Bangkok Is Boring!

chrisjune

haha i guess i am a bit uninformed...i don't really have much money so i guess that's a problem also...

thanks for all the info though...i'm going to go check out some of those places you guys mentioned...i bought the 600 baht BTS card, so i'll be checking out more areas in bangkok...i think i'll start with siam sqaure.

last time i came to thailand, i did all the touristy stuff like i mentioned... i did the trekking up north, went to the golden triangle, stayed in guesthouses, did the boat tours and dinner cruises, train rides, etc. this time, i'm just looking to make some lasting friendships and find travelling partners...

thanks again for all the info! =)

haha i guess i am a bit uninformed...i don't really have much money so i guess that's a problem also...

thanks for all the info though...i'm going to go check out some of those places you guys mentioned...i bought the 600 baht BTS card, so i'll be checking out more areas in bangkok...i think i'll start with siam sqaure.

last time i came to thailand, i did all the touristy stuff like i mentioned... i did the trekking up north, went to the golden triangle, stayed in guesthouses, did the boat tours and dinner cruises, train rides, etc. this time, i'm just looking to make some lasting friendships and find travelling partners...

Ask Mummy for some pocket money :o

Nana plaza it is then :D:o:D

Your not going to have fun riding the BTS around. You think malls are fun? Wow, Im your age and from Chicago too but there is no way I ride the BTS checking out shopping malls all day.

There are tons of cool things to do.

well then maybe you can give him some tips...or even hook up with him?? :o

krazyboi...maybe u can try painting or drawing? doesnt cost too much...and you can explore the city on BTS/foot to nearby places around town...and maybe you will come across interesting subjects of local lifestyle/ places worth capturing on your drawing? (but i do agree with the out and away from shopping malls)

also you could try strike up conversation with some youngsters selling artsy stuff on khaosarn road. these tend to be uni art students, selling their products to make a bit of extra pocket money. you might make some interesting friends?

good luck and hope you have a nice time in thailand

hel_l siam square, novatell not to bad, go down Soi Cowboy and find yourself some indians,

Do you like Thai food? Try different dishes and if you look on the internet, there are many places where you can learn to cook it and cheaply too. When I was in Thailand, I woke up every day and felt glad and priviliged to be in such an interesting place. It's so easy to meet Thais or Westerners or even the odd Korean or Japanese and other nationalities there. You have to make a bit of an effort though but less than in most places. I've lived in London and Brussels - neither comes close to BKK.

Trollster or not, or just a thread to generate traffic it's still a useful query,

I would suggest to first get the basics out of the way:

Go into any Hotel Lobby or Trav Agent and grab a handful of brochures,

Do the Klong /River Cruise, The Palace, The Rose Garden, The Ayutthaya Ruins, ...

Then start hitting some Markets, Malls, ...

Mo Chit weekend market, (check out some of the animal critters traded),

Pantip Plaza, (check out what's hot, what's not in electronics, pick up some software),

Read and chill in one of the many parks, (Lumpini, Benjasiri, ...)

Hit a coffee shop, send some mail while looking out the window ....

Tried of the evening carnival at Nana, Cowboy and Patpong ..., then head down Soi 31 to some of the Art Bars,

Clubbing, many choices from Chill to House to Hop ...,

Hard Rock always has some excellent local talent albeit a bit staid for some,

Get your ears cleaned, your feet massaged, and other ....

Re-listen to "One Night in Bangkok", (Robbie Williams), for further inspiration,

If you still find yourself bored in Bkk, you'll find yourself bored most anywhere, :o

I am a little confused here. You are 23 years old, an American and you have been dragged to Thailand by your mum with no plan. Don't make the same mistakes as I did. You should be thinking about working and learning saleable skills.

