outside c/mai city limits, depressed or ?

evenstevens

a good evening to allsmile.png

is the housing market outside the city limits and upwards of 5 mil plus,in a depressed state, to sell at a reasonable price???

E/S has noticed galloping around maerim district, three very nice houses which represent great value and tick all boxes ,and they have dropped their prices some 6 months ago,,but cannot find a buyer

in fact one has dropped his pants again , in fact the elastic has gone on this reduction

only from my experience, and J.M.O , prices reached a peak before marshall law was applied,and since its been in a downward spiral (so to speak)

my three propertys in question have dropped their opening price from 15% to 20%,and at this point of time cannot attract a fly, let alone a buyer

sure its a buyer markets , but how low, can one go??and have the present you know who ...created a loss of confidence in c/mai.s outer districts housing market

causing geniune buyers to keep their hard earnt, firmly in their pockets , until a permanent change of guard come into action, ,please moobaans are out of playbiggrin.png

Fire Awaysmile.png

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My concrete shoe box in an A+ location has gone up more in the last 12 months than the previous year and a half. And it's nuts in BKK....and in fact, in my older building, it is the Bangkokians doing the buying. How do I know this? Because I am trying to buy another one. Exurbs aren't nearly as attractive to out of town buyers....and that is where they overbuild. And those are houses, which face more of a "ghost" issue. I can almost guarantee your land value has gone up, quote a bit. Saw someone asking 35K per TW in Hang Dong a few days ago, with no decent main road frontage, and I was thinking more like 8K. Up to you.

Chiang Mai market doesn't have that liquidity as some western country cities, where you post your property, and it is gone within a week or so.

Here, to sell anything, takes years.
This is mostly because of greedy expectations of both - owners and real estate agents.

For example - the house with land that owner built for, let's say, 2 mln baht total, they are trying to sell for 3mln or even more.

And then, yes, they are able to reduce the price down, let's say 10-20%, but even then the profit is still good.
All the prices reduction is fake, it is just a discount of very unreal price, to just unreal price.

Oversupply is another factor and another story.

knew that u would be first , please read my opening post again, and get a good grip of yourself,(if poss)

your above post and answers are not in any way, shape or form related to my questions

you are full of windsmile.png

I was trying to tactfully (as always) say that you bought a concrete monstrosity in a shitty location under duress from your bride, who likely has zero experience with large purchases. Traffic out there sucks; it's no secret, making it an undesirable location...and well, you know the rest. Land value +8K per SM...that's all it is worth..and you still have to pay the land office.

Chiang Mai market doesn't have that liquidity as some western country cities, where you post your property, and it is gone within a week or so.

Here, to sell anything, takes years.

This is mostly because of greedy expectations of both - owners and real estate agents.

For example - the house with land that owner built for, let's say, 2 mln baht total, they are trying to sell for 3mln or even more.

And then, yes, they are able to reduce the price down, let's say 10-20%, but even then the profit is still good.

All the prices reduction is fake, it is just a discount of very unreal price, to just unreal price.

Oversupply is another factor and another story.

get a new play , same shit said on this forum over and over again,

the 3 propertys in question were in a nice low ball park figure ,and not overpriced at all ,from day one,

in fact from my experience ,they are not making a huge profit at all, perhaps a break square scenario

stick with your cond,s bizzo,5 mil and above is out of your league

knew that u would be first , please read my opening post again, and get a good grip of yourself,(if poss)

your above post and answers are not in any way, shape or form related to my questions

Wow Weeeee you have 3 properties you are trying to sell and have dropped the selling prices by 15 to 20%. This reeks of a sales job to me and you make it so obvious.

Are these your properties or do you sell on commission? 3% I think is the going rate. A property valued a 5 million baht that`s 150000 baht in your pocket. Nice one.

The further you go out from the centre of Chiang Mai,the harder property is

to sell,it's all about location,location,location,where I am situated properties

are still selling and at good prices, example the house next door to me sold

for 15 million, the buyer then demolished the house (good house) and built

himself a more modern house,swimming pool,the works,told me he spent

17 Million and still not completely finished.

If these houses you are referring to are are such a bargain maybe you should

buy them.the prices will go up,and money's no good in the Banks,interest not

even covering inflation,

regards Worgeordie

for clarification purposes, they are not E/S propertys at all , just three that i know ,which have been on the market, etc etc

do not even know the owners etc etc

many thks

my three propertys (properties) in question have dropped their opening price from 15% to 20%. Or should you have said, the three properties in question to avoid any misinterpretations.

I would not buy a property in Thailand I could never own and if I was insane enough to do so, it would be a place well outside the highest priced areas for under a million baht that has no investment value or no one else wants so that I have little to lose if the GF or wife or families decided to take me for all I`m worth. If come the day I could buy a beautiful home set on it`s own secluded land for 5 million baht or more and then all I have to do is pay the money, sign on the dotted line, get handed over the deeds in my name or joint names with my partner, then I would be in a state of ecstasy and really know I am the king of my castle. I could even boast about it to my family and friends without having to say, oh no it`s not mine it belongs to the wife. Thanks but no thanks.

Expats living in Thailand on retirement have no need to get married if they are not already married or throw big money into a home they could never own and other people get the benefit. Not me bro.

at least he didn't somehow tie it to the good 'ol USA!

