been in the EU for over 40 years. It hasn't worked and been worth it. Have some British faith and guts We will be OK. We have our own people who can do things. We can decide things for ourselves. I do wonder where the British backbone has gone from some people.

You mention the British backbone,well we will find out today. Although I do believe one of the remain supporters on this thread,has now returned to the UK with suitcases full of white flags.

post-78707-0-83196800-1466647809_thumb.j

Turkey starts negotiations to join the EU on June the 30th

What comes over very strongly in this interview, is how those who are willing to surrender our remaining soverenty to this corrupt so called Union, are again ( 1973) deceiving and downright lying to the British people.

Yet on this thread we have people ( O.K so many of them are not British ) who are prepared to accept this. How will they think when Turkey does gain admission,and all that entails,possibly within 5yrs,and not 1000 years as suggested by Cameron.

If you are not worried about how the EU is now, you will be when the EU non elected Bureacrats unveil their future plans.

attachicon.gifimage.png

Additional link to the full story

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-22/surprise-twist-eu-will-resume-turkey-eu-membership-talks-just-days-after-brexit-refe

Not forgetting the financial report of Spain and Italy and the report on the EU Army that have also been held back until after the referendum.

It is now apparent that at the bookmakers

Remain votes have been high value bets of low numbers.

Leave bets have been low value bets of high numbers.

Leicester City 5000 / 1

Start sweating remainers.

LOL So this nutter tin pot loony may just have been talking some truth biggrin.png . Thanks SgtRock.

One big difference in this referendum than that in the early 1970s. They can't stop information with the internet and social media. back then we were sold a lie but only had the BBC and newspapers saying the same message from the establishment. It is now so different and people can make informed choices.

In fact the EU has been sticking the boot in too, by giving companies grants to move production out of the UK into other countries.

Was Ford Transit one of them?

From what I have read Ford had an EU grant to move production to Turkey, not sure how that one works out as Turkey isn't an EU member yet.

Ford got a loan, not a grant. and that not to "move" but to increase Ford's Turkey production.

So what you're stating is that the EU gave a loan with our money to a non E.U. country,in order for Ford to increase production in this non EU country.

O.K. I understand the Bureacrats in Brussels are thinking ahead.

Leicester City 5000 / 1

LOL So this nutter tin pot loony may just have been talking some truth biggrin.png . Thanks SgtRock.

One big difference in this referendum than that in the early 1970s. They can't stop information with the internet and social media. back then we were sold a lie but only had the BBC and newspapers saying the same message from the establishment. It is now so different and people can make informed choices.

Lol... To be clear LG, I wasn't calling you a tinfoiledhatloony, I was calling the guy who posted the comment.

Even if for one second it was remotely true that the government's men-in-black were threatening the bookies with higher taxation (bear in mind an Exit vote will see this government out & a "Leave Friendly" government in it's place so is in no place to see the threat through), there is no way that information wouldn't be contained to the top Execs of the firm or be leaked via a comment on a blog.

It is logical (common sense) that Bookies odds are swayed by the total amount being bet, but even if 2/3rds of bets are for Leave, what percentage of the eligible voters have placed a bet & who in their right minds (who doesn't have a load of money) bets at 3-1 on?

Vote LEAVE

For the sake of the NHS. It is being overwhelmed by immigrants claiming free health care and getting away with it. Hospitals are struggling. People with H.I.V., cancer and other serious problems are getting free care none have paid in to get.

For the sake of the likes of British Steel where thousands of jobs have also been lost because of E.U. rules saying our government cannot help the steel industry, yet the likes of France ignore similar rules.

To regain the ability to rule ourselves with our own laws. Since we joined the Common Market in 1973, over 50% of our laws are dictated to us by Brussels.

Just a few reasons to LEAVE

Wrong about steel. British government stopped penalty tariffs against China dumping steel so as keep friendly with the Chinese.

NHS is buoyed both by EU workers paying taxes and EU employees. Our government is failing to invest. Was at a hospital in Amsterdam today. Beautiful. No queues. UK hospitals are often shabby.

