Cobra caught from a toilet in a house in Pathum Thani

Cobra caught from a toilet in a house in Pathum Thani

post-137452-0-31166500-1465125368_thumb.

BANGKOK:-- Rescue workers caught a one-metre cobra from the toilet inside the bedroom of a house in Pathum Thani’s Klong Luang district Saturday night.

Rescue workers from the Po Teck Toeng Foundation were alerted by 191 emergency centre of the sighting of a snake in the toilet by 27-year old Mr Polapat Laokamnerdpetch at about 10.40 pm.

The snake which was later identified as a cobra disappeared into the toilet when the rescue workers arrived at Mr Polapat’s house in Tharn Munkong housing estate in Soi Bongkote 5, Tambon Klong Song.

They then poured insecticide into the toilet to snuff out the cobra. After about half an hour, the snake re-emerged, caught and put inside a bag to be sent to the snake farm at the Thai Red Cross office.

Rescue workers said that the toilet was connected to the sewage and there is no mesh screen to block the sewage tube.

Mr Polapat later told the media that this was the third time that he saw a snake in the toilet inside his bedroom. He said he dare not use the toilet after he twice saw a snake.

However, on Saturday night he went into the bathroom for an observation and saw the head of a snake emerging from the toilet. Then he called 191 for help.

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-05

"Rescue workers said that the toilet was connected to the sewage and there is no mesh screen to block the sewage tube."

From reading these articles I still do not understand how this happens so can someone please explain this, because I do not understand how this happens If the house is connected to a city sewage pipe system. As in the usa many houses are connected to the local sewage system and I have never heard of snakes going through the sewage system and up toilets in peoples' houses.

Or does this mean that the toilet pipe dumps out into an open canal?

If the pipe has a mesh screen on it, how could solid waste get past the mesh screen and not back up into the toliet?

As in the usa many houses are connected to the local sewage system and I have never heard of snakes going through the sewage system and up toilets in peoples' houses.

There are cases reported occasionally in the USA, but not necessarily snakes from the wild, though. A snake in a neighboring house can enter the municipal sewer system and end up coming up in someone else's house. Ditto for within a condo building. Someone's pet gets loose in one condo unit, goes down the plumbing and out into someone else's unit.

Or does this mean that the toilet pipe dumps out into an open canal?

I suspect that's what happens more often in Thailand.

Only in Thailand ... when you see something brown bobbing in the bowl, you cannot always assume that it is a turd.

Perhaps I should make this contraption to sell in TH?

attachicon.gifToilet Grate.jpg

That fitting would obviously be problematic for solid waste.

A sewage check valve (flapper) would be useful.

post-134393-0-96829800-1465267200_thumb.

Archived