Computer Repairs Chiang Mai

Remo

I have a problem with my laptop it was showing a blank screen when I booted up

So I booted up in safe mode and scheduled an error check selecting my C drive which was the problem

I ran the CHDSK prog and it cleaned the drive but just keep on leaving me the message "please prepare while your computer restarts"

It doesnt restart after that point

Brief history 16 month VIAO AGN397 running on XP,

I know its not a "very serious" problem but a problem that need to be fixed ASAP

With the demise of the Chiang Mai Mail publication I have lost the number of the "farang" who offered his PC skills in the classifieds

Does anyone know his number or alternatively PM me if you understand the problem and can fix it.

I am central Chiang Mai, can travel as its a laptop

Any takers?

Look forward to any responses and if you cant come here or s central"ish" I can meet you

or I have my own transport

Because of experience i would rather not deal with "pantip plaza" recomendations - unless someone has been very very happy

Edited by Remo

I use an English speaking guy in Chiang Mai North Plaza (on the superhighway). Go up the stairs to the second floor, turn right and go to the very end. There are two English speaking men who work there and can explain your problem to the technicians in their store. Tiktok is one of their names and the store is something like Goodspeed.

So I booted up in safe mode and scheduled an error check selecting my C drive which was the problem

I ran the CHDSK prog and it cleaned the drive but just keep on leaving me the message "please prepare while your computer restarts"

I know its not a "very serious" problem but a problem that need to be fixed ASAP

With the demise of the Chiang Mai Mail publication I have lost the number of the "farang" who offered his PC skills in the classifieds

Does anyone know his number or alternatively PM me if you understand the problem and can fix it.

Any takers?

Look forward to any responses and if you cant come here or s central"ish" I can meet you

Because of experience i would rather not deal with "pantip plaza" recomendations - unless someone has been very very happy

Have you tried using the restore point of the day(s) prior to the boot into safe mode?

There's a farlang, capable of fixing most software related problems under both Windows and Linux, running the internet cafe on Ratchapakinai (the first one going South from Ratchademnern) ... He usually doesn't charge, unless he actually provides a solution. He's got a M.Sc in physics and computer science, so he can't be totally hopeless.

Any takers?

Have you tried using the restore point of the day(s) prior to the boot into safe mode?

I should have added, that if restore does not work try taking it to "Scottish John" at True Blue (47 Moonmuang near Thae Pae gate) at any lunch time. It is very likely that he can fix it for free (reada tiger or two)

There's a farlang, capable of fixing most software related problems under both Windows and Linux, running the internet cafe on Ratchapakinai (the first one going South from Ratchademnern) ... He usually doesn't charge, unless he actually provides a solution. He's got a M.Sc in physics and computer science, so he can't be totally hopeless.

thats good to know he doesnt charge unless he actually fixes summat :o

Well Steen over at Cyberstar said he would look at it and take it from there, so I went down booted up and hey Presto it wass fine. I felt like a bit of an idiot but I spend hours and hours yesterday pulling my hair out. I think my problem was I needed to seriously clean up and order my drives which I have done today

Some people hate VAIOs but for me there best (the serious ones not the colorful girls ones)

I got lots of replies and suggestions so thanks again to everyone that replied/pm'd