Good Brands for gas stove/oven/range hood combos? Mex or Axia...

Manassas

Putting in a small new kitchen. Will do built in for the stove hob plus exhaust hood and oven. Many brands to choose from. Mex seems like one mid-range brand with good reviews, Sales people at HomePro pushing a new brand called Axia. But can't find any reviews of this brand. Anybody familiar with Axia appliances?

Just info from my experience: mechanical timers seem to crap out fast here - don't know why but 3 for me so far. So, you may want to go with electronic version if that is important. (I use kitchen timer anyway) I'm guessing the higher the watt rating is better for pre-heat. My Electrolux takes FOREVER to pre-heat. (sticker says 2.7KW)

• 10 months later...
On Fri Jun 10 2016 at 1:00 PM, MJCM said:

Personally never heard of Axia.

I would go with either SMEG (Expensive) or Teka and else MEX.

MEX is rubbish like everthing  else  that's made in Thailand stay away from that Brand.

Some kitchen appliance brands have proper providence. Other brands sold at both chain home improvement stores and independent family stores are just Chinese products sold by a marketing company with no actual spare parts, no actual service centers and no regional trained repair service technicians. I have bought Siemens, Fagor, and Teka kitchen appliances. Different warranty policies and way different actual location of repair service technicians who are properly trained and will come to a home in Buriram Province. To me it is simple. At the store look at the brochure of the kitchen appliance. Call the customer service telephone number and see what day they will come to fix your oven in your province. See if you get a run around or some sense of customer service. Same deal on which brand of toilets and taps will be fixed in your province in a timely fashion. To be fair, Home Pro in Korat was clear to me that Fagor charged a travel fee for any warranty repairs in Buriram Province since at that time they did not have a regional appliance repair center in Isaan. Lucky Flame has a huge showroom in Bangkok at Bangna Central which offers some HOB far superior to typical Lucky Flame cookers on display in Isaan. 

• 1 year later...
On 4/16/2017 at 1:38 PM, Eli1 said:

MEX is rubbish like everthing  else  that's made in Thailand stay away from that Brand.

On 6/10/2016 at 1:00 PM, MJCM said:

Personally never heard of Axia.

I would go with either SMEG (Expensive) or Teka and else MEX.

I’ve a MEX brand/model stove top bought at Global Udon Thani.

No problems nephew accidentally broke the top of igniter front left. I took itapart and three other igniters can get to but not front left.

any suggestions for part or manual that show how to replace.

i know nothing of igniter but left front looks like can be replaced from top? Anyone know?

Thanks 

• 7 months later...
On 4/16/2017 at 1:38 PM, Eli1 said:

I have this brand in a brand new condo that I am renting.

The thing gets scratched so easily and it seems like it is impossible to remove stains.

I guess my deposit will be gone on the stovetop alone.

Archived