Bringing Thaksin To Account

marshbags

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And don't forget that individual Democrat MPs did get red/yellow-cards from the E.C., in the December-2007 election, so your claim of double-standards fails on that basis too. :)

ThNiner still thinks only Thai Rak Thai bought votes :D

Since Khun Thaksin is hard to catch, shall we bring PAD to account first?

Well the PAD still show up in court, unlike Thaksin who fled abroad, so there is every chance that they will be brought to account first. More credit to them, for not running away from the consequences of their actions, wouldn't you agree ? :)

Perhaps Thaksin is too preoccupied, with trying to extend his business-interests in telecom or oil/gas in Africa or Nicaragua, to notice that his status as a convicted-and-sentenced criminal on-the-run, who has several more cases suspended but awaiting his presence in court, conflicts with his oft-protested belief in justice ?

Now if you wanted to talk about double-standards, then that would be an excellent example too, don't you think ? :D

This is the testimony of one witness, who also happens to be a key member of PAD.

1.908 billion was the book value. This is not the same as the market value.

That witness was a key member of the PAD, but the info he gave was based on several Thai banks' evaluations of that piece of land. And in Thailand, banks' evaluations are always lower than the real market value.

FIDF%20Sales.jpg

Can you explain why the surrounding pieces of land were sold at a lower price? And who got jail sentences in these sales?

1. was sold for 38,500 baht/sq wah in Aug 2003.

2. was sold to Potjaman for 58,000 baht/ sq wah in Dec 2003.

3. was sold for 55,500 baht/sq wah in June 2004.

I can't because I don't see the source of these numbers. For all I know, you could have just pulled these numbers out of a certain part of your body (which, I may add, many reds love to do). Besides, I bet those land deals were done without any politicians SIGNED their names to put the deals through which would have viloated a law that had been in place since 1997, i.e., nothing to do with the Junta or the coup.

I told you to read the link I've given about the full details of the case. If you had tried to comprehend it, you wouldn't have asked this "who got jail sentences in these sales?" question.

This is the testimony of one witness, who also happens to be a key member of PAD.

Also if you could have still comprehended what you read, you would have understood that 1.908 billion was the price that FIDF paid for that piece of land. Then they sold it for 772 million to the PM's wife in the deal which was signed off by teh PM himself, even though there was a law since 1997 prohibited it. The only that saved Pjaman's ass was the law itself which only applies to gov't officials/politicians.

So in exactly what part was your God not guilty? Huh?

That witness was a key member of the PAD, but the info he gave was based on several Thai banks' evaluations of that piece of land. And in Thailand, banks' evaluations are always lower than the real market value.

FIDF%20Sales.jpg

Can you explain why the surrounding pieces of land were sold at a lower price? And who got jail sentences in these sales?

1. was sold for 38,500 baht/sq wah in Aug 2003.

2. was sold to Potjaman for 58,000 baht/ sq wah in Dec 2003.

3. was sold for 55,500 baht/sq wah in June 2004.

I can't because I don't see the source of these numbers. For all I know, you could have just pulled these numbers out of a certain part of your body (which, I may add, many reds love to do). Besides, I bet those land deals were done without any politicians SIGNED their names to put the deals through which would have viloated a law that had been in place since 1997, i.e., nothing to do with the Junta or the coup.

I told you to read the link I've given about the full details of the case. If you had tried to comprehend it, you wouldn't have asked this "who got jail sentences in these sales?" question.

The source for the numbers are here:

http://slimdogsworld.blogspot.com/2009/04/...land-sales.html

You can also read more here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/211008_News/21Oct2008_news06.php

Since Khun Thaksin is hard to catch, shall we bring PAD to account first?

Convicted and crimminal on the run Thaksin is just trying very hard to hide. It's not that he is 'hard to catch'.

The time will come and show that he cannot run and hide from his bad karmas :)

That Bkk Post report didn't say anything about the other land deals but it did report this,

An urban planning expert also questioned the ultimate value of the property. Zoning rules implemented from 2003 imposed greater restrictions in terms of construction and the use of floor space relative to a given land area, limiting the potential value of any subsequent development. In 1989 the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration ruled that the area near the Thailand Cultural Centre be limited to buildings of no more than nine storeys. That rule was overturned by a new planning act that came into force this year.

Also that Slumdog doesn't have any references for his source of info.

