VFS UK Visas from Chiang Mai

joehawkins

Hi Folks ,

I am a UK Citizen resident in Thailand , I wish to apply for a tourist Visa for my wife to visit the UK , I have seen some good news that VFS now has an Office in Chiang Mai, which is not far from where we reside. I have found their website a bit vague , no email address or telephone number , my main question is can you apply for a UK Tourist - Standard Visa from there ? and has anyone used this newly opened Office - service before ?

all advice greatly appreciated

Firstly, I have not yet used the VFS Global Chiang Mai office. However, I have used the Bnagkok office on several occasions.

Your application for UK Visitor Visa for a Thai national will be made at the UK.Gov web site "Apply for a UK Visa"...

https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa

I presume at some stage in the application process you will be able to select the Bangkok or Chiang Mai application center (it may be at the point where you apply for an appointment)

You don't need a phone number or email address for the Chiang Mai office as they are only a "collection and bio-metrics" service center and your appointment will be made on-line.

Thanks Rawhod,

That sounds straight forward enough apply online and have the Bio Metrics done at the centre as I presume the actual application will be proccessed by Immigration in BKK anyway , certainly will save us a trip to BKK , we Have used the service in BKK before , generally quite proffessional , just sounds like it will save all the hassle of flights and hotels

Cheers

Thanks CNX STEVE , but this is the bit I find confusing , all it talks about is 'priority visas' am I to assume you can still apply for a standard Visa there ? or at least hand the paperwork in and bio metrics ., I can see it's prcey but 2 x flights and hotel in BKK it will still work out cheaper

Many thanks for the replies BTW

Does that mean they do not do the bio metrics True Blue ?

very vaque what they do there for 60quid apart from this priority visa????? have a wander there and see be interesting 6th floor sirpanich bldg.might pop in myself sometime if can get in.though taken missus twice to uk.not sure again 55

Does that mean they do not do the bio metrics True Blue ?

very vaque what they do there for 60quid apart from this priority visa????? have a wander there and see be interesting 6th floor sirpanich bldg.might pop in myself sometime if can get in.though taken missus twice to uk.not sure again 55

The priority visa is one of the ADDITIONAL services they provide (at additional cost) over and above the standard visa application at USD 83.

Many Thanks for the replies and much appreciated , It looks from the Government website that you can do a standard Visa and the other priority visas are additional , we are not planning on going until August - The British Summer facepalm.gif so we have time and my pop in to the building if allowed , my wife has had a couple of Tourist visas from BKK before - my only worry this time is someone once told me the government only gives an individual a certain amount of tourist visas - that's only hearsay , have any of you guys got multiple Visas for your wives - GF's etc ?

• 3 months later...
On 6/14/2016 at 8:43 PM, joehawkins said:

Thanks Rawhod,

That sounds straight forward enough apply online and have the Bio Metrics done at the centre as I presume the actual application will be proccessed by Immigration in BKK anyway , certainly will save us a trip to BKK , we Have used the service in BKK before , generally quite proffessional , just sounds like it will save all the hassle of flights and hotels

Cheers

My husband submitted his visit visa application here just last week.... very quiet and was done in 20 minutes. We are waiting for it to be sent back to this office too. On the UK Gov site, it says its an extra 55GBP to use the service at this office, but actually thats a mistake, it should say 55USD. So in total, the payment was 6800b...(so an extra 1800b on top of the normal 5000b application fee) which is still cheaper than having to fly down to BKK to submit it there like he did last time we went. :)

My wife and Daughter used this office a couple of months ago. They were very good, and visa back within 2 weeks. The office is in the same building as channel 7 TV, as is a bit hard to find at first. This certainly saves on having to fly up and down to BKK.

Hope this helps.