Phnon Phen Hospitals

swissie

Last time I looked at it was 5 years ago. Back then there was no Hospital coming close to "Western Standards". in PP, not to speak of the rest of Cambodia.

As said, that was 5 years ago. How about today? At least in PP something must have developed in the meantime as far as this is concerned.

Thx & cheers.

One new hospital has opened (a Vietnamese partnership) but feedback has not been good.

Standard of medical care is still quite low.

The Cambodian middle and upper classes continues to come to Thailand and Viet Nam for health care.

There is the big one in the other large Camby City of course.

Having had good experience with Bumrungrad in Bangkok I had no hesitation in recommending my sister to take her malaise/fever/infection to a big Asian private hospital. This hospital is managed by a well-known SEA hospital group (not Bum)

They treated her well. Three hours of observations and the expected tests (bloods, X-Ray) and release with antibiotics. Nice doctor (Thai), good English seemed experienced and communicative. But 500 Euros for that.

I stick to just the facts here, given relevant laws on such matters.

One new hospital has opened (a Vietnamese partnership) but feedback has not been good.

Standard of medical care is still quite low.

The Cambodian middle and upper classes continues to come to Thailand and Viet Nam for health care.

So nothing much has changed.

The Cambodian middle and upper class as well as BARANGS, in case of emergency, will die before they arrive at a medical facility that is equipped to to make the difference between life and death.

No, I suppose I will not settle in Cambo in the near or distant future.

Thx & cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a new hospital out near the airport. Name is "Royal..."something. Staffed with Thai doctors and I think I saw a photo of one USA Doctor. It's got the logo of several around Thailand, that red and blue logo. I don't have any feedback on it but they do some marketing. It's new. Naga resort also has a clinic some place for it's barang staff, perhaps Cambodian staff as well.

Archived