Does Anyplace Give Normal Double Entry Tourist Visas Now

Hi, I was gone for a year & was shocked to get a single entry visa at Vientiane last week. This looked like the normal thing now.

But is there anywhere I can go to get a normal double entry tourist visa? No way I can afford to tie things up with a 'retirement' visa. I'm in the middle of a project & would like to stick around Thailand for a year & finish it.

Advice much appreciated.

OP you would only need the money in the bank for two months before applying for a non O. (Sounds like your over 50 as you mentioned retirement). After obtaining the 12 month extension you can withdraw the money.

You cannot work with a non o based on retirement but many do if working remotely online.

OP you would only need the money in the bank for two months before applying for a non O. (Sounds like your over 50 as you mentioned retirement). After obtaining the 12 month extension you can withdraw the money.

You cannot work with a non o based on retirement but many do if working remotely online.

The money does not have to be in the bank for 60 days to get a non-o visa at a embassy or consulate. Same to do a conversion to a non immigrant visa at immigration.

The money only has to be in the bank for 60 days to apply an extension.

There is also the option of showing proof of 65k baht income or a combination of income and money in the bank totaling 800k baht.

No.....double and triple tourist visas ended in 2015.

They were replaced with the so-called Multiple Entry Tourist Visa

For most countries that is only available for nationals or legal residents of their home country

Hello and thanks!

But: it used to be possible (or I'd heard it was) for a Yank to go to the US Embassy & give a sworn statement they had enough income for a 'retirement' visa. Taking that statement to Thai Immigration, you'd get a 'retirement' visa.

Is that still possible?

And the bottom line for me: can I get tourist visas to stay here for a year? (I'd need to go on four visa runs. One expires, I'd get a different one. Not always to Vientiane.)

Thanks!

Hello and thanks!

But: it used to be possible (or I'd heard it was) for a Yank to go to the US Embassy & give a sworn statement they had enough income for a 'retirement' visa. Taking that statement to Thai Immigration, you'd get a 'retirement' visa.

Is that still possible?

And the bottom line for me: can I get tourist visas to stay here for a year? (I'd need to go on four visa runs. One expires, I'd get a different one. Not always to Vientiane.)

Thanks!

You can do an a income affidavit at the US embassy to prove the 65K baht income when you apply for the extension.

Info on getting the affidavit here: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/notarial-services.html#income_affidavit

Hello and thanks!

Is that still possible?

Thanks!

You can still get single entry tourist visa from Penang, Savannakhet, and Vietianne.....and each one can be extended for 30 days at your local immigraion in Thailand for a1900 baht fee.

Each visa will give you a 90 days stay and by using them wisely you can get almost a year stay in Thailand.

Hi,

Ubonjoe, thanks. But a guy with this visa said now the govt. wants to see bank statements during the 90 day reporting! They'd be shocked if they saw mine...Respectable, solvent, and safely below the poverty line.

Too bad the double entries don't exist any more. I can go to various places though to get the single entries & the stamp.

Thank you!

Is it a new regulation which has just been enforced in the last days? I asked the same question yesterday on this forum and got the same reply. I am a bit confused now. Because, on my last (and first biggrin.png ) visit to the Vientiane embassy (last april 21), i clearly remember that the choice was given either for a single entry, 1000 thb (if my memory is good) or for a double one, 2000. Furthermore, the visa form from the Vientiane embassy still have a line asking how many entries are wished.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated ;)

Cheers

Is it a new regulation which has just been enforced in the last days? I asked the same question yesterday on this forum and got the same reply. I am a bit confused now. Because, on my last (and first biggrin.png ) visit to the Vientiane embassy (last april 21), i clearly remember that the choice was given either for a single entry, 1000 thb (if my memory is good) or for a double one, 2000. Furthermore, the visa form from the Vientiane embassy still have a line asking how many entries are wished.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated wink.png

Cheers

Hello, I went to VTN on April 24; there were possibly 'choices' on the visa form but when I asked the clerk if I could get a double entry, he laughed at me, said, 'no, no.' I kept asking people & they acted like it was old news, no more double entries.

Re: the offensive caps. It's automatic; you know this system better than I do; so you also know that I don't continue to scream. Just once.

But thanks anyway for all your help. I won't apologize, any more than shops apologize for their marketing tactics. I had a job to do and you helped me do it.

Hi,

Ubonjoe, thanks. But a guy with this visa said now the govt. wants to see bank statements during the 90 day reporting! They'd be shocked if they saw mine...Respectable, solvent, and safely below the poverty line.

Too bad the double entries don't exist any more. I can go to various places though to get the single entries & the stamp.

Thank you!

Not correct.

Hi,

Thank you!

Not correct.

Yes ubon is correct (never not) ...as for your setv question. Yes you can go to several places outside Thailand for your setv. Depends where you live. Vientiane is recommended by many, rightly so. Other good locations. Just read up on ones not so flash, like kl to mention one

What a bummer, you can't get a double tourist visa to do your project (work) anymore and the embassy (finally) makes it more difficult to BS your way through the income requirements.

I feel for you.

Yes, he is the reason why they made your extensions (of whichever type), more complicated. Nothing to do with the political situation.

But I am glad you feel for him, so do I but in a slightly different way.

PS: I am being sarcastic.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1