WRONG about UK laws. 13% originated in EU according to parliamentary library

Try and get some facts right?

BTW are you C2, D, or E?

Strange then, that those in the NHS complain of too many foreign people being treated for nothing.

also...

The House of Commons Library has warned that "there is no totally accurate, rational or useful way of calculating the percentage of national laws based on or influenced by the EU."

In agriculture, fisheries, external trade, and the environment, its fair to say that EU legislation and policy is indeed the main driver of UK law and policy, although the UK retains some freedom of action in these areas.

link....

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-law-what-proportion-influenced-eu/

The latest figure has been calculated by the campaign group Business for Britain, which says that 64.7% of UK law is influenced by the EU. It offers this as the "definitive" calculation, but also cautions that "any attempt to make sense of the numbers is highly subjective".

link...

https://fullfact.org/europe/two-thirds-uk-law-made-eu/

You are right with the 64%. Even Switzerland and Norway have 60-80% of EU rights in their national laws

"Strange then, that those in the NHS complain of too many foreign people being treated for nothing." - absolute tripe - where on earth did you get that idea about the NHS - you obviously have no idea of the culture and work ethics there.....they would be u7tterly insulted by that facile comment.

"The House of Commons Library has warned that "there is no totally accurate, rational or useful way of calculating the percentage of national laws based on or influenced by the EU." - interesting source but it does suggest any claims you make are irrational

::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::

In the event of a remain vote,there is very strong chance that in a few years,there will be no NHS thanks to TTIP.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/ttip-campaigners-hit-back-at-cameron-claims-that-the-nhs-is-protected-under-trade-deal-terms-a7017276.html

Leicester City 5000 / 1

I find it disturbing, yet predictable that you seem to equate this issue with some kind of sports event - a football match or horse race - if the Brexit win and the government decides to accept the result, then it could prove to be one of the most significant events in British history since the loss of the American colonies.

It does seem that time and again Brexiteers are basing their decisions on immediate events rather than taking a broad view perspective of the whole situation

Some of the companies Britain has lost or is about to lose:

• Cadbury > Poland with EU grant:
  • Ford Transit > Turkey with EU grant:
  • Jaguar Land Rover > Slovakia with EU grant:
  • Peugeot (Ryton) > Slovakia with EU grant:
  • Crown Closures (Metal Box) > Poland with EU grant:
  • M&S manufacturing > Far East with EU loan:
  • All toy and model makers including Hornby plus all their patents removed from UK courtesy of EU grants:
  • Gillette > Eastern Europe with EU grant:
  • Sekisui Alveo from Wales > Netherlands with EU funding:
  • Hoover (Merthyr) > Czech Republic & Far East with EU backing:
  • ICI/AkzoNobel > merged with EU loan then closed factories in UK:
  • Boots purchased with EU loan by Italian Stefano Passina then sold on to Americans:
  • JDS Uniphase (Dutch) bought UK companies with £20 million EU ‘regeneration’ grants & created pollution nightmare, closed all of it down raiding pension fund:
  • UK airports > Spanish owned:
  • Scottish Power > Spanish owned:
  • London buses > Spanish & German owned:
  • EDF > French:
  • British Rail Locomotives (Swindon) > Bombadier with EU grants which were diverted to their aviation operation in Canada:
  • The British Army’s Ajax fighting vehicles will be built in Spain using Swedish steel

The EU. Destroying Britain piece by piece.

Leicester City 5000 / 1

I find it disturbing, yet predictable that you seem to equate this issue with some kind of sports event - a football match or horse race - if the Brexit win and the government decides to accept the result, then it could prove to be one of the most significant events in British history since the loss of the American colonies.

It does seem that time and again Brexiteers are basing their decisions on immediate events rather than taking a broad view perspective of the whole situation

And I find it disturbing that your reading comprehension skills are non existent.

Although I will agree with you. A monumental event is about to occur. It is called Brexit and being free of the shackles of the EU.

