Their visibility belies scorn, harm transgender Thais face

Why is that the homosexual posters rally to the defense of the transgender people. They are nothing alike in thoughts deeds or actions.

Oh and by the way I have a very good friend who is transgender (actually 2).......no homosexuals though.

What has sexual orientation to do with taking a view opposing prejudice?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dagnabbit

Maybe you should read the posts I responded to if you want to get my point. In fact read the whole thread if you really want to know.

But I suspect you don't.

Edited by Bluespunk

No. It is essential to know that it is important to accept that people are different and that it is wrong to persecute and discriminate against them for being so.

Maybe explained to them that they have 2 choices, accept or not accept.

But you want them brainwashed that it should be accepted by EVERYONE !

Some of the greatest crimes against humanity have been committed by those who viewed people who differed from the norm, be it on the grounds of faith, gender identity, sexuality, politics, as being deviants/unnatural/something to be despised.

And that is bad thing?

We have been doing this for a hundred thousand years..... and homo erectus (no silly boy not jinghtnihg) has evolved and getting stronger.

Are crimes against humanity a bad thing? Really you need to ask that?

Well just to clear this up for you...yes, they are.

The OP highlights the fact that Thailand isn't quite the "paradise" for trans people that many foreigners think it is for superficial reasons.

Whoever said that Thailand was paradise for boys who want to wear dresses ?

The OP highlights the fact that Thailand isn't quite the "paradise" for trans people that many foreigners think it is for superficial reasons.

Whoever said that Thailand was paradise for boys who want to wear dresses ?

It's a common misconception because westerners see so many visible trans women here and make assumptions based on little information.

At work we are given blue lanyards on which to hang our ID cards. Now the LGBT group at work has produced a yellow lanyard which they want the heterosexual workers to wear to identify themselves as alliies of the LGBT movement.

So you can see where this is headed. If you refuse the offer of a yellow lanyard then you are identified as a bigot and homophobe.

It's PC gone mad. I refuse to wear one because I go to work to make money and not indulge in sexual politics.

At work we are given blue lanyards on which to hang our ID cards. Now the LGBT group at work has produced a yellow lanyard which they want the heterosexual workers to wear to identify themselves as alliies of the LGBT movement.

So you can see where this is headed. If you refuse the offer of a yellow lanyard then you are identified as a bigot and homophobe.

It's PC gone mad. I refuse to wear one because I go to work to make money and not indulge in sexual politics.

Off topic. thumbsup.gif

Off topic. thumbsup.gif

Since when were you a moderator?

No. It is essential to know that it is important to accept that people are different and that it is wrong to persecute and discriminate against them for being so.

Some of the greatest crimes against humanity have been committed by those who viewed people who differed from the norm, be it on the grounds of faith, gender identity, sexuality, politics, as being deviants/unnatural/something to be despised.

And that is bad thing?

We have been doing this for a hundred thousand years..... and homo erectus (no silly boy not jinghtnihg) has evolved and getting stronger.

but it was PC in some countries, Nazi Germany, Communist Russia, China, N.Korea, going with the flow can be dangerous,extremism at both ends of the scale is wrong 1984 should have been a warning

Off topic. thumbsup.gif

He's a liberal.

Likes to stifle opposing opinions.

Which is really what is going on with the transexual issue generally.

Opinions that do not come from the LGBT community are not allowed.

Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. Remember ?

What have creation myths got to do with this?

is it alright to hurt the feelings of religious people?

How many actually believe this myth?

However i tend not to question people's beliefs and never their right to believe.

In this case however when it is used to justify prejudicial attitudes and behaviour I am more than happy to point out it's utter irrelevance to reality.

Edited by Bluespunk

And that is bad thing?

but it was PC in some countries, Nazi Germany, Communist Russia, China, N.Korea, going with the flow can be dangerous,extremism at both ends of the scale is wrong 1984 should have been a warning

Scraping the barrel now.

Absolute nonsense

He's a liberal.

So opposing prejudice and discrimination (of all kinds, although here we happen to be talking about trans-sexuals)

and defending the basic human right to which we are all entitled, namely, a degree of respect and tolerance, makes someone

a “liberal”?

And because we are talking about trans-sexuals that automatically makes that person a member of the “LGBT community”?

And because someone chooses to challenge negative and discriminatory comments that are disrespectful and intolerant, not to say devoid of

any compassion or humanity, they are “stifling opposing opinions”?

What sweeping assumptions you make!

What ignorance, given that you know nothing about those who oppose (not stifle) your own views!

What sheer impertinence!

What a breathtaking display of fatuousness!

He's a liberal.

So opposing prejudice and discrimination (of all kinds, although here we happen to be talking about trans-sexuals)

and defending the basic human right to which we are all entitled, namely, a degree of respect and tolerance, makes someone

a “liberal”?

And because we are talking about trans-sexuals that automatically makes that person a member of the “LGBT community”?

And because someone chooses to challenge negative and discriminatory comments that are disrespectful and intolerant, not to say devoid of

any compassion or humanity, they are “stifling opposing opinions”?

What sweeping assumptions you make!

What ignorance, given that you know nothing about those who oppose (not stifle) your own views!

What sheer impertinence!

What a breathtaking display of fatuousness!

It's not opposing prejudice. It's trying to stifle opposing opinions.

Liberals are very quick to call someone names or accuse them of infringements and then follow up by telling them these made up infringements should

Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. Remember ?

What have creation myths got to do with this?

is it alright to hurt the feelings of religious people?

How many actually believe this myth?

However i tend not to question people's beliefs and never their right to believe.

In this case however when it is used to justify prejudicial attitudes and behaviour I am more than happy to point out it's utter irrelevance to reality.

So your reaction to perceived prejudice is that you decide to try to act in a prejudicial manner?

Marvelous.