sending and receiving in Canadian funds

I tried it when I received a tax rebate from the Canadian government but couldn't find any. Have to convert it to Baht

Yes I understand it seems impossible to do. I get tired of the rates I get and want to get dollars and take to Super Rich exchange. the cash rate there beats TT at banks.You would think some one like Western union could do it.for a fee.

I tried it when I received a tax rebate from the Canadian government but couldn't find any. Have to convert it to Baht

Yes I understand it seems impossible to do. I get tired of the rates I get and want to get dollars and take to Super Rich exchange. the cash rate there beats TT at banks.You would think some one like Western union could do it.for a fee.

Western Union would probably be your best bet. When I inquired at the bank I was told it will take about 4 weeks to get into my account. Eventually I sent the cheque via DHL to my bank in Calgary and did transfers from there. It was over all cheaper as well the banks were going to charge Baht 5000

Western Union would probably be your best bet. When I inquired at the bank I was told it will take about 4 weeks to get into my account. Eventually I sent the cheque via DHL to my bank in Calgary and did transfers from there. It was over all cheaper as well the banks were going to charge Baht 5000

Thanks for your input but this thread isnot about just transferring money it is about sending and receiving Canadian dollars. I have been here for years and can get money but always exchange is done I am looking for a way to get it here in Canadian dollars not baht .

I use Forex you can PM for details. Last time I lost about .23 of a baht exchange. I can send you the link where you list your dollar amount you want to transfer and it gives you the market rate. If you take your Visa card to Bangkok Bank and get a cash advance the cost is close to 1% You need a passport for this and the money should be in your Visa account in advance as the interest is terrible. All these services suck it just a matter of finding the one that sucks the least. This area is ripe for some kind of alternate currency.

Edited by elgordo38

I presume that what you want ultimately is baht. Tell your bank when sending to do the conversion on the Thai end. It is cheaper that way.

Yes in the end I want baht. But I want canadian cash to buy it with in Bangkok,and buy it at Super Rich exchange. Super Rich gives an exchange rate for cash that is better than the banks TT What I am looking for is a way to get my money here in Canadian Dollars. I am tired of being ripped off by ATM's ,exchange rates.

I presume that what you want ultimately is baht. Tell your bank when sending to do the conversion on the Thai end. It is cheaper that way.

Yes in the end I want baht. But I want canadian cash to buy it with in Bangkok,and buy it at Super Rich exchange. Super Rich gives an exchange rate for cash that is better than the banks TT What I am looking for is a way to get my money here in Canadian Dollars. I am tired of being ripped off by ATM's ,exchange rates.
Banks would not be an option, you'd have to send cash.

I do not know personally as I always transfer into baht here myself but....

I would think it possible if you have a Foreign Currency Account setup in Thailand

to wire funds into?

As an example this info from Bangkok Bank

Whether you’re a foreigner or Thai national, you can open a foreign currency deposit account in any of 14 currencies.

This is a convenient way to protect yourself from currency risks, save on transaction fees if you receive income in a

foreign currency, and act quickly when exchange rates move in your favor.

A foreign currency account can be opened as a savings,

fixed deposit or current account and can be accessed online

via Bualuang iBanking to view account balances and transfer funds into your local baht account.

You can also transfer funds to an overseas account or withdraw foreign bank notes from your account.

The minimum initial deposit is USD 1,000 or the equivalent in another currency.

Edited by mania

I do not know personally as I always transfer into baht here myself but....

I would think it possible if you have a Foreign Currency Account setup in Thailand

to wire funds into?

As an example this info from Bangkok Bank

Whether you’re a foreigner or Thai national, you can open a foreign currency deposit account in any of 14 currencies.

This is a convenient way to protect yourself from currency risks, save on transaction fees if you receive income in a

foreign currency, and act quickly when exchange rates move in your favor.

A foreign currency account can be opened as a savings,

fixed deposit or current account and can be accessed online

via Bualuang iBanking to view account balances and transfer funds into your local baht account.

You can also transfer funds to an overseas account or withdraw foreign bank notes from your account.

The minimum initial deposit is USD 1,000 or the equivalent in another currency.

Thank You Mania.

I think this is exactly what I need.Looks like I cam transfer the cash exchange at will as I see need or feel exchange rate is favorable.for my Canadian currency.

Thank you again

Edited by lovelomsak