68 pages in and you suddenly join the discussion. Who is your alter ego whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Be interesting to follow the local results to see if the results come about as predicted or whether there are any early shocks that point to the overall result going one way or another...

EU referendum night: when will the result be known?

https://next.ft.com/content/35f15744-37cd-11e6-9a05-82a9b15a8ee7#axzz4CJXLRqxR?ftcamp=traffic/partner/brexit/dianomi/row/auddev

Quite frankly if you disagree with this man you really need a humanity check. Over the years he has proved to be one of the country's greatest rational thhinkers

I will use my own brain to think about who to vote for, not hand over that responsibility to a wildlife film maker.

Breaking News........

I can't find this on the BBC site but I am not doubting you. I am unsure if this can be done legally but would be another attempt by the remain, to ensure they can win. If it is true then shameful and just shows that the remain are very, very worried. Lets see. They have already extended the deadline for voting. The term democracy is becoming more and more at risk of its true meaning.

You wont find it.

It is as much crap as his NATO post.

Just to clarify.

Exclusive: Nato chief says UK staying in the EU is key to fighting terrorism

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/22/nato-chief-says-uk-staying-in-the-eu-is-key-to-fighting-terrorism

NATO does not deal with terrorism full stop.

Exactly, Histavia is just lying. Best to ignore his posts.

Vote LEAVE

For the sake of the NHS. It is being overwhelmed by immigrants claiming free health care and getting away with it. Hospitals are struggling. People with H.I.V., cancer and other serious problems are getting free care none have paid in to get.

For the sake of the likes of British Steel where thousands of jobs have also been lost because of E.U. rules saying our government cannot help the steel industry, yet the likes of France ignore similar rules.

To regain the ability to rule ourselves with our own laws. Since we joined the Common Market in 1973, over 50% of our laws are dictated to us by Brussels.

Just a few reasons to LEAVE

Wrong about steel. British government stopped penalty tariffs against China dumping steel so as keep friendly with the Chinese.

NHS is buoyed both by EU workers paying taxes and EU employees. Our government is failing to invest. Was at a hospital in Amsterdam today. Beautiful. No queues. UK hospitals are often shabby.

WRONG about UK laws. 13% originated in EU according to parliamentary library

Try and get some facts right

BTW are you C2, D, or E?

Strange then, that those in the NHS complain of too many foreign people being treated for nothing.

also...

The House of Commons Library has warned that "there is no totally accurate, rational or useful way of calculating the percentage of national laws based on or influenced by the EU."

In agriculture, fisheries, external trade, and the environment, its fair to say that EU legislation and policy is indeed the main driver of UK law and policy, although the UK retains some freedom of action in these areas.

link....

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-law-what-proportion-influenced-eu/

The latest figure has been calculated by the campaign group Business for Britain, which says that 64.7% of UK law is influenced by the EU. It offers this as the "definitive" calculation, but also cautions that "any attempt to make sense of the numbers is highly subjective".

link...

https://fullfact.org/europe/two-thirds-uk-law-made-eu/

You are right with the 64%. Even Switzerland and Norway have 60-80% of EU rights in their national laws

"Strange then, that those in the NHS complain of too many foreign people being treated for nothing." - absolute tripe - where on earth did you get that idea about the NHS - you obviously have no idea of the culture and work ethics there.....they would be u7tterly insulted by that facile comment.

"The House of Commons Library has warned that "there is no totally accurate, rational or useful way of calculating the percentage of national laws based on or influenced by the EU." - interesting source but it does suggest any claims you make are irrational

::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::

In the event of a remain vote,there is very strong chance that in a few years,there will be no NHS thanks to TTIP.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/ttip-campaigners-hit-back-at-cameron-claims-that-the-nhs-is-protected-under-trade-deal-terms-a7017276.html

What this TTIP

"There is absolutely nothing not to like about the TTIP. As Churchill might have said, it is altogether un-sordid. And yet virtually the only commentary we have been offered is absurdly hostile and misinformed. The debate is dominated by Left-wing misery-guts anti-globalisation campaigners."

