Snakes alive - pythons and cobras invade!

webfact

Snakes alive - pythons and cobras invade!

s3pm.jpg
Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- Large snakes continue to take refuge in homes and vehicles as the snake catchers warn of many more to come.

Pythons and cobras are fleeing their usual habitats and seeking shelter from the continual rain in some areas of Thailand.

The latest two cases to hit the news were in Hat Yai, Songkhla and were dealt with by the same intrepid team from the Thong Sia Siang Teung foundation reported Thairath.

In the first a PTT customer saw a two meter python slither into a fork lift yard behind the gas station and hole up in one of the vehicles. Attempts to get it out failed so the experts were called in to the yard on the Asia Highway.

Later they found a three meter python incubating eggs in a covered gutter at a house in the Klong Toey area of downtown Hat Yai. Two piles of about 20 eggs were retrieved as the snake was returned to the wild.

Foundation workers said that the continual rains in the city will mean many more cases of snakes finding their way into homes and vehicles over the coming weeks.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-07

Forget snakes in a plane a few years ago on the Songserm a ferry boat from Koh Phangan to Koh Samui I and my wife were sitting next to the Toilet downstairs when a young lady came out with her nickers down by her ankles shouting snake I rushed in only to see the very large tail end of a python slipping down a hole at the back of the toilet my wife refused to ever go on that ferry boat again

Nothing to do whatsoever with the rains but everything to do with unplanned and irresponsible encroachment on the snake's natural habitat driven by greed and corruption.

Maybe a few more penile bites will make people think before building hither thither, willy nilly.....

Good to see snake sightings on the increase of late. Hopefully they will learn to stay far away from the stupidest, nastiest and most dangerous creatures on this planet.......

Nothing to do whatsoever with the rains but everything to do with unplanned and irresponsible encroachment on the snake's natural habitat driven by greed and corruption.

Maybe a few more penile bites will make people think before building hither thither, willy nilly.....

Good to see snake sightings on the increase of late. Hopefully they will learn to stay far away from the stupidest, nastiest and most dangerous creatures on this planet.......

Maybe if there are a few more 'penile' bites, there will be "willy nilly"

Actually rain spawns alot of snakes around my home. Mostly cobras. My pitbull killed around 30 cobras inside our yard during the five years i had him. The last one killed him and that was two years ago. We havent seen any more cobras the last two years but im sure thats because the rain has been minimum.

Im just happy the snake killed the dog instead of a human.

Since i dont have a snake catching dog anymore im kinda worried this year.

Snake bites is nasty stuff.

Edited by Sean87s

I have had many encounters with snakes, whilst living in Los.

One day the missus saw a cobra in the backyard and chased it into a hole under the house. She got a local handy man to cement the hole up, thus the snake would die in the hole of hunger. Well, a week later whilst on a toilet run I saw what looked like a snake slithering around my empty recycled beer bottles. Jesus, I started whipping the bugger with a bath towel and screamed like a girl for the wife. She got the neighbour round who seemed quite used to killing snakes and got the metal part of a mop and beat the snake to death.

Years back when my youngest was a toddler, I saw a shiney black ball like thing behind a dirty old chair in the back garden. I went for a closer look and it was a python. F me, I thought. Got the neighbours round, F me they thought as well. So my missus called the police. Two cops pulled up on their motorcycle. F me they concluded. Eventually a local snake catcher was called in. He looked at me and said "U, nigh? Where is it?" I pointed. He got out a dirty sweat rag and in lightening speed, swooped down and grabbed the python by the head and started to untangle this monster in front of me. The whole neighbourhood was out watching by now. It must have been over 2 metres long. F me I thought again what if that B had eaten my kid.

If your reading this from abroad, pls don't be put of coming to live in Thailand. Snakes are the least of your worries.

Edited by Wilsonandson

Nothing unusual for this time of the year.

Just caught in the garden. My dogs gone crazy, first we didn’t saw any sign of a snake but you could smell it. This python stinks like hell.

They all looking for a quiet place for oviposition and that is now on the rice patty not possible too many people out there who till the fields.

post-135806-0-54888400-1465393956_thumb.

Edited by OttoPollmann