New Brexit polls suggest shift in favour of leaving the EU

webfact

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In UK I have a vote just like every other citizen and Irish, Cypriots, Gibraltarians and of course anyone from the Commonwealth resident in UK (that's 54 states)

.....but in Thailand i'm the same as everyone else - including Thai citizens...I have no vote.

There are lots of Plastic Brits who can Vote,so I recon they will sway the Vote to stay.Old Brits want regulate aliens just as Thailand sensibly does.

Unlike many farangs here in Thailand, I do accept that I am a second class resident. What I will never accept,is the knowledge that I am a second class citizen of the U.K.

You're probably used to it by now, sitting at the back of the plane.

There are lots of Plastic Brits who can Vote,so I recon they will sway the Vote to stay.Old Brits want regulate aliens just as Thailand sensibly does.

Have you voted yet/are you going to vote?

Unlike many farangs here in Thailand, I do accept that I am a second class resident. What I will never accept,is the knowledge that I am a second class citizen of the U.K.

Is that really how you just the merit of a person, whether he turns right or left when he enters a plane?

Watching London Stock Market these past few days has been instructive.

The turmoil around the referendum was predicted and discussed from the moment the referendum was announced, but the timing of some trades this past week was impeccable.

Single trades into banks and financial businesses, each of tens of millions throughout Thursday and Friday, while thousands of small investors where selling their individual trades of a few thousand pounds in the same companies.

Yesterday afternoon was payback time, once again the big trades each of tens of millions selling out on the ten or more percent made over a few days.

The money men playing the referendum like a fiddle while Brexit rant and rave about a couple of dozen EU commissioners, an accountability they don't understands portrayed as an accountability that doesn't exist.

Its that game of cups again and someone is not watching where the bean really is.

qui bono?

Edited by GuestHouse

Funnily enough you find me in business class on Eva Air drinking Veuve Cliquot on my way to vote remain! Ha!

Im Portuguese, but lived in England for 20 years in the mid 60s. My Country i much doubt will be given a Vote cause the Leaders are Rich Scroungers who abuse the IMF for one thing. so it benefits them.We dont do handouts of our own peoples money so we dont have immigrants leaching much thank Nature.I just think the Out Votors just want to stop giving England to beggars more than a trade consideration.. Tricky one but if id Fought i the 2WW against Hitler id have a different view to a 30Y.O. Brit Lefty, who no doubt wants in.

Here is a summary of the economic state of Italy. And this is still nothing compared to the exposure held by just one German bank (Deutsche bank) at $200 trillion. there isn't even enough money in one country on earth to save this too big to fail monstrosity

This is what the UK will be signing up to if they choose remain. They are just banking on the naive taxpayers of 28 EU countries to take the fall bah.gif

why Italy's economy is about to collapse

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/why-italy-s-economy-is-about-to-collapse-a7091221.html

Edited by Asiantravel

Im Portuguese, but lived in England for 20 years in the mid 60s. My Country i much doubt will be given a Vote cause the Leaders are Rich Scroungers who abuse the IMF for one thing. so it benefits them.We dont do handouts of our own peoples money so we dont have immigrants leaching much thank Nature.I just think the Out Votors just want to stop giving England to beggars more than a trade consideration.. Tricky one but if id Fought i the 2WW against Hitler id have a different view to a 30Y.O. Brit Lefty, who no doubt wants in.

Not sure how 'lefty' came into this debate - especially as you agree that in Portugal those that want to stay are the rich leaders? Or perhaps you think they are 'lefties'?

Here is a summary of the economic state of Italy. And this is still nothing compared to the exposure held by just one German bank (Deutsche bank) at $200 trillion. there isn't even enough money in one country on earth to save this too big to fail monstrosity

This is what the UK will be signing up to if they choose remain. They are just banking on the naive taxpayers of 28 EU countries to take the fall bah.gif

why Italy's economy is about to collapse

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/why-italy-s-economy-is-about-to-collapse-a7091221.html

Impossible to make a separate comment (I even tried leaving google chrome and going back in), so apologies - this post will be in Asiantravel's post.

