Southern security tightened as Ramadan begins

webfact

Southern security tightened as Ramadan begins

YALA, 6 June 2016 (NNT) - Security officials in Yala have stepped up crime prevention measures in risk-prone areas as Ramadan gets underway.

Several military units are stationed at different spots across Yala, looking out for suspicious vehicles and individuals as residents from different areas head into the city center to stock up on food supplies in preparation for the fasting month.

Ramadan will begin on Monday 6th June, if the moon is seen on Sunday 5th June. If the moon is not spotted on Sunday, the holy month will begin on Tuesday 7th June.

The Internal Security Operations Command (ISOC) Region 4, has told the security sector to pay close attention to business districts in the southern border provinces of Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat and Songkhla. The ISOC also asked security officials to facilitate the activities of Muslim Thais throughout the Ramadan period.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-06-06 footer_n.gif

Call me stupid but why would these people be stocking up on food for a fasting?

They have huge feasts all night long during Ramadan, so they actually end up eating quite a bit.

Personal attacks in the form of name calling aren't allowed by forum rules ;).

They have huge feasts all night long during Ramadan, so they actually end up eating quite a bit.

Personal attacks in the form of name calling aren't allowed by forum rules ;).

I guess you can't understand English too well to understand when someone uses that phrase?

Personal attacks in the form of name calling aren't allowed by forum rules wink.png.

I guess you can't understand English too well to understand when someone uses that phrase?

I was making a joke while also being informative. I guess it flew right over your head, stupid.

Personal attacks in the form of name calling aren't allowed by forum rules wink.png.

yup it's fasting from sun up till sundown i think but they eat at night so basically just need to time one's eating according to the time of the day no different from intermittent fasting whereby one has an 8 hour period to eat and a 16 hr period to fast

I was making a joke while also being informative. I guess it flew right over your head, stupid.

tells someone personal attacks are not allowed by forum rules proceeds to break rules by making a personal attack on him. whistling.gif