Dvd+rw

agsnowdon

Hi

O/S Windows XP PRO SP2 MainBoard - ASUS A8N-5X CPU - AMD ATHLON 3000+ 512 x 2 Kingston DDR 400 PCI EXPRESS XFX GeForce FX 5200 256MB - HDD's SATA II Seagate 80GB & SATA II Maxtor 250GB 16MB Cache

I have been using dvd-r discs to do some recording but i thought I'd get some re writable ones too.

The ones I have are dvd+rw but when i go to record or erase i get error messages. When i go to access the disc via my computer it says windows can't read disc may be corrupt or not using a format that windows recognizes.

Like I said I have been successful recording with dvd-r discs.

will it not burn because these are dvd+ discs ???

my recorder is Samsung TS-E552U 16X DVD±RW Dual Layer External USB2.0

I am using Nero vision to record and nero back up to do my erasing both give errors but as soon as I burn the project with dvd-r discs all is fine.

dvd recorder is making odd noises when I put the dvd+ discs in but cant see im doing anything wrong please help me.

Ash

Just to add if I put these dvd+rw discs in my CDR/DVDreader drive and go to "my computer" I can open the disc but if I but them in the DVD burner no joy and get that error message from windows

Edited by agsnowdon

Just to add if I put these dvd+rw discs in my CDR/DVDreader drive and go to "my computer" I can open the disc but if I but them in the DVD burner no joy and get that error message from windows

Your version of burner looks to support all formats. That leads me to suspect you may need a firmware upgrade.

check out samsungs web page on how to do that.

-R is a much more consistent standard.

My computer DVD writer will accept both, but the Pioneer DVR only accepts -R

As long as the disks are unwritten, then take them back to the shop and ask to exchange for -RW