Good post Asiantravel, it reminds me of Greece.

Edited by dick dasterdly

Are there no Remainians that find this just a bit uncomfortable ?

attachicon.gifJuncker.jpg

Context is everything - the full quote is

"The president of the European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker said "there can be no democratic choice against the European treaties. One cannot exit the euro without leaving the EU"."

Basically saying that Greece couldn't unilaterally vote to ignore parts of a treaty it had signed up to without rejecting or renegotiating the whole treaty.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31082656

Is that really how you just the merit of a person, whether he turns right or left when he enters a plane?

No worries. The BREXIT plane will be grounded on Thursday.

"The president of the European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker said "there can be no democratic choice against the European treaties. One cannot exit the euro without leaving the EU"."

Basically saying that Greece couldn't unilaterally vote to ignore parts of a treaty it had signed up to without rejecting or renegotiating the whole treaty.

Greece should never have been signed up in the first place, and I think Italy and a few other countries are going down the same path.

Funnily enough, I seem to recall that Britain didn't meet the financial requirements either! I could be wrong about this, as I'm relying on memory.

Jip seems comfortable with peddling incomplete quotes (half truths).

It must be nice to believe that you are so superior to everyone else - based on your wealth.

Not sure how 'lefty' came into this debate - especially as you agree that in Portugal those that want to stay are the rich leaders? Or perhaps you think they are 'lefties'?

No they Gobsmiths who got are rich like Blair n Kinnock, not like for example Joe Bamford who built JCB from nothing, and made someting the World wants to buy.. Political Geldoffs if you like. Suppose id be a leftish conservative in England, i love Money Earned not state donations Port n Lemons done want to be in now by the way

It must be nice to believe that you are so superior to everyone else - based on your wealth.

In the case of Sheung Wan it’s just an illusion of grandeur. Bill Gates continued to fly economy until 1997 at which point his net worth was $36 billion

Not superior re wedge. Just getting ready for the REMAIN fly-by on Friday.

That is not news. With the bookies back at 4/1 ON where they started, it was always a foregone conclusion.

However, let's speculate for a moment that the vote splits 55/45; Cameron is not going to sit comfortably knowing that 45% of the electorate did not follow him and many in his own group found him unconvincing.

In 1975 over two-thirds voted in favour of the EEC. I don't think it will come close to that this time.

In the case of Sheung Wan it’s just an illusion of grandeur. Bill Gates continued to fly economy until 1997 at which point his net worth was $36 billion

I'm more of a Samsung type of guy.

That is not news. With the bookies back at 4/1 ON where they started, it was always a foregone conclusion.

However, let's speculate for a moment that the vote splits 55/45; Cameron is not going to sit comfortably knowing that 45% of the electorate did not follow him and many in his own group found him unconvincing.

In 1975 over two-thirds voted in favour of the EEC. I don't think it will come close to that this time.

Let's just first focus on the fat lady singing. You are, however, free to worry afterwards about Cameron's abject failure in winning two General Elections and one major Referendum.

I read there is now a 19 point lead for BREXIT.

I seriously doubt the truth of any poll, but hope deep down in my heart that it is such a huge lead. If it is and we really do vote OUT there will be dancing and partying in the streets.

well, it's dancing into the Doom's day. Tears and mourning comes later

If Brexit do win,it will be a day of rejoicing, how those who are so anti-British such as yourself react,I could't give a fart.

Well, I'm a convinced and enthusiastic European. But I don't like your offending quote.

If Brexit do win,it will be a day of rejoicing, how those who are so anti-British such as yourself react,I could't give a fart.
Well, I'm a convinced and enthusiastic European. But I don't like your offending quote.

Living in Thailand

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif