Pissed up monks defrocked - but they say they will just find another temple to keep on boozing

webfact

The people should sop giving money to the temple and their Lazy good for nothing Monks,,,,The Monks in the Netherlands they are Self sufficient ,,,they don't get any money for nothing ,,,,they have their own Farms for cattle / pigs/vegies They make their own cheese /butter,, and the Trappist Monks make Trappistenbier ,,,Viola No Bludgers and begging for food and money,,, thumbsup.gifwai2.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it the male version of being a bar girl? .... become a Monk for an easy/lazy/free life? ......

Obviously not taring everybody with the same brush. there are also good Monks out there.

no, but that's quite a reach. Most foreigners will view monks as lazy because monks aren't a part of their home countries culture (let's face it though they're adding to that rep by being deviants). They just don't have the desire or ability to understand.

In the UK we have monks But they are self sufficient and do not beg. They give up modern technology and live a simple life practicing their religion.

Thai monks are just parasites that prey on peoples generosity and gullibility.

You would never see a British monk with the latest iphone

It is about time the temples got their monks in order. If they cannot or will not do it, the government must.

Anybody can be a monk especially if they want to hide or be above the law, which most monks appear to be

In recent times the temple has been abused, and it is a sad reflection of life in Thailand, even the clergy are on the take.

Their so called brazenness saying they would just go elsewhere and get ordained again is just as much a statement of fact as this, and so many other examples, indicates that discipline within the monk hood is as lax as that of the general population.

As with the lack of enforcement by the BIB etc the Buddhist hierarchy don't seem too bothered about enforcing discipline either but as recent events prove they're too busy doing other important things.

Hey...................if the money keeps coming despite everything ..............thats all you need to know about Thai Buddhism

Monks think about themselves only. They do not care about people.

Many men go into monkhood only to make money/ drink / fornicate/ gamble.

Yes not only Buddist monks, Christian church has had its fair share of scandal.

What a deluded negative post!

Monks practice compassion, taking in stray dogs that nobody wants, alcoholics to try to help them sober up, again nobody else wants or can help them.

Many men do NOT go into the monkhood to make money, gamble, drink and fornicate. This is total nonsense. You are really deluded if you think this and so are the people who "liked" your post. Get off this forum and go out into the real world. Visit temples and talk to the monks, there are some very wise, good men out there. Just because there are a few bad ones, which are posted about her on the news doesn't make them all bad, think rationally please.

I've noticed you are very bitter towards the country you are, I presume, living in. Maybe it's time to move on if you haven't been pressured into building a house in Nakhon Nowhere.smile.png

Isn't it the male version of being a bar girl? .... become a Monk for an easy/lazy/free life? ......

Obviously not taring everybody with the same brush. there are also good Monks out there.

no, but that's quite a reach. Most foreigners will view monks as lazy because monks aren't a part of their home countries culture (let's face it though they're adding to that rep by being deviants). They just don't have the desire or ability to understand.

In the UK we have monks But they are self sufficient and do not beg. They give up modern technology and live a simple life practicing their religion.

LOL, British Thai monks are better than Thai Thai monks.

You obviously know little about why and how the monks are chosen to go to the UK.

You obviously don't know that many men join the monkhood for a week or less. These are the ones you usually see with the iphones etc.

Let's face it, you know nothing about being a monk, so just put a sock in it!

I've been a monk and assure you it is not an easy way out, it was very hard work physically, mentally and spiritually.

If something bad happens to you today, you'll know why. Seriously, karma works in mysterious ways. Insulting the Sangha is not a wise thing to do.

Oh Yes, lets keep giving to the temple for an income for lazy Thais so they don't have to work also so some can continue to fly in privet jets and own expensive cars. This kind of makes our buggering priest look like the angles they claim to be.LOL

Oh Yes, lets keep giving to the temple for an income for lazy Thais so they don't have to work also so some can continue to fly in privet jets and own expensive cars. This kind of makes our buggering priest look like the angles they claim to be.LOL

Come on, how many had a private jet? One! How many own expensive cars?

Another thing, some genuine monks come from rich families.

...so hide their faces....???

...duhh....

one would think...fingerprint them...and distribute copies of their ID cards...especially to all temples....

...makes no bl**dy sense....

..they clearly stated they will never stop...

...or arrest them for dirtying the image of Thailand and Buddhism...???

....keep them locked up until they sober up...???

You obviously know little about why and how the monks are chosen to go to the UK.

You obviously don't know that many men join the monkhood for a week or less. These are the ones you usually see with the iphones etc.

I've been a monk and assure you it is not an easy way out, it was very hard work physically, mentally and spiritually.

I was talking about real monks usually British not Thai imports. Try reading the post before you comment.

So just like normal people then.

Not really.

Normal people do not truly believe that they are made of teflon.

No I dont understand.

My view of Budhism is the total opposite to Thai Budhism.

Just as I can't understand a Christian who hates blacks and gays.

Practice what you preach

Edited by MorristheRunt

They do beg, this is how they recieve the food they eat day to day. I used to know a couple of them over there - they're good monks but Buddhism is relatively new over there (in comparison with SE Asia).

The branches of Ajahn Chah are really doing their part, and I hope they do for a long, long time.

I was talking about real monks usually British not Thai imports. Try reading the post before you comment.

"Thai monks are just parasites that prey on peoples generosity and gullibility."

One day you might regret you ever said that. Do you ever plan to get married here, buy a house or generally live a normal life? Are you going to ignore all monks in the future? How very sad. How about if you die, I hope you have left a will so as not to be cremated by these parasites.

Not sure The Buddha expected His Teaching to be abused by some the way I see in Thailand !! Of course someone will come back to this comment happens in all faiths", which is true, but not right either !!

At any given time there are about 2.5 million monks in Thailand. We could fill each and every newspaper on each and every day with good things being done. But we ALL know that's not news.

If and when monks live by the vinaya there's no problem. This is the case in most temples. There are nowadays strict rules for (officially) entering, including background checks. It's usually smaller, remote temples where these things occur. It would take quite an extensive system to keep tabs on people just ordaining themselves eg putting on monk's clothes.

And yes, this should be put in place. Pretending to be a monk is actually a criminal offence. We must differentiate between monks who join the Sangha for educational purposes and those who have a calling, meditate, teach and help the sick and poor.

Help the sick and poor!! Surely you jest.

Monks spend their lives scrounging off the poor, going door to door everyday shaming poor people into giving.

A short time ago two (so called ) monks stopped outside my gate 10.30am asking for money, i went and got money gave them 20 baht each

ONE MONK THREW THE 20 BAHT DOWN, and said to me roi nung, now as most of us know roi nung is 100 baht.

He went away empty handed.

What a deluded negative post!

Monks practice compassion, taking in stray dogs that nobody wants, alcoholics to try to help them sober up, again nobody else wants or can help them.

Many men do NOT go into the monkhood to make money, gamble, drink and fornicate. This is total nonsense. You are really deluded if you think this and so are the people who "liked" your post. Get off this forum and go out into the real world. Visit temples and talk to the monks, there are some very wise, good men out there. Just because there are a few bad ones, which are posted about her on the news doesn't make them all bad, think rationally please.

I've noticed you are very bitter towards the country you are, I presume, living in. Maybe it's time to move on if you haven't been pressured into building a house in Nakhon Nowhere.smile.png

Looks like me speaking the truth has upset you.

Please take off your rose tinted glasses and see what is happening in the real world.

These guys in robes are not setting a good example.Budda will forgive them though, as they are Thai

Buddha is not forgiving anyone, he is dead and Buddhists don't believe in a God

Odd how 4 alcoholic monks were 'damaging buddhism' but nobody has a word to say against the psychopathic Buddha Issara.

Mind you, buddhism does a pretty good job of bringing itself into disrepute. Drunken monks helpful but not required.

Winnie