Edited by ThNiner

Also if you could have still comprehended what you read, you would have understood that 1.908 billion was the price that FIDF paid for that piece of land. Then they sold it for 772 million to the PM's wife in the deal which was signed off by teh PM himself, even though there was a law since 1997 prohibited it. The only that saved Pjaman's ass was the law itself which only applies to gov't officials/politicians.

So in exactly what part was your God not guilty? Huh?

I thought the case was about power abuse to get the land for a cheaper price. And this is also where the moral and ethical case lies. If this is not the case...there are really not much left.

I thought the case was about power abuse to get the land for a cheaper price. And this is also where the moral and ethical case lies. If this is not the case...there are really not much left.

Yeah it was. Where did I say it wasn't?

Try reading this again and again...(please. :) )

Also if you could have still comprehended what you read, you would have understood that 1.908 billion was the price that FIDF paid for that piece of land. Then they sold it for 772 million to the PM's wife in the deal which was signed off by teh PM himself, even though there was a law since 1997 prohibited it.
Edited by ThNiner

Please give us a break. Who cares ?

The new airport was supposed to fall apart, the runways had cracks everywhere. What happened ? Nothing !

20 years ago, they were already talking about a new airport. Khun Thaksin made it a reality.

Thank you Khun Thaksin !

Edited by Pierrot

Please give us a break. Who cares ?

So why are you here? Because you don't care? :) And even if you don't, it's OK. I'm Thai. I do care. :D

The new airport was supposed to fall apart, the runways had cracks everywhere. What happened ? Nothing !

What happened? The country had to spend about hundreds of million to fix them. (This is just a ballpark number. I'm not so sure about the exact figure.)

FIDF bought the land for nearly two billion baht eight years earlier, and suddenly they wanted to sell it to Pojaman 772 million? Were they really that desperate for money? So much so that they must have taken a loss of about 1.1 billion or 60%? They realy couldn't come up with any other way to raise the money besides taking that huge loss and selling that piece of land to their boss's wife? Seriously, why did they have to sell at that price?? So nothing seemed fishy at all in this deal? Seriously?

Edited by ThNiner

What happened? The country had to spend about hundreds of million to fix them. (This is just a ballpark number. I'm not so sure about the exact figure.)

You're not so sure about the exact figure ... :)

Actually what do you know ?

Nothing much ...

You have strong opinion but little knowledge.

I rest my case

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/07/16...cs_30078179.php
A former Bank of Thailand governor told the Ratchdaphisek land-sale trial yesterday he had serious doubts about why a traditional auction system had been changed to that of an e-auction, which he believed could benefit insiders.

And what is your point?

The electronic auction set a reserve price of 870 million baht, or 62,000 baht per square wah. Three investors expressed an interest, but no bids were tendered.

Nothing much ...

I rest my case

:D I'm not sure about the exct figure...and now it means that I don't know anything? :D I never claim to KNOW EVERYTHING. But I certainly have more to offer in terms of facts and figures than your repeatedly empty rhetoric. If you really know something, why don't you just try, from time to time, show everyone on here a glimpse of your knowledge, instead of this "who cares", "thank you khun Thaksin" type of comments? Huh?

And what is your point?

My point?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/worldhotne...newsid=30079582

Pojaman is accused of purchasing a plot of land in Ratchadaphisek for a very low price from the state-controlled Financial Institutions Development Fund (FIDF) while her husband was prime minister.

The suspicious circumstances cited by Kaewsan included questions on why Pojaman did not try to buy the land in the first round of bidding, and why no real bidding had taken place. He also asked why it appeared that the land's registration numbers had been leaked even before the document was made official, and also why no minimum bidding price was quoted in the second round of bids.

Capiche now?

I thought a ball park number was supposed to be approximate.

A two-week investigation led by Tortrakul Yomnak, a chief engineer for Airports of Thailand and a leader of the anti-Thaksin movement, later found that the runway was safe, and that cracks could be repaired in as little as a few hours. At the beginning of the investigation, Tortrakul had warned that the airport might need to be closed for three years.[24][25]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suvarnabhumi_...with_the_tarmac

Edited by chrislarsson

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/07/16...cs_30078179.php

The former chairman of the Financial Institutions Development Fund (FIDF), which sold the land after his tenure, said he believed influential people could have been able to check details of the online land bid, which otherwise could not have been done if the auction had been handled in the traditional way of submitting bids on paper in sealed envelopes.