This is a dull post, I know, but some details are missing here.

hey...thanks for all the info again!

i wanted to learn the thai language so i enrolled at the UTL (Unity Thai Language) school..had my first class today and it was pretty fun...met some new people there, which was cool...

i'm beginning to like thai food, although i've only tried pad thai, ?kwe tee oh?, and went to a thai buffet where you cook your own meat...not bad at all

i really want to try the sticky rice with mango and coconut milk...mmmmm, sounds yummy! anyone know where i can find a place that has that?

oh yea, i checked out siam paragon...holy freakin moly, i've never been to such a nice mall before! and it's so HUGE! WOW

and im not a troll! or maybe i just don't know what a troll is...hmm

Hunt girls, its open season and no bag limit

Krazyboi, take Nam's advice. A guy of your age should be having a very good time in Bangkok. You'll kick yourself in the years to come if you don't.

First get some cash. without it, go to bed for the rest of your stay.

if you are studying hook up with some freinds and try ratchada soi 4. cheap thai clubs and a younger 19-25 yr old thai set. lots bars and crappy hip hop but crawling with cuties.

sukhumvit soi 11 is having a dj festival late this month - many international acts will be at bed and qbar back to back. Steve lawler and louie vega are both playing on the same night dec 4th. or just head out there any night of the week.

The tunnel has just opened on lang suan, there have been problems with the police, but i am tiold they have been sorted. latenight.

Go to RCA (royal city avenue) there are about 20 clubs at rca and again, generally a young, very pretty crowd. Check out route 66 at rca-- if you can take the laem music, you willl be rewarded. Slim and flix can be pretty good as well.

Pollys on langsuan has some decent djs, tapas on silom soi 4 can be good, but it has been in a bit of a slump lately.

Then there is nana, cowboy patpong and all those things that give bangkok its reputation. At 23 they should be paying you anyway.

Try the weekend market Chatuchak. youve seen paragon, now go down market.

Khaosan is good if you want to meet people who already have diaharrea(sp?) or are expecting it. There are also a fair few young ladies there who would love to meet you, that is assuming you arent a total git.

dont isten to people who tell you that bangkok isnt boring but offer up no infomation to prove otherwise.

Eat seafood on the corner of thonglor.

Sorry I'm still interested.

Have you been brought to Thailand against your will? There are huge chunks of your story which have remained hidden. If you feel comfortable telling us how you find yourself in Bangkok with nothing to do, please do.

I find myself in Bangkok with little to do, but it has been a gradual process evolving over many years. You seem to skipped a few steps!

Well I assume this is not the forum where you want to reveal your life story. I don't blame you.

Do think carefully about what you hope to be doing and where (financially and career-wise) you want to be in, say, 15 years' time.

If you are not independently wealthy and do not hold Thai nationality, your chances of advancement are restricted here both by circumstances and the law. How long do you intend to stay in BKK? 23 yrs old becomes 33 yrs old very quickly.

i arrived a couple days ago and haven't found anything fun to do here in bangkok...i went to Tesco Lotus and looked around and ate some food at the food court...i saw some people dancing and playing live music behind the Tesco Lotus at nighttime...got a haircut at a local spot for 40 baht...rode the skytrain...rode the motorcycle taxi...

haven't found anything else to do... :D

so what else is there to do over here for a 23 year old male? i live near sukhumvit 51...someone please help me!!!!!!!!!

Go Play in Toys R Us.. :o

i arrived a couple days ago and haven't found anything fun to do here in bangkok...i went to Tesco Lotus and looked around and ate some food at the food court...i saw some people dancing and playing live music behind the Tesco Lotus at nighttime...got a haircut at a local spot for 40 baht...rode the skytrain...rode the motorcycle taxi...

haven't found anything else to do... :D

so what else is there to do over here for a 23 year old male? i live near sukhumvit 51...someone please help me!!!!!!!!!

Go Play in Toys R Us.. :o

ive been in bkk for a year and a half now and i just can't believe that you find it boring...

since i came im enjoying each day of it,and all of them seems to be really different one from an other.

in bkk there is this contrast ,it goes from stylish clubs to cheap stauls,temples,parks...

i mean there isnt a day (most of the time) when i don't go out (just if im on a serious painting)

there is just one thing i want to tell you money doesnt make it all

already went out with 40baths in my pocket,and still ive enjoyed my day... :D