And

"If we get the TTIP agreed, it will certainly not mean the privatisation of the NHS."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11173369/This-trade-deal-with-America-would-have-Churchill-beaming.html

What this TTIP

"There is absolutely nothing not to like about the TTIP. As Churchill might have said, it is altogether un-sordid. And yet virtually the only commentary we have been offered is absurdly hostile and misinformed. The debate is dominated by Left-wing misery-guts anti-globalisation campaigners."

And

"If we get the TTIP agreed, it will certainly not mean the privatisation of the NHS."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11173369/This-trade-deal-with-America-would-have-Churchill-beaming.html

This is a fantastic post Orac because it absolutely destroys this left - right wing vitriol that gets thrown about.

I am anti - EU so I am a right winger.

I am anti - TTIP based on what I have read so far, so that makes me a left winger.

The supposedly better educated know better and I simply cannot be ME.

What this TTIP

And

This is a fantastic post Orac because it absolutely destroys this left - right wing vitriol that gets thrown about.

I am anti - TTIP based on what I have read so far, so that makes me a left winger.

Sorry, it only makes you a gullible fool for believing anything that Boris Johnson says.

"There is absolutely nothing not to like about the TTIP" - a ridiculous comment by the Telegraph writer, as of course there are things to dislike!

It was an opinion piece by Boris Johnson if you check the link out.

What this TTIP

And

I think your posts don't make you either - they do make you look something though....

"There is absolutely nothing not to like about the TTIP" - a ridiculous comment by the Telegraph writer, as of course there are things to dislike!

You do know that the Telegraph writer was Boris Johnson that was his view before he started his campaign to become PM
Boris Johnson has dismissed critics of a controversial US-EU trade deal as “numskulls” and “left-wing misery guts globalisation campaigners”.
The London Mayor used his Telegraph column this week to deride the “panic” and “fears” surrounding the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP), which has garnered controversy as critics say it would herald the “irreversible privatisation” of the NHS.
“There is absolutely nothing not to like about the TTIP. As [Winston] Churchill might have said, it is altogether un-sordid,” wrote Johnson, who has recently written a biography of the wartime leader. “And yet virtually the only commentary we have been offered is absurdly hostile and misinformed.”

It was an opinion piece by Boris Johnson if you check the link out.

Fair enough (and my fault for not reading the link). Another reason not to pay any attention to Boris edit - and hope to god that he never becomes PM!

What this TTIP

And

Sorry, it only makes you a gullible fool for believing anything that Boris Johnson says.

A post like this Orac makes you the fool.

Whatever makes you think that I believe a word that Boris Johnson says ?

The man is a buffoon. There is not 1 current British Politician that I would P!ss on if they were on fire.

Why are some 'remain' posters so insulting about those who have a different opinion???

I don't understand it as putting forward one's views shouldn't rely on insults against those with a different point of view.

+1

I too have noticed that too, not only on Thaivisa but on youtube and various online news comments sections.

I am for 'Leave', but if someone is a 'Remainer' then I will think they are misguided but will respect their view.

Resorting to school yard style name calling makes me believe that many people are voting with emotion rather than logic.

What this TTIP

And

A post like this Orac makes you the fool.

Whatever makes you think that I believe a word that Boris Johnson says ?

The man is a buffoon. There is not 1 current British Politician that I would P!ss on if they were on fire.

Fair enough, maybe your more a Nigel man and just picked the wrong XTC song for your nickname.

The point of the matter is that the claim that the EU is going to take away the NHS belongs in the same dustbin as your claim that the UK will be forced to join the euro in 2020 as just made up scare fantasies.

Everyone is obviously passionate about this vote and whichever side you are on this is historical event and whichever way it goes, people are going to be unhappy. I hope I am wrong but I can't see the powers to be letting the UK get out. They can do many things and murdering one of their own is something I would not put past them.

Just remember when GW Bush Junior first went for the USA presidency the voting was rigged. I will not be surprised if this isn't either.

Archived