Proof of income for a Dutch national

See what you mean - your Embassy web site seems to ignore that subject but suspect it will be a Consular Deceleration but not sure of what paperwork might be required (they also seem to gloss over that in most cases).

Because forum is designed to help answer such questions in an informal manner. Suspect Embassy would not be very happy to answer routine questions when closed. But if no Dutch can answer perhaps he will tomorrow.

I once had to get an IB60 (inkomensverklaring) from the tax office.. and after that they made a letter I had enough income.

many thanks, but my money will be provided by my pension.

So.. the dutch tax office knows how much that is and when you aks an IB60 its official and then the embassy can certify it. You can fiddle with pension papers but not with those of the tax office (harder anyway)

That was when I did it but it was way back.

I once had to get an IB60 (inkomensverklaring) from the tax office.. and after that they made a letter I had enough income.

So.. the dutch tax office knows how much that is and when you aks an IB60 its official and then the embassy can certify it. You can fiddle with pension papers but not with those of the tax office (harder anyway)

That was when I did it but it was way back.

many thanks I'll try to check it out

As far as I know, the good news - still is - that you can write down ANY income you like as there will be NO verification of your income.

Very, very strange but true! A lot of Dutch people use this way to stay in Thailand although they do not meet the qualification if it comes to income.

PS this is well know among the Dutch people...

...I had recent contact with the Department of Social Security Thailand about another matter...their response was only Dutch Nationals need to prove they have been in Thailand for the past year by getting a Stat Dec from their embassy and bring it to the DSST...they will then arrange your pension payment to you here in Thailand.

Here is an excerpt from my query with the DSST....

• I am not from the Netherlands. (Netherlands citizens and the Netherlands Government are the only country that have an agreement called the SVB (Sociale Verzekeringsbank) whereby payments are made to them after they verify they are residing in Thailand for the current year starting October each year. See link to their web-site http://www.svb.nl/int/en/over_de_svb/index.jsp

The head office of the DSST is as follows -

Department of Social Security Thailand

88/28 Moo 4, Tivanond Rd.

T. Talard/Kwan A. Muang

Nonthaburi. Thailand 11000

(Phone: 022481506 or Call Center on 1506. If you are in Chiang Mai 053112629).

I hope this information is of some help 'colin...'.

Edited by tandor

Is Major Hollywood immigration office still operating after the fire last month?

You are way off topic posting your question here.

I have seen nothing stating they are closed. Perhaps try calling them to find out, Major Hollywood Suksawat, Tel. : 0-2463-2040 , 0-2463-2044-6

At the site of the Dutch embassy you can download a form called "inkomensverklaring voor Thaise immigratie". You have to fill this in and send to the embassy together with a copy of your passport, a stamped return envelop with name and address and 1.300 baht or 26,25 euro. They don't need income statements, because they don't check anything! I taks about a week or a week and a half to get it returned.

All the information can be found following this link: http://thailand.nlambassade.org/shared/burgerzaken/burgerzaken%5B2%5D/consulaire-verklaringen?selectedLocalDoc=consulaire-verklaringen---thailand

It's quite easy!

Good luck!

Edited by hilfinad
  • Like 1