Seems Google are back in town?

dabhand

I stay near the top of Khao Noi and happened to see a car with a camera on top coming down my little lane. We weren't included on the previous update, although other villages were, as I believe our security kept them out (unusual, as he is normally sleeping!!). So looks like we will be on the next update.

Presumably they are updating their pictures of other parts of Pattaya, if not the whole town.

It's time.

Most material is from 2012.

With the rapid changes in Pattaya often obsolete.

Usually the Google cars are very striking.

Did it look like this?:

30164297-01.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

No, not multi coloured, as in the photos, but with similar looking photo equipment on top. It was hatchback car with logo on the side but couldn't make out the name. Don't think Google name was included in he logo, but could be wrong.

Yes, as you say, the current photos are quite old and were needing to be updated, particularly up my way - and most areas of the Darkside.

..I tried to find my home..found the power pole from the first fly-past..then lo and behold this year the update in our area was done between November and February...reassuring to see...I was only 1km out before!

German.

"Birma" is a variant of "Burma".

As we learned the Burmese are just the majority group.

So they have renamed it to Myanmar.

I didn't think about it, have overlooked it.

But only basic geography knowledge needed to "remap" tongue.png

"Kambodscha" comes a bit closer to the native name (~ Kampuchea) than Cambodia.

Edited by KhunBENQ

They even came into my bar and put a nice sticker on the wall confirming our business was on Google.

Did you let them film the rooms? Those inside views of airports and shopping centers are pretty cool [emoji4]

Don't know. I was not there at the time. My staff told me google had been to confirm our details and give us sticker.