Seniors World Cup football tournament in Chiang Mai

Chiengmaijoe

Will you be in goal for the England team,Joe.?

regards worgeordie

My football days are over, but I was more of a lethal finisher than a goalie - butter-fingers in that respect. My only skills now are with a tennis racket, which just reminded me, we definitely need some more players at The Gymkhana, if you're interested.

A chat with some of the footie players last night told me that it is more of an event among themselves than a publicised spectator event, although I'm sure they'll welcome support. They will play at 700yr stadium and CMU.

The teams are England, Scotland, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Taiwan, Iran and US of A. It will be Live Streamed on t'internet but I lost the link, I'll maybe post later. They're here to drink and party so it will be good business for the bars and restaurants in what is normally the slow season. For example the New Zealand team is 38 strong (players and officials and partners). They were a bit shocked to hear of the Chiang Mai curfew but managed to find a lock-in already. The advance parties arrived Thurs/Fri with the majority arriving today.

I have most the NZ and Aus team coming tonight, so it looks like I may have to work today. I'm about to shower and go, and it's only just past noon!!