Patong cafe clash leaves one dead

webfact

Patong cafe clash leaves one dead
Phuket Gazette

kar.jpeg
Mr Rachan and Mr Wichithep were attacked at the Lanla Karaoke bar in Patong. Photo: Winai Sarot

PHUKET: -- One man is dead and another wounded after they were attacked outside a karaoke venue in Patong during the early hours of the morning.

According to Patong police reports, the fight began in the Mon Can Cafe at 2:30am. “Rachan Banlangsuang, 32, said he was finishing a shift waiting tables at the cafe, when he and the cashier, a man we are identifying at this time as Mr Ble, 26, got into an argument over the evening's take amount of money from the evening,” said Col Chaiwat Auikam of Patong Police.

Mr Ble reportedly grabbed a knife and cut Mr Rachan’s arm. Mr Rachan went to Patong Hospital for the injury, before returning to Mon Can Cafe. Wichithep Jomjabok, 28, accompanied Mr Rachan to speak with Mr Ble, who is his cousin.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Patong-cafe-clash-leaves-one-dead/64024?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-06-07

Scary.

Scary it is and with the direction that law and disorder is going in Thailand it is going to get a lot worse. Making sure not being in the wrong place at the wrong time is now a critical part of survival in everyday life in many parts of the country. And that is without the future potential of political unrest.

Scary.

Scary it is and with the direction that law and disorder is going in Thailand it is going to get a lot worse. Making sure not being in the wrong place at the wrong time is now a critical part of survival in everyday life in many parts of the country. And that is without the future potential of political unrest.

True.......always remember........BAHT is number 1.......wai.gif

Six men wanted for Patong karaoke fatal stabbing

post-249866-0-38017000-1465298280_thumb.

PHUKET: -- Police are hunting for six suspects over a fatal stabbing at karaoke bar in Patong early this morning (June 7).

Lt Col Anukul Nookaid of the Patong Police and his team of officers, along with Kusoldharm rescue workers, arrived at the Lanla Karaoke bar on Phang Muang Sai Kor Rd at 5:20am.

In front of the bar, they found 32-year-old Rachan Banlangsuong with a slash wounds on his back and head. He was taken to Patong Hospital.

Inside the venue was the body of 27-year-old Wijit Jomjabok, who worked at the Lanla Karaoke. He had been stabbed in the left side of his chest and had multiple slash wounds on his face. His body was taken to Patong Hospital.

“Rachan said that he had an argument with Nattapong Simog and Aitsara Bunthod at the Moncan Karaoke, where the three worked,” said Col Anukul.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/six-men-wanted-for-patong-karaoke-fatal-stabbing-57765.php#w1GGd1q4dtq3hLl8.97

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-06-07

Wow, glad I got out just as the madness was starting, its not the happy go lucky place Thailand used to be. I know deaths and crimes do happen all over the world but its the type of mad things that happen in Thailand are just so scary. Good luck to all those still hanging in there stay safe and be extra careful.

Wow, glad I got out just as the madness was starting, its not the happy go lucky place Thailand used to be. I know deaths and crimes do happen all over the world but its the type of mad things that happen in Thailand are just so scary. Good luck to all those still hanging in there stay safe and be extra careful.

I haven't found it necessary to get out of Thailand.

I just ensure I don't get involved in arguments with drunken Thais, Burmese or others at karaoke halls, card games or similar. Much the same way as I don't get involved with drunken Aboriginals, Croats or Serbs in nightclubs in Northbridge, Perth. I'm sure the streets of Bristol are just as mad in the early hours of the morning.

Common sense is all that's needed to stay clear of the madness that drugs and drink bring out of people everywhere these days.

I haven't found it necessary to get out of Thailand.

I just ensure I don't get involved in arguments with drunken Thais, Burmese or others at karaoke halls, card games or similar. Much the same way as I don't get involved with drunken Aboriginals, Croats or Serbs in nightclubs in Northbridge, Perth. I'm sure the streets of Bristol are just as mad in the early hours of the morning.

Common sense is all that's needed to stay clear of the madness that drugs and drink bring out of people everywhere these days.

Common sense and being street wise indeed is the key.

Unfortunately here the "tolerance" levels are so much lower then other countries, it seems to go from calm to homicidal in the blink of an eye. i put it down to the stupid, old and out of place "face" issue and the seeming inability for many Thai people to deal with confrontation without letting it get out of control.

drunk thai men are more dangerous than wild animals, stay away as far as you can.

I get on the beers with Thai men frequently....none of them are wild animals.....just enjoy the drink and laugh a lot.

What's that behind you?

Your shadow....run.....