Help needed for Tiger Boxer 200 Engine

Hi,
This is Nouman from Pakistan.Traveling and bike modifications are my hobbies .
i need some help related to Tiger boxer's engine.
I am attaching the images of 2 engines which were removed from tiger boxer 200 thai police bikes.I found these engines from scrapyards.
Although these engines are 200cc but there is a little shape difference from clutch box side.

i suppose one engine is from Tiger boxer 200PX and the other one is from Tiger boxer ST200.
Please help me what are the specifications of these engines and difference between both of them and which one is better in terms of performance.

Waiting for your replies.
thanks

post-260421-0-06781300-1465365326_thumb.

post-260421-0-35407100-1465365331_thumb.

post-260421-0-30918200-1465365337_thumb.

s, most parts where made by Zongshen, Tiger motorcycle at different stages and different motivations used it's own clutch cover. The first batch of 200cc Tiger police bikes had the standard Zongshen clutch cover without brand name, later Tiger Motorcycle started to produce several parts including the clutch cover themselves.

thanks for the reply

So in above images the engine which is placed on right is older???

Also are both engines in the above images have same performance(top speed wise)?

As i am going to install one of these engine into my trail so wanted your suggestion which one would be better to have.

I am attaching the image of my trail in which i will install it.

I am more interested in engine specification like
Horse power
Torque

Max RPM etc

s, most parts where made by Zongshen, Tiger motorcycle at different stages and different motivations used it's own clutch cover. The first batch of 200cc Tiger police bikes had the standard Zongshen clutch cover without brand name, later Tiger Motorcycle started to produce several parts including the clutch cover themselves.

post-260421-0-70958000-1465372194_thumb.

Edited by noumanarshad

So in above images the engine which is placed on right is older???

It would be hard to tell which engine is older, by just looking at it… Tiger Motorcycles used a few times a the standard Zongshen clutch cover – so that doesn't tell much…

Maybe helpful for you, is a copy of the Tiger Boxer 200 owners manual… See link http://www.motorcycle.in.th/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=9

Technically the two engines are identical, they produce about 17 horsepower at a relative low rpm... Sorry I cannot remember all specs...

Maybe helpful for you, is a copy of the Tiger Boxer 200 owners manual… See link http://www.motorcycle.in.th/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=9

Technically the two engines are identical, they produce about 17 horsepower at a relative low rpm... Sorry I cannot remember all specs...

Thanks @Richard for the manual.

I will be very happy if its really produces 17 horsepower.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally installed the engine.

Right now its not crossing 80KM/h as i think its due to the sprocket size which i am using.

Current sprocket setup is 14T at front and 65T at rear.

Things needs to be replaced

1- Carb

2- Clutch plates

For the clutch plates you can contact BikeCare Co. Ltd, which is a Thai company that still supplies spare parts for the Tiger Motorcycles... The contact is Mr. Pariya Manomaiphibul [email protected] (not sure they will export, but never try is always no)... By the way your motorcycle build looks good....

Edited by Richard-BKK

For the clutch plates you can contact BikeCare Co. Ltd, which is a Thai company that still supplies spare parts for the Tiger Motorcycles... The contact is Mr. Pariya Manomaiphibul [email protected] (not sure they will export, but never try is always no)... By the way your motorcycle build looks good....

Thanks @Richard-BKK for the contact info. I will sure contact Mr. Pariya about the spare parts details.

I'm surprised you can get 80 out of it with a 65T rear sprocket.

Check ChinaRiders forum out, it's an American forum with just about everything you ever need to know about the 200/230 cc Dual Sport bikes. lots of info on sprockets, carbs etc.

I'm surprised you can get 80 out of it with a 65T rear sprocket.

Check ChinaRiders forum out, it's an American forum with just about everything you ever need to know about the 200/230 cc Dual Sport bikes. lots of info on sprockets, carbs etc.

Thanks i will reduce it to 43T at rear.

Regarding carburetor i have managed to find PZ30 in the local market which is working fine with this engine.