outside c/mai city limits, depressed or ?

evenstevens

Ok Johpa, I see your ploy. No condos in Mae Rim that I'm aware of and definitely no English speakers clumped together..... therefore to all the outsiders: go South and infiltrate Hang Dong.

Leave the Marmarites to suffer with their atrocious traffic and polluted air. They hate their place......honestly!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy for people to stay away too.... gives me/us a bit more breathing space.

I'd hate for it to become 'too' crowded....or popular.

very certain, that your above comments, would not be used at all

IF

your failed restaruant business in Maerim Plaza had been a sucess

Hypocrisy at its best !!!!

Please consider that Johpa is just doing his part to reduce the increase of traffic around Mae Rim.

Currently yours truly, and this 30 year part-time resident of Mae Rim, is (1) trying hard to both convince new ex-pat people to stay away and also to (2) maintain some calm in response to faulty perceptions.

Do I really need to start using those sophomoric "emoticoms" to denote irony?!?

No, I got it the first time. ;)

But then we actually met, long ago, so that helps. :)

But Johpa.....your last paragraph wouldn't be a plagiarism or piss take from the old tv series Beverly Hillbilly 's by any chance?

What kind of philistine are you? That was the TV classic "Green Acres" . Yes siree, Hubby and I did "farm livin'" for over 15 years in the U.S. and got thru the "Green Acres" period of our lives. You won't find us living more than 200 meters from a 7/11 these days. "Country-living" is way over-rated.

But Johpa.....your last paragraph wouldn't be a plagiarism or piss take from the old tv series Beverly Hillbilly 's by any chance?

What kind of philistine are you? That was the TV classic "Green Acres" . Yes siree, Hubby and I did "farm livin'" for over 15 years in the U.S. and got thru the "Green Acres" period of our lives. You won't find us living more than 200 meters from a 7/11 these days. "Country-living" is way over-rated.

Yeah but you could go to Sam Drucker's General Store.

post-192235-0-94972000-1465612828_thumb.

not many helpful answers to the original OPs question which is a shame. I do like a bit of banter but some of the arguing between members on here does get a bit too draining for me.

Shame as the topic is one of interest to me.

I'm happy for people to stay away too.... gives me/us a bit more breathing space.

IF

Actually ES (And I know its the lowest form of wit) what I wrote in reply to anothers post was my (rather poor) attempt at sarcasm. I was wondering why so many negative posts were being thrown at Mae Rim. Reverse psychology may have been used...

Not sure where the hypocrisy comes into it?

IF

Actually ES (And I know its the lowest form of wit) what I wrote in reply to anothers post was my (rather poor) attempt at sarcasm. I was wondering why so many negative posts were being thrown at Mae Rim. Reverse psychology may have been used...

Not sure where the hypocrisy comes into it?

acknowleged, with thanks,,smile.png sure is some fruit loops, on this thread, bagging MaeRimfacepalm.gif

a beautiful maerimite night , to all my readersbiggrin.png

Yeah but you could go to Sam Drucker's General Store.

attachicon.gifsam.jpg

was Green acres a spinoff of Peticoat Junction?

You won't find us living more than 200 meters from a 7/11 these days. "Country-living" is way over-rated.

C.I.C. how exciting !!!

But

for youse city slickers thats the norm ,and best part of your day, a visit to 7/11 or a mall

Honey , E/S will do his upmost , to put up a pic sometime tomorrow, to show what i wake up to each day, in the boonies

watch this thread

a fantabalous Boonie good morning to allsmile.png

Ah yes, I remember the beautiful spring mornings in Sumpter Township, Michigan. While Hubby was taking care of morning chores around the farm with his cute little tractor, where he sometimes got bogged down to the axles in the mud and had to appeal to the neighbor to come pull him out with their bigger tractor:

post-68373-0-52518000-1465704065_thumb.j

I was planning the daily trip into town to go to the store and pick up the mail. Never could seem to keep a mail box in front of our property because teenagers thought blowing up mailboxes on isolated country roads with cherry bombs was great sport. It was a seven mile trip to the nearest store and the post office. That's over 11 kilometers -- not onerous, but a pain to have to make every day. And lord help me if I realized in the middle of making dinner that I'd forgotten to purchase a key ingredient. No sending Hubby out to the 7/11 for a carton of milk or a bag of sugar. Even the "neighbors" with the big tractor were 1/4 mile away.

But, I'm sure the E/S, the "country gentleman" doesn't get his boots muddy, does he?

