Bringing Thaksin To Account

marshbags

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've seen so many subjects about Khun Thaksin that he was wrong for this and that but still nothing has been announced further. Am I right that so far he has only the land case? Nothing more?

The land case is his only conviction, to date, but there's more... lots more... in various stages...

I don't know the details of all the other crimes. But how come the land controversy was picked first. It is such a weak case, and the conviction only made the Supreme Court look bad.

The land was purchased above market value. Bank of Thailand is an independent entity from the government. And BoT is still saying today that nothing was wrong with the bidding process.

Could you please ask your question in one of the other threads directly related to your question?

As a result, you've just prompted 35 off-topic posts (36 with this one)... all of which, by rights, should be deleted as it detracts completely from the deadly seriousness this thread.

Thank you and others for their cooperation.

This doesn't have anything to do with bringing Thaksin to account?

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-135442157.html
Cracks in the runways and taxiways at Bangkok's five-month-old Suvarnabhumi Airport may cost as much as 500 million baht to repair, a damage investigator said Monday. Airports of Thailand will invite bids for the repair work in about 15 days, said Tortrakul Yomnak, an airport board member and damage investigator

:):D

That was before the investigation. Afterwards it sounded like this:

A junta-appointed panel of engineers assigned to inspect the airport noted that damage to the airport was "minute," and "common." This was contrary to public accusations that the airport was seriously damaged after only 4 months of operations. A spokesman for British Airways, also said that "everything is normal," and that "We haven't heard any complaints from the staff."[16] A two-week investigation led by Tortrakul Yomnak, a chief engineer for Airports of Thailand, found that the runway was safe, and that cracks could be repaired in as little as a few hours. At the beginning of the investigation, Tortrakul had warned that the airport might need to be closed for three years.[17]

^ ^ That is not how discussion is run in the News Clippings Forum.

These threads are organized... by specific topics.

Perhaps you'd be more comfortable at bearpit.com

if you want generalized mayhem,

This place doesn't need any more than what already has cropped up.

btw, now we're at 41 off-topic posts (counting this one) after your un-justified off-topic query.

*edit.... make that 42 now.

Edited by sriracha john

Porky land deal is fixed. She ask the other 2 bidders not to bid high, so that she can win the land at rock bottom price, about 10% of what it is worth even the the prices of those days. Hence the husband should go to jail, and she should have her land confiscated.

Could it be because Thai army was following standard operating procedures for dealing with Rohingya? You can't prosecute them for following orders.
all charges against Manas Kongpan were mysteriously dropped

This quote implies that he was charged in the court of law - nothing like this has ever happened. Manas has never been charged with anything, you can't drop what is not there.

It's not Abhisit's job to charge anyone for whatever happened five years ago. He can only start some sort of new investigation in the old case, if it seems important enough to make room in his schedule.

This happened while Thaksin was in power(extrajudicial killings) Why on earth doesn't Abhisit start proceedings against Manas Kongpan of ISOC. ??

http://rspas.anu.edu.au/rmap/newmandala/20...-rights-record/ are you sure its "not his job" if so does that also apply to bringing Thaksin to justce? maybe you are right but then who's job is it????and could you explain tome and the rest of the forum why are the authority's trying so hard to "get" Thaksin who is out of the country while on their doorsteps they have a real case but don't bother!!

Edited by dee123

Could it be because Thai army was following standard operating procedures for dealing with Rohingya? You can't prosecute them for following orders.
all charges against Manas Kongpan were mysteriously dropped

This quote implies that he was charged in the court of law - nothing like this has ever happened. Manas has never been charged with anything, you can't drop what is not there.

It's not Abhisit's job to charge anyone for whatever happened five years ago. He can only start some sort of new investigation in the old case, if it seems important enough to make room in his schedule.

This happened while Thaksin was in power(extrajudicial killings) Why on earth doesn't Abhisit start proceedings against Manas Kongpan of ISOC. ??

http://rspas.anu.edu.au/rmap/newmandala/20...-rights-record/ are you sure its "not his job" if so does that also apply to bringing Thaksin to justce? maybe you are right but then who's job is it????and could you explain tome and the rest of the forum why are the authority's trying so hard to "get" Thaksin who is out of the country while on their doorsteps they have a real case but don't bother!!

There's nothing in your link that mentions the Drug War.

"Bringing Thaksin to account,Extra judicial killings" is the thread my post refers to extra judicial killings while Thaksin was in power,.......anything wrong with that SJ?

Except that posts from # 1 to # 1,269 (not counting the only-recently added 40+ off-topic posts) are about the Drug War.

This is the Drug War and Thaksin thread and it has been that for 3 years.

Suggest you start a Manas topic elsewhere if you wish to discuss his role in Tak Bai, etc.

Edited by sriracha john

"Bringing Thaksin to account,Extra judicial killings" is the thread my post refers to extra judicial killings while Thaksin was in power,.......anything wrong with that SJ?

Except that posts from # 1 to # 1,269 (not counting the only-recently added 40+ off-topic posts) are about the Drug War.

Suggest you start a Manas topic elsewhere if you wish to discuss his role in Tak Bai, etc.

