Samsung TV and Wi Fi - Ethernet Based TV.

Generalchaos

A question for those with some knlowledge regarding networks and Wi Fi.

I have a series 4 Samsung TV that has an Ethernet port for connection to a network. I also have a couple of spare wireless routers, Belkin 4 port WiFi and a TP Link with WiFi.

What I would like to know is how would you connect one of these WiFi routers to the TV using the ethernet cable, then have them connect to my main internet / wifi Linksys connection - the main router?

I have a ZTE Fibre modem as a bridge for the internet, this then connects to the Linksys via ethernet, then distributes internet and network via ethernet and wifi.

What I would like to do is to use one of my old obsolete wifi routers to plug in a short ethernet cable and use the wifi of the old router to link to the Linksys WiFi.

Anyone have any thoughts? It would probably work as a range extender too.

Cheers

I'm not sure I understand what you are after. Are you simply trying to get your TV on the same network as your other devices, like desktop/laptop computers, tablets and smart phones?

If so, can't you simply put an Ethernet cable from your Linksys router to your TV? What's the reason for using yet a third WiFi router (other than as a range extender)?