iPhone purchased in USA charges ridiculously slow in thailand

Try another charger. They do malfunction and go bad. Make sure that the charger that you use is putting out 2.0 maH or more. Computer shops should have a tester.

What model iPhone?

What charging method are you using?

What are the specs on the charging unit?

Can you frame "ridiculously slow" in standard units of time?

Using a ~ 2 amp output (with 5 V DC) you start to approach the iPnone 6/Lightning capacity of 12 watts. If you are using a 1 amp supply then it will take at least twice as long.

It charged faster in the U.S. than here, using the exact same charger? Not sure that makes any sense.

Some external battery packs have two USB supplies, one with 1 amp output and the other for 2 amps.

Maybe read up on your iPhone mode/slow charging. This seems to be a common problem, with multiple causes and solutions.

Chargers rated at 1 Amp charges very slow compare to the 2 Amps one. Make sure the charger is not very warm or hot, it may be defective if it is very warm to touch - cheap no brand chargers tend to have a high defective rate. Voltage don't make a difference as pretty much all chargers are rated 110-240v. I've learn my lesson with cheap no branded chargers, pay more and buy a branded one.

In general to conserve battery and decrease charge time,,

1) Double press home button

Swipe to close all apps frequently

2) Turn off wifi if connecting via cellular

3) Put phone on airplane mode when charging. It turns off all services and charges 40% faster. Remember to turn on when finished.

I have experienced similar poor charging and believe it to be defective charger and or cord related. Genuine apple charger and cord from 100% reputable supplier is my recommendation.

In the US it would take me 20 minutes to go 50 - 100%. ??

Perhaps thats because power is bigger & better in America

cheesy.gif

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Always funny what idea users have about charging a phone battery.

All charging happens through some type of AC/DC adapter.

The 110 V (US) or 220 V (Thailand) AC is converted to some low voltage DC (like 5V at a USB port).

The required power is less than what you need for a neon tube.

From the previous post:

Lightning port may or may not have collected dust.

That is one of the hints that you find when you do the obvious "google research" for "iphone charge slow".

Others are about a SW update, failing "lightning" cables etc.

As I don't have and will never have an Apple product I am dependent on Google in this case.

After reading through a stack of those iPhone charging troubleshooters I happily returned to my cheapo Samsung tongue.png

It charged faster in the U.S. than here, using the exact same charger? Not sure that makes any sense.

Upon reflection, increased ambient temperatures might increase charging time, perhaps even approaching 2X (at either/both extreme)?