OH! I see well I will have to re-open my ealier Manas Kongpan thread.You do promise to give me your views SJ as when I started it last month no-one wanted to talk about him.I wonder why that was?.Anyway see you soon,I'll re-open it. :)

Edited by dee123

The bidding was held by the Financial Institutes Development Fund (FIDF), which was supervised by Bank of Thailand.

And at that time Thaksin had full power to dismiss or appoint BOT Governor, so...?

>>

If charges against Manas were not laid five years ago, how is it Abhisit's fault for not bringing it up now? He's got a lot on his plate as it is. Kru Sue killings are mostly history, those pages are unlikely to be revisited, ever.

Drug killings, however, are continuing to be investigated, and that's what this thread is about, as SJ reminded us several times.

If charges against Manas were not laid five years ago, how is it Abhisit's fault for not bringing it up now? He's got a lot on his plate as it is. Kru Sue killings are mostly history, those pages are unlikely to be revisited, ever.

Drug killings, however, are continuing to be investigated, and that's what this thread is about, as SJ reminded us several times.

The thread is actually about bringing Thaksin to account, and the Krue Sue killings are certainly part of that subject.The fact that no charges have been levied against the military for that and other crimes in the South speaks volumes about Abhisit's very difficult position.Bottom line is that under the current dispensation (and under Thaksin for that matter) the Thai military will do what the hel_l they like and will never be punished notwithstanding the gravity of their crimes.Even on the drug killings, do you seriously believe the establishment will allow that to be followed through with charges against individuals? I'm sorry incidentally to see you apparently endorsing the line that the subject of the thread should be changed whenever the content is "awkward".

Yeah yeah, I feel that injustice meted out to Palestinians shouldn't be forgotten, too. I think we should all really concentrate on that, and on Bush's foreign policy. It's also been really hot for the past couple of days, so I should we bring the plight of our civilisation into focus, too. All this burning of carbon fuels is the source of so many wars.

I believe Abhisit should be brought to International Court of Justice for not bringing charges against Bush and the zionists and they guy who invented internal combustion engine.

>>>>>

I don't think Abhisit has time to review drug wars with fully blown economic crisis, red shirts gone berserk, and PTP planning on amnesty for everyone while Newin is building up his own army or orks.

I hope the latest charges against the police who set up and killed that couple will make people to pause and rethink their support for that drug war. I don't believe the killers themselves will ever be punished, but people should realise what had happened and not allow history to repeat itself again. That's the best I can realistically hope for.

My Manas Kongpan thread has been shut down :) ...if I can't talk about it here where can I talk about it?

My suggestion would be no where, unless you are "feeling lucky. Well? Are you? Punk!" (that is from Dirty Harry, the movie, for all you non filmophiles.)

I wonder how many other "opiles" are sitting out there in TV land.

We're at 59 off-topic posts (60 with this one).

Please discuss the Manas issue in the Manas thread you started 30 minutes after your other Manas thread was moderator-closed:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Military-Control-t263949.html

Edited by sriracha john

We're at 59 off-topic posts (60 with this one).

Please discuss the Manas issue in the Manas thread you started 30 minutes after your other Manas thread was moderator-closed:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Military-Control-t263949.html

come on SJ the thread is about the thai "military out of control",...not singularly Manas Kongpan,.. now get back to the point of this thread,which is..... ermm I forgot what is the point? :)

Edited by dee123

I have a feeling that the main job of Abhisit's people is to catch Khun Thaksin. Abhisit is serving the ruling class. Their target is not to let Khun Thaksin come back or they'll lose their power for good.

Surprisingly, we never lose our love we have for Khun Thaksin when hearing how they accuse him of this and that. Khun Thaksin has proved to be the most suitable person for Prime Minister position. Has any politician ever tried to blend with people like this?

1171959968z.jpg

I have a feeling that the main job of Abhisit's people is to catch Khun Thaksin. Abhisit is serving the ruling class. Their target is not to let Khun Thaksin come back or they'll lose their power for good.

Surprisingly, we never lose our love we have for Khun Thaksin when hearing how they accuse him of this and that. Khun Thaksin has proved to be the most suitable person for Prime Minister position. Has any politician ever tried to blend with people like this?

1171959968z.jpg

Thanks Koo for showing once again that Thaksin always felt he was above the law. He certainly set great examples.

1171959968z.jpg

Has anyone tried so hard to blend in

with all those Chaing Rai TRT politicians and his bodyguards???

Not to mention his Cabinet Safety Director that SAME WEEK

had campaigned for safe helmet enforcement...

May i humbly offer a suggestion to posters who are seemingly going off topic and as a possible consequence will eventually get the thread closed down.

( In doing so you would cut off this important vehicle to profile and highlight what took place, along with continuity )

This is disrespectful to all the victims and the families of those who suffered during this evil vendetta

marshbags :)

I'm very sorry to the OP of this thread, marshbags.

I've tried, repeatedly, my friend, to keep things on-topic in this topic, but have failed... it seems posters no longer feel any obligation to respect the victims and their families who suffered this terrible event.