Breakers yards in CM

mickmac

Anyone able to help me. I need an automatic transmission for Ford Focus 2.0 litre, 4yrs old. Have been quoted 136,000 for a new one from Ford dealership. Am looking to source a secondhand one, as it should be much cheaper than the dealership one. Any idea where I could get one. Joolz from the Bamboo Bar has already suggested the breakers down near the station. Anyone else know of any other breakers of late model cars.

Thanks

Mickmac

Rung Roy Auto Part on the 1006 road.

In front of the shop you can see second hand truck cabs and If you turn on the soi you will see they have all kind of car parts.

I bought steering rack for my Nissan there.

Further down the soi, there is have a huge warehouse with engine and transmission. I bought engine mount there.

GPS

18.781577, 99.035320

I hope this help you

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick follow up:- Got a secondhand transmission from place down by railway station, total cost with replacement work was 33,000 baht. This beats the pants off the 136,000 Baht Ford originally quoted, (albeit using a new transmission, they eventually came down to 120,000 baht, but still very expensive. Thanks to all the guys that posted helpful suggestions.

Regards

Mickmac

Just a quick follow up:- Got a secondhand transmission from place down by railway station, total cost with replacement work was 33,000 baht. This beats the pants off the 136,000 Baht Ford originally quoted, (albeit using a new transmission, they eventually came down to 120,000 baht, but still very expensive. Thanks to all the guys that posted helpful suggestions.

Regards

Mickmac

Did they do the installation also?

Regards

Mickmac

Did they do the installation also?

It sounds like they did. "...total cost with replacement work..."

Apparently breaker's yard = junkyard.

That's right, junkyard.

As in, "​mean as a junkyard dog."

Somehow ​"breaker's yard dog" just doesn't cut it.

Breaker's yard as in where they break cars up and sell the parts. Makes sense no?

Hi Taotoo,

It was a like for like replacement, after some 4 years use, (not abused either), the automatic transmission failed. Needless to say I'm not impressed with Ford's "reliability", and will not be looking to buy another in the near future.

Hi Taotoo,

It was a like for like replacement, after some 4 years use, (not abused either), the automatic transmission failed. Needless to say I'm not impressed with Ford's "reliability", and will not be looking to buy another in the near future.

That's shocking - a bit of goodwill from Ford and the rest of us would be none the wiser..

That's right, junkyard.

Breaker's yard as in where they break cars up and sell the parts. Makes sense no?

No. it doesn't. The word car is missing. Does that make sense ??

That's right, junkyard.

No. it doesn't. The word car is missing. Does that make sense ??

Where is the word 'car' in junkyard? I don't see it.

How many KM did you drive?

Just curious, as a car transmission should do at least 150.000-200.000 km before it needs replacement.

Oddly enough there are many brands that have bullet proof boxes that go on & on & on......

Very - very low failure rates on the Japanese brands....

No reason they should go down between 150-200K.....