Thai housewives fall for garland Facebook scam

webfact

Thai housewives fall for garland Facebook scam

s11.jpg
Image: tnamcot

BANGKOK: -- Thousands of housewives trying to make some extra cash to make ends meet have been duped in a 5 million baht Facebook scam.

The scam involves paying a deposit to get equipment to make decorative garlands reported tnamcot. When the garlands were completed they had to be sent back through the post and the makers would get money.

After completing seven sets of garlands they were supposed to get their deposit back and start making profits.

But the money was not paid and the deposits were taken. And the woman - named as Chatchaya Cheuamonkol, 36 - took down her Facebook paid and disappeared from her house in Samut Prakarn. One woman even went to find her but instead saw people taking the garlands apart before resending them out to dupe the next lot of housewives.

Claimants who said they had been conned have called for action and registered their grievances with authorities involved in economic crime. Some 3,400 people are said to have been tricked out of 5 million baht in the scam based on a Facebook page called 'use your skills at home".

Source: tnamcot

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-03

Again another scam, remember the saying if it sounds to good to be true it usually is.

So many people fall for these scams.

Every village/town/city have people making garlands, if others want to make money doing that do it for locals.

"Thousands of housewives trying to make some extra cash to make ends meet have been duped in a 5 million baht Facebook scam."

This is just the western Envelope Stuffing scam...Thai Style. Just with less invested by the scammer and the victims.

It is unfortunate that the victims in these types of scams are not looking to get rich quick. They appear to be people who are in need of a little extra cash in order to make ends meet.

As long as there are scammers, there will always be some willing victims who are desperate for needed cash.

Edited by jaltsc

~1500 baht per person; I bet Khun Chatchaya got excited when thousands started to sign up!

Unfortunately, there are scams no matter where you turn, especially on the internet. But for 1000 baht I will teach you how to avoid them... thumbsup.gif

Again another scam, remember the saying if it sounds to good to be true it usually is.

Every village/town/city have people making garlands, if others want to make money doing that do it for locals.

Personally, I wouldn't consider this one of those "if it sounds to good to be true it usually is". It appeared to be a way of earning money from selling your garlands......I doubt many expected to become millionaires over night from it?

I'm sorry for the ones who got scammed but really just when you think you just but seen it all up bobs another gem.

10/10 for originality .

And you don't bring me flowers anymore!

In Pattaya the ling goes" and you don't give me BJs any more" 55555

Edited by sanukjim

~1500 baht per person; I bet Khun Chatchaya got excited when thousands started to sign up!

Unfortunately, there are scams no matter where you turn, especially on the internet. But for 1000 baht I will teach you how to avoid them... thumbsup.gif

I will pay that 1000 baht but before I do, please send 10,000 baht to my account.

;)

You don't have to be scammed on the internet, some in OZ back in 09 got scammed big time by a Bank when one of their rogue advisers recommended a particular investment fund up in Queensland , I add this was not supported by the bank and it turned out to be a pyramid scheme, the bank was fined 1/4 billion, however as it wasn't a product of the bank, no one got any money back , result, 100 of millions lost , lots had to declare bankruptcy after being bitten also in 08, and this scheme didn't look any different to any other, it wasn't a too good to be true, so anyone can get caught , given the right climate.................................coffee1.gif ..

You don't have to be scammed on the internet, some in OZ back in 09 got scammed big time by a Bank when one of their rogue advisers recommended a particular investment fund up in Queensland , I add this was not supported by the bank and it turned out to be a pyramid scheme, the bank was fined 1/4 billion, however as it wasn't a product of the bank, no one got any money back , result, 100 of millions lost , lots had to declare bankruptcy after being bitten also in 08, and this scheme didn't look any different to any other, it wasn't a too good to be true, so anyone can get caught , given the right climate.................................coffee1.gif ..

Which bank the CW bank

Anybody who gets scammed via facebook deserves it. There should be no prosecution for the scamers. It's fair game... If you're stupid enough to do business on facebook, you should lose something... law of nature. It's like if you are a fish in the sea and get fished out... will you sue?

Anybody who gets scammed via facebook deserves it. There should be no prosecution for the scamers. It's fair game... If you're stupid enough to do business on facebook, you should lose something... law of nature. It's like if you are a fish in the sea and get fished out... will you sue?

Anyone who's taken a bank loan of some description has been scammed.

Fancy paying interest on money that doesn't even exists.

Priceless.

So you don't need Facebook to fall for one of the oldest 'cons' around.

Someone forgot their humanity this morning...... Scams like this are illegal... Laws are in place to protect the innocent.

No one deserves to be scammed. We all have the right to expect that we are treated honestly.

Of course, life has taught us that this is not always true and we should be skeptical and on our guard... however, this doesn't mean we deserve it, any more than someone walking down a street getting their gold chain or watch robbed, wallet pick-pocketed etc, girls assaulted...

No Victim of a Crime deserves it... they may have placed themselves in a position of higher risk, but certainly, its not deserved.

What is "to good to be true" about taking up a "homeworking" offer?

Spoken like the sort of person who would jump at the opportunity to perpetrate such a crime.

One of those that believe people who are ignorant, and the Thai social system is very good at keeping people ignorant, "deserve" to be cheated.

Not surprising that Thailand is a magnet for so many foreign psychopaths.

Edited by Enoon

Someone forgot their humanity this morning...... Scams like this are illegal... Laws are in place to protect the innocent.

No one deserves to be scammed. We all have the right to expect that we are treated honestly.

Of course, life has taught us that this is not always true and we should be skeptical and on our guard... however, this doesn't mean we deserve it, any more than someone walking down a street getting their gold chain or watch robbed, wallet pick-pocketed etc, girls assaulted...

No Victim of a Crime deserves it... they may have placed themselves in a position of higher risk, but certainly, its not deserved.

You may be mistaken in thinking that such an individual had any humanity in the first place.

Sounds quite plausible.
Work at home.
You only have to pay in advance for the material.
The same game also runs with the homeassembling of pens, jewelry, flashlights, etc.
Mostly young mothers getting cheated, sitting at home and need to take care of children.
So a bit of manual work at home may help supplement their small household budget.

Hope they get this shity Chatchaya Cheuamonkol.
At least 5 years in prison would be fair for this planned mass fraud.