My concrete shoe box in an A+ location has gone up more in the last 12 months than the previous year and a half. And it's nuts in BKK....and in fact, in my older building, it is the Bangkokians doing the buying. How do I know this? Because I am trying to buy another one. Exurbs aren't nearly as attractive to out of town buyers....and that is where they overbuild. And those are houses, which face more of a "ghost" issue. I can almost guarantee your land value has gone up, quote a bit. Saw someone asking 35K per TW in Hang Dong a few days ago, with no decent main road frontage, and I was thinking more like 8K. Up to you.

You can find 5K per sq. wa rather easily in a very accessible location near the Canal road. (roughly in between Hang Dong and Sanpatong, don't know how far that is but it's not crazy)

And it's not even something insane like dozens of rais, just small-ish plots of about a rai or so.

Wow Weeeee you have 3 properties you are trying to sell and have dropped the selling prices by 15 to 20%. This reeks of a sales job to me and you make it so obvious.

Are these your properties or do you sell on commission? 3% I think is the going rate. A property valued a 5 million baht that`s 150000 baht in your pocket. Nice one.

He is relatively new to Chiang Mai. The very idea of having far more houses than prospective buyers is foreign to him. Another thing is who really wants to live out there that can afford a 5 million baht house. They would pick a more desirable area.

You can find 5K per sq. wa rather easily in a very accessible location near the Canal road. (roughly in between Hang Dong and Sanpatong, don't know how far that is but it's not crazy)

And it's not even something insane like dozens of rais, just small-ish plots of about a rai or so.

A little of topic but would those lots hold a good potential for future sails. I have often thought about buying property in the wife's name of course just so she would have some thing solid when she barbeques me.

He is relatively new to Chiang Mai. The very idea of having far more houses than prospective buyers is foreign to him. Another thing is who really wants to live out there that can afford a 5 million baht house. They would pick a more desirable area.

When is someone not "new to Chiang Mai" ?

If you think people "that can afford a 5 million baht house" do not live outside "c/mai city limits", how ever you want to define that, then you have not seen much outside of Chiang Mai city. There are many reasons people, both Thai and foreigner may want to live outside the city, "desirable area" being defined by themselves.

There are many properties well above the 5 million mark outside the city limits.

The market, since the military takeover, has steadily declined in both rental and sales. I am guessing, that as Thais are not much in to buying second hand properties, the decline in prices is somewhat down to the reduction in companies relocating foreign staff to Thailand that may have been corporate buyers/renters.

In addition foreign buyers at the 5 million upwards level are probably thinking twice or more before investing here under the current situation. So expect to see prices declining even further.

i'd take a bet that he has been around a good 15 years longer than you. and you still seem like you just got off the boat last week.

three replies ,and three full of rubbish comments and false accusations

guess its that time of nite,

sweet dreams to allsmile.png

If you have high expectations, you should never visit this forum again.

PLEASE

regards Worgeordie

When is someone not "new to Chiang Mai" ?

If you think people "that can afford a 5 million baht house" do not live outside "c/mai city limits", how ever you want to define that, then you have not seen much outside of Chiang Mai city. There are many reasons people, both Thai and foreigner may want to live outside the city, "desirable area" being defined by themselves.

According to ES there are not that many. Read his posts. They are about not selling not about selling at a massive rate.

i'd take a bet that he has been around a good 15 years longer than you. and you still seem like you just got off the boat last week.

Well for some one that has been around that long he has sure missed a lot. I don't even dabble in the real estate market and have no problem understanding over supply.

Got to wonder after his blind promotion of the Green Valley condo he had money in.

"is the housing market outside the city limits and upwards of 5 mil plus,in a depressed state, to sell at a reasonable price???"

Yes it seems that way, but RE moves in cycles all over the world so the reasonable prices could be gone in 18 months or they may go lower no one knows for sure.

On Sunday I was out with the family and noticed lots of new buildings in Mae Jo which is outside CM enter. A new post office is underway and an acquaintance is selling land nearby at a big gain so in the end if you are careful and can see where future demand is you can still buy at good prices.

Sorry didn't read earlier post

Edited by alfieconn

Got to wonder after his blind promotion of the Green Valley condo he had money in.

Yes that was funny. I wonder if that is one of the properties he is trying to dump?

Yes that was funny. I wonder if that is one of the properties he is trying to dump?

<deleted> read post 11

for clarification purposes, they are not E/S propertys at all , just three that i know ,which have been on the market, etc etc

do not even know the owners etc etc

many thks

So......They are not his properties. He does not know the owners. He is unlikely to get 3 percent given does not know owners, not in real estate game, and has not sold yet. It is a casual observation. One no doubt that many of us have noted, I posted yonks ago about a property near me that went for a third of its original asking price. There was a post bya TV member earlier explaining difficulties of selling a new property in Doi Saket.

If people are interested in these properties they can pm and ask for location or GPS and look the,selves...no ES no owner.

A Thai shelling out 5 mil for a house is not going to want a secondhand property. They want new. That leaves a much smaller population of falangs as the market, and an even smaller population of them who are thinking with their groin instead of what is on their shoulders. Next please.