"Insiders could be advantaged ... I don't trust [their method] and it could ensure little fairness," he said, adding that he first thought Pojaman would not become a bidder because the land was state property and her husband was then the prime minister.

"I worked for the government for 40 years and never had any transactions [with the state] because it could have lead to suspicions as to whether I was working for my own benefit or that of the government," he said, in reference to the appropriateness of the land-auction deal, which was won by Pojaman.

I sincerely hope that reading doesn't give you a headache. :)

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/worldhotne...newsid=30079582
Pojaman is accused of purchasing a plot of land in Ratchadaphisek for a very low price from the state-controlled Financial Institutions Development Fund (FIDF) while her husband was prime minister.

The suspicious circumstances cited by Kaewsan included questions on why Pojaman did not try to buy the land in the first round of bidding, and why no real bidding had taken place. He also asked why it appeared that the land's registration numbers had been leaked even before the document was made official, and also why no minimum bidding price was quoted in the second round of bids.

Capiche now?

In your posting before the use of e-auction made the case suspicious, as it could potentially be manipulated. Now the suspicion is why she did not use the e-auction. I'm confused.

Edited by chrislarsson

In your posting before the use of e-auction made the case suspicious, as it could potentially be manipulated. Now the suspicion is why she did not use the e-auction. I'm confused.

They were all related. First there were suspicisions about the e-auction by the former chairman of FIDF. I later posted another part of the report from the same link which you obviously didn't read. :) Then, the no bidding in the first e-auction raised futher suspecisions... Think about it...come on. :D

Yeah it was. Where did I say it wasn't?

Try reading this again and again...(please. :) )

Also if you could have still comprehended what you read, you would have understood that 1.908 billion was the price that FIDF paid for that piece of land. Then they sold it for 772 million to the PM's wife in the deal which was signed off by teh PM himself, even though there was a law since 1997 prohibited it.

I read it...it doesn't say anything about the market value

Another point in dispute is over the bid itself. At 58,000 baht per square wah, the price was in line with official property valuations set by the Treasury Department from 2000 to 2003. Valuations were revised upwards in 2004 to 62,000 baht per square wah by the department.

They were all related. First there were suspicisions about the e-auction by the former chairman of FIDF. I later posted another part of the report from the same link which you obviously didn't read. :) Then, the no bidding in the first e-auction raised futher suspecisions... Think about it...come on. :D

This is pure speculation. And how is this getting us closer to the market value, which we agreed the case was about.

I read it...it doesn't say anything about the market value
Another point in dispute is over the bid itself. At 58,000 baht per square wah, the price was in line with official property valuations set by the Treasury Department from 2000 to 2003. Valuations were revised upwards in 2004 to 62,000 baht per square wah by the department.

This doesn't say anything about the market value either. They were just done by the Treasury Department. Or do we have to take them as market value now to make Thaksin look clean? :)

This is pure speculation. And how is this getting us closer to the market value, which we agreed the case was about.

I never said that the case was only about the market value. Please don't put your words in my mouth. It's conflict of interest + purchase at price below market value. Are we all clear now? :D

I've seen so many subjects about Khun Thaksin that he was wrong for this and that but still nothing has been announced further. Am I right that so far he has only the land case? Nothing more?

The land case is his only conviction, to date, but there's more... lots more... in various stages...

I don't know the details of all the other crimes. But how come the land controversy was picked first. It is such a weak case, and the conviction only made the Supreme Court look bad.

The land was purchased above market value. Bank of Thailand is an independent entity from the government. And BoT is still saying today that nothing was wrong with the bidding process.

Could you please ask your question in one of the other threads directly related to your question?

As a result, you've just prompted 35 off-topic posts (36 with this one)... all of which, by rights, should be deleted as it detracts completely from the deadly seriousness this thread.

Thank you and others for their cooperation.

Edited by sriracha john

Nothing much ...

I rest my case

Meanwhile,

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-135442157.html

Cracks in the runways and taxiways at Bangkok's five-month-old Suvarnabhumi Airport may cost as much as 500 million baht to repair, a damage investigator said Monday. Airports of Thailand will invite bids for the repair work in about 15 days, said Tortrakul Yomnak, an airport board member and damage investigator

:D:D

Could you please ask your question in one of the other threads directly related to your question?

As a result, you've just prompted 35 off-topic posts (36 with this one)... all of which, by rights, should be deleted as it detracts completely from the deadly seriousness this thread.

Thank you and others for their cooperation.

All right. Ok.