Registering Outsourcing Business under Thai National

I have a modest online service business that I’m thinking about shifting to Thailand from my home country. It’s a website that receives payment through PayPal for outsourcing work done to US, Australia etc (no Thai customers). My Thai wife would be owner and sole employee. There is no physical property or product and it is home based. Payments would come through my wife’s Paypal account which is connected to a local bank account.

I’d be grateful if anyone has information on what’s involved in registering here in Thailand. The main things I need to know at this stage is 1. Does it need to be registered as a company or just use my wife’s name? 2. What are the tax rates? and 3. What are the government reporting responsibilities?

Thanks heaps for any advice.

A Lurker, Expect a lot of hate from the sourpusses on Thaivisa, like the poster above me.

1. Can be registered as sole proprietorship, but you need a work permit to work for the company. Then there's the rule that you must hire x amount of Thai nationals for each foreign employee in the company.

2. A sole proprietorship pays tax on personal income.

3. Just like in any other country

I highly recommend you to keep your company in your homecountry.

Thanks PocoLoco. Just to clarify, this is not a company as such - it’s a website providing outsourcing services. My wife will be the only person involved with it (I will not be involved at all) and she will be working from home. I guess you could compare it to an ebay business except there is no physical product. This being the case I’m wondering if she can just declare it as income at the end of the financial year and pay income tax on it?

At some point soon I’ll get to accountant and see what they advise.

Thanks for the info.

(Yes, seems like there’s a lot of damaged dudes on TV from relationships)

Archived