Ah yes, I remember the beautiful spring mornings in Sumpter Township, Michigan. While Hubby was taking care of morning chores around the farm with his cute little tractor, where he sometimes got bogged down to the axles in the mud and had to appeal to the neighbor to come pull him out with their bigger tractor:

attachicon.gifKubota in the mud.jpg

I was planning the daily trip into town to go to the store and pick up the mail. Never could seem to keep a mail box in front of our property because teenagers thought blowing up mailboxes on isolated country roads with cherry bombs was great sport. It was a seven mile trip to the nearest store and the post office. That's over 11 kilometers -- not onerous, but a pain to have to make every day. And lord help me if I realized in the middle of making dinner that I'd forgotten to purchase a key ingredient. No sending Hubby out to the 7/11 for a carton of milk or a bag of sugar. Even the "neighbors" with the big tractor were 1/4 mile away.

But, I'm sure the E/S, the "country gentleman" doesn't get his boots muddy, does he?

Not everyone thinks the same way or enjoys the same things, NancyL. There,obviously, are people that would rather live outside of the center of Chiang Mai. That does not make them wrong, bad, or anything else other than thinking different.

No, of course not. I'm not saying it's wrong to want to live outside the city. Just that it's not everyone's cup of mud tea and that "country living" isn't always what it's cracked up to be, either, esp. when you're making a living from the land. I imagine if someone had spent a lifetime in the confines of high-rise city living, they could find "country living" well, really suburban living a nice change of pace.

It's good that Chiang Mai offers both. It's not like you have to drive for hours to get to the Makro, Tesco or excellent restaurants, nor do you have to be airlifted by helicopter for lifesaving medical care.

• 4 months later...

from my O/P .approx 6 months down the track, those 3 properties are still on the market,  in fact one up the ante a short time back,by 20%,  not a thai ,but a farung

and E/S  have put two   very nice  mooban propertys on my radar, since my last post,  both under the 2.5 bracket, neither have been sold,or look likely to be sold  at their present  price tags, they are  in the Huay  Sai  Tambon ,Maerim,also  their are a number of properties,with 15 mil plus price tags,floating in the wind ,in the same Tambon

from my observation, it appears the Maerim,  property market , at least, Tambon Huay Sai, its absoulately lousy to get sale ,even at very reasonable prices,where say   3 to 5 yrs ago ,they possibly would have been snapped up at those prices, my gut feeling there is no Love In The Air, in Maerimte Land,, when it comes down to selling any real estate etc etc

wonder how other districts are faring, ????

its  a John  Paul Young, good morning to all

Location,Location,Location, I think MaeRim,would be considered too far out from Chiang Mai,

for most Thais,that's why the properties are difficult to move,and at 2.5M,plus some more to

do them up and furnish ,decent returns from rentals would also not be achievable,as just like
Thais, the majority of Farangs don't want to live that far out either.

a Dr Feelgood,evening E/S

regards worgeordie

E

On 5 November 2016 at 7:40 AM, evenstevens said:

from my O/P .approx 6 months down the track, those 3 properties are still on the market,  in fact one up the ante a short time back,by 20%,  not a thai ,but a farung

and E/S  have put two   very nice  mooban propertys on my radar, since my last post,  both under the 2.5 bracket, neither have been sold,or look likely to be sold  at their present  price tags, they are  in the Huay  Sai  Tambon ,Maerim,also  their are a number of properties,with 15 mil plus price tags,floating in the wind ,in the same Tambon

from my observation, it appears the Maerim,  property market , at least, Tambon Huay Sai, its absoulately lousy to get sale ,even at very reasonable prices,where say   3 to 5 yrs ago ,they possibly would have been snapped up at those prices, my gut feeling there is no Love In The Air, in Maerimte Land,, when it comes down to selling any real estate etc etc

wonder how other districts are faring, ????

its  a John  Paul Young, good morning to all

E/S I think you could say aka Paul Young that wherever people lay their hats thats their home ;-)

A very boisterous Donald Trump morning to you, just a couple of days before the big vote.

Edited by stament

you see there is a very big disruption going on in the thai economy. the Bangkok people  dont see or do not want to believe . but all future economic growth in Thailand is in the north , it is coming from CHINA and Myamnar. smart Bangkok people have bought condo's just in case. they believe price are too high for land , by the time they wake up and realize that this is where it is all happening they will have to buy at any price then the frenzy starts. most of the produce is grown in the north and the Chinese are buying it and cutting out the middle men. send truck down to pick up and ship back. next they will just truck down their stuff electronics other things they make , then put on rail to bangkok.