2009 Honda Jazz blower motor and blower resistor

dundas

So back in Australia I drive a 2009 Honda Jazz.

A few weeks ago, just before I came here for a winter break, it developed a fault - heater/Air-con blower will only work on the highest setting, setting 4.

I googled and found this (confirmed by a US Honda Service bulletin):

> Problem: The HVAC blower motor only works on high speed. This applies to the Honda 2009 Fit vehicle.:The likely cause is excessive current draw from the HVAC blower motor, causing the blower resistor to fail. The corrective action requires replacing the HVAC blower motor and the blower resistor.

The parts are available as:

>- Blower motor P/N 79310-TF0-G01, H/C 9102971

>- Blower resistor P/N 79335-TF0-G01, H/C 9091992

So I'm guessing that if I buy the parts here (I know courtesy of my friend Mr Google that the US based prices aren't cheap, Australia probably more expensive) I will be able to get my local service station to do the repair in Australia - it's a straightforward job. Not sure if the US part numbers would apply to a Thai build vehicle - but anyway, is there any informed person in this forum who can tell me if I'm on the right track here, or not?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have found that the parts numbers can differ from site to site. It would be best to print out the appropriate slide and show that to the parts department.

So today I went to my local Honda shop in Chiang Mai, and did exactly what you suggested.

It was pretty straightforward.

They matched the parts from the diagram against the car's VIN (which I'd brought from Australia), and for THB3,421, they're now mine.

Thanks again for your help.

Archived