School milk meant for Thai students show up at a Cambodian department store

rooster59

School milk meant for Thai students show up at a Cambodian department store

post-247607-0-26113600-1464990725_thumb.

BANGKOK: An investigation is under way to find out how UHT school milk which are meant for local consumption only by students has surfaced at a department store in Cambodia’s Siem Reap township.

Agriculture Minister General Chatchai Sarikalaya on Friday confirmed an earlier press report that cartons of UHT school milk produced in Thailand and distributed free of charge for school children have been put on shelves for sale at the Asia Market department store in Siem Reap.

He said the investigating panel headed by Mr Sakchai Sriboonsue, deputy permanent secretary for agriculture, was told to complete the probe within June 10.

A reporter who visited the department store reported that the school milk in packs and cartons were displayed on shelves for sale at between 17-18 baht per carton.

A Cambodian employee of the store said that the school milk were put on display less than a week but he admitted that he didn’t know how the milk had landed at the store.

The reporter said that the expiry date shown on the milk cartons was November 8 which means that the milk was produced in May if the milk is good for six months. The milk came from Wang Namyen dairy farm cooperatives.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/165964

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-04

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No boundaries to the monkey business perpetrated by officials of all levels and all departments

in this country, today milk gone missing from the kids daily consumption, the question is:

what else of the kids needs is being taken out and sold for a profit by unscrupulous and heartless

people?.......

One cannot keep the Thai entrepreneurial spirit down. There is always an opportunity to make money!

The PM has been asking for innovation by the Thai people. No one should complain when it turns up on the doorstep..

No boundaries to the monkey business perpetrated by officials of all levels and all departments

in this country, today milk gone missing from the kids daily consumption, the question is:

what else of the kids needs is being taken out and sold for a profit by unscrupulous and heartless

people?.......

No care, concern or morality when it comes to making money.

Now standby for the ' it happens ' everywhere brigade to weigh in to deflect from the fact the story is about Thailand.

I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for this that does not have anything to do with corruption, theft, greed, or misappropriation. . . but for the life of me I can not think of one!!!! cheesy.gif

Production-overrun, sold off by the factory on-the-cheap, like all those genuine Nike-shoes & handbags & branded T-shirts ? whistling.gif

I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for this that does not have anything to do with corruption, theft, greed, or misappropriation. . . but for the life of me I can not think of one!!!! cheesy.gif

Yes there was theft involved...somewhere there are a couple of very guilty Burmese.

Wouldn't put this past my current school director, the one before that, and oh, even the one before that.

They used to serve the kids prison food to save costs. Make money at all costs was the philiosphy and sadly people understood.

Let me help you.

Wang Namyen dairy farm cooperatives packages their milk for more than one customer. The accidentally packaged too much for this customer. Rather than throw it away they sold it to a Cambodian company.

There you are, mystery solved, maybe. :-)

a lot of thai children don't seem to like their school milk. my stepsons bring bags full of this milk home with them at times, rather than throw it away it is been given to children who have milk drinking relatives at home. i sometimes don't buy milk for my morning cereal for weeks.

perhaps a school found a way of generating a bit of income this way instead.

people?.......

Now standby for the ' it happens ' everywhere brigade to weigh in to deflect from the fact the story is about Thailand.

I thought the story was about corrupt Cambodians purchasing black market milk?

I'm sure that this story is just the tip of the iceberg, I'll wager that there is rampant theft/fraud in Thailand by Govt. employees. Even if the swindlers are caught, all they ever get is a slap on the wrist and pay some pathetic paltry fine, zero deterrent when you consider the sums of money they are siphoning...TIT, same shit, different day...coffee1.gif

people?.......

And with luck maybe an " if you don't like it......." statement too. lol lol Hold onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. lol

people?.......

And with luck maybe an " if you don't like it......." statement too. lol lol Hold onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. lol

clap2.gif