Singapore

mazo

Orchard Towers :D

:o Yeah...but I doubt mazo would enjoy it. Anyways, the Sentosa Island and the Night Safari are great places. Plus, if you're into shopping, than Singapore would be one of the best places in the world, good quality and brand names are cheaper than in Thailand.

I will be there this weekend also, I booked a room at the Orchard Parade hotel, never been before but last time I walked past to it and was looking really nice, the rate isn't so bad either and the location is also great. The Marriott seems overpriced, the exterior and the lobby are very nice, excellent breakfast too, but the rooms...well they could have been better, definitely overpriced.

Have fun!

Edited by alexth

Orchard Towers :D

:D Yeah...but I doubt mazo would enjoy it. Anyways, the Sentosa Island and the Night Safari are great places. Plus, if you're into shopping, than Singapore would be one of the best places in the world, good quality and brand names are cheaper than in Thailand.

I will be there this weekend also, I booked a room at the Orchard Parade hotel, never been before but last time I walked past to it and was looking really nice, the rate isn't so bad either and the location is also great. The Marriott seems overpriced, the exterior and the lobby are very nice, excellent breakfast too, but the rooms...well they could have been better, definitely overpriced.

Have fun!

I am happly married thank you so Orchard Towers is out of the question :o . I will look at the Orchard Parade hotel, has it got a web site thanks for the help

Edited by mazo

Singapore...real great place !! Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

I wonder if he's ever been to Singapore?

I've been to Singapore dozens of times and my wife and I lived there for a year in 2003/4 and had a great time in Singapore. My wife loves Singapore.

Qualtrough has given some good suggestions, but if you've been in Thailand for a while and you are now heading to Signapore then it offers a variety of things that Thailand has, but never quite meets the mark.

Some of the best food in Asia (Yes I know, Thai food is great), but Singapore has fantastic Indian, Malay, Indonesian, Western, Chinese and the whole Singapore Fusion thing going on.

Try the Black Pepper or if you like Chili Crab on the East Coast Parkway. Or the food court and Newton Circus. Get yourself over to Little India for fantastic Indian food.

Book shops - I mean real huge, fantastic bookshops.

Or just sit at the coffee bar outside of Border's books at the junction of Orchard and Scotts and watch the world go by.

If you want to go for a drink, there are plenty of bars, good service, friendly staff, friendly customers - People out enjoying themselves, and far more mixing of locals/expats than you see in Thailand (excluding the pay for pay scene).

Want to Party? Head down to Mohammed Sultan Road, late on its lively with a great crowd of Signaporeans and expats.

Book shops - I mean real huge, fantastic bookshops.

Can't fault you on your other suggestions, but Bangkok has one of the best array of bookstores that I've seen in SE Asia. Check out B2S in the new bit of Central World Plaza, (behind Isetan), it's truely amazing.

I wonder if he's ever been to Singapore?

I've been to Singapore dozens of times and my wife and I lived there for a year in 2003/4 and had a great time in Singapore. My wife loves Singapore.

I love Singapore too. Some of the best food anywhere and bookstores and music stores that are not much better than Bangkok's best, but have different stock for us music/book fanatics that like lots of choice. :o

I forgot to mention Jurong Bird Park. I have never managed to visit it in all my trips to Singapore, but I know people who have and they spoke very highly of it.

I also visited a friend once who lived in the Holland Park area and there were a lot of nice restaurants and bars there. Had a very pleasant lunch.

Aside from the humidity, the only beef I have with Singapore is that it is somewhat more expensive compared to Bangkok, but then just about everywhere is! Having said that, there are a lot of inexpensive or reasonably priced things to do, and if you like nature they certainly have a lot of parks and walkways, etc.

Aside from the humidity, the only beef I have with Singapore is that it is somewhat more expensive compared to Bangkok, but then just about everywhere is!

I hate paying so much for a comfortable hotel.

I pay less when visiting Australia (although that is for a basic room with no bath).

I have got a few days in Singapore comeing up anyone been there any ideas on fun things to do. Has anyone been whats a good place to stay thanks for any help :o

Places to stay... Marina Mandarin (now run by Meritus, I believe) great hotel.

The Oriental recently refurbished.

Raffles Hotel. Colonial splendour!!

I suugest if you like steaks, you try Mortons Steakhouse situated in the Oriental Hotel. The best.

For something different, if you are there at the weekend, go Horse racing at Kranji (Singapore Turf Club), great atmosphere.

Singapore is a good place to go for a few days, I have been many times and I would certainly go again.

Most of the guys that say it's boring probably can't afford to go out much, it's like saying Tokyo is boring, of course Tokyo isn't boring at all, it's just expensive compared with Thailand. :o

Singapore is a good place to go for a few days, I have been many times and I would certainly go again.

Most of the guys that say it's boring probably can't afford to go out much, it's like saying Tokyo is boring, of course Tokyo isn't boring at all, it's just expensive compared with Thailand. :o

If you want to enjoy it stay away from the low and medium end hotels. The last time I stayed

in Singapore at the South East Asia Hotel $100.00 / night (Behind Bugus). I spent the whole night fighting the bed bugs, while the missus slept like a baby. A South Indian Thali in little india made me for get about the whole affair quick enough though. After her refreshing night sleep she was in hwer glory shopping and spent a bundle while I stumbled along behind her in a daze. A few Tigers at desker Rd made me forget about the bundle she spent quick enough. ZZZZZzzzzz

Edited by beammeup