Bought a Stallion... "Motorcycle"

sendbaht

Well my birthday arrived and wanted to buy a new toy. So, I bought a Stallion motorcycle.

I did not need a new motorcycle but wanted to a least try one of these. I have seen for over a year a group of Thai kids racing Stallion motorcycles up and down Samong Rd on the weekends.

They tell me they just keep running and running. I think they look cool and for B62,900 for this one called a "Tracker" well, just had to try.

So far 102klms and still running..:)) Not sure how much I will use it but if I get to 5000klms I will do a report.

post-10139-0-94508900-1465947108_thumb.j

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice. I have had a stallion centaur 150 for about 6 months or so. Bought 2nd hand and now clocking over 10,000 kms. Still going strong though to be fair only get to ride it one day a week or so. Nothing has fallen off mine still looks good. Enjoy your new toy.

The retro look is what does it, right? I see them out here as well down south.. but I have my sights on the CB 500X Retirement present..

On the pegs.

post-7852-0-98623300-1465988566_thumb.jp

Edited by Rhys

Looks good! There's a pack of the Café Racer style Stallions near where I live, they've been in daily use for around 12 months and still look nice.

I think the Tracker styling will work better for a full sized rider?

Not sure if it's the angle of the photo - but the rear brake pedal seems to be attached a long way back - somewhere near the swing arm pivot?

Will be good to see some updates as you put some KM's under those fat tyres.

The retro look is what does it, right? I see them out here as well down south.. but I have my sights on the CB 500X Retirement present..

On the pegs.

Bought a cb500x three weeks ago,very happy so far.

Will do a report when it's a little older.

Baht 220,000,cheap as chips impulse buy,saw it bought it,part x,ed a crfm,I was bored with.

Edited by Hedghog

While I have nothing against the Honda CB500X, I actually think it's a good all-round motorcycle. But I cannot see how it relate to a budget motorcycle which is almost 4 times cheaper.... The difference is the same as somebody buys a Nissan March car and people start talking that a new Toyota Camry is so much better buy.....???

Edited by Richard-BKK

While I have nothing against the Honda CB500X, I actually think it's a good all-round motorcycle. But I cannot see how it relate to a budget motorcycle which is almost 4 times cheaper.... The difference is the same as somebody buys a Nissan March car and people start talking that a new Toyota Camry is so much better buy.....???

Agreed, but it was also a present to yourself as well.... On the pegs mate.

post-7852-0-67482900-1466054674_thumb.jp

Maybe you could enlighten us then Richard - what other 'chinese cheap and cheerful' vehicles would you compare the mighty Stallion too?

I am guessing the SR400 can't be one of them.

Since my son "commandeered" my crf250l and I let my gf use my new nmax (her work is a long daily ride) I'm left with her clapped out click to get around on. I was hoping my son would have wanted a stallion cafe but may get one for myself. I was in the shop but didn't see these tracker styled ones? I think they're ok for the money and reliable enough. I see you must have fitted those pirelli mt60 tyres and bigger rims yourself?

Maybe you could enlighten us then Richard - what other 'chinese cheap and cheerful' vehicles would you compare the mighty Stallion too?

... would be willing to challenge a mighty B62,900 Stallion

on my humble 46,500baht Chinese Lifan scrambler/dual-sport.

Dirt, paved, combo,

up to you.

crazy.gif <gauntlet down>

Rhyes; Where ya get dat photo o me mum?

Edited by papa al

A good looking bike. The "Keyway" is another, very reasonably priced, not too powerful.......not a patch on my "boss" of course, but still, the sort of value for money that's not available overseas! smile.pngthumbsup.gifwai.gif

First the Stallions Centaur CT400 is not a completely Chinese product, the engine is developed by Stallions Motorcycles and Shineray Motorcycles, Shineray is the 4th or 5th largest manufacturer in China of motorcycles…

Currently no other Thai or Chinese manufacturer has introduced a 400cc motorcycle in Thailand, in design and style you could compare the Stallions Centaur CT400 with a Yamaha SR400, but with a inspection of used components you can quickly find why the Yamaha SR400 cost more than twice the price of the Stallions CT400.

Performance wise the Stallions CT400 produce 29 horsepower at 7,000rpm and the Yamaha SR400 produce about the same horses (CycleWorld reports that the SR400 does 24 horses max…) But I have ridden both the Stallions CT400 and the Yamaha SR400 and on power they not differ that much… On road handling the Yamaha SR400 wins with ease, not unexpected with better suspension…

For extra information Stallions Motorcycles is also working on a Stallions Scrambler 400, basically a Centaur CT400 but with more off-road/Scrambler styling (the price is expected not much different)

I really don't think anyone is comparing them, just that he is going to buy Honda 500x as a present for retirement...I believe it was the comparing of the "gifts" to ourselves.

Since my son "commandeered" my crf250l and I let my gf use my new nmax (her work is a long daily ride) I'm left with her clapped out click to get around on. I was hoping my son would have wanted a stallion cafe but may get one for myself. I was in the shop but didn't see these tracker styled ones? I think they're ok for the money and reliable enough. I see you must have fitted those pirelli mt60 tyres and bigger rims yourself?

Nope Bung, those are stock tires and rims. I did take all the stickers off though...Also, changed the seat from brown to black...just my preference but the brown looked ok too...

Also removed the STALLION...sign on the front fender resulting in 1/2 the fender....but I like the look.:))

I see sendbaht has a tracker 150. I didn't see any in Chiang Mai but I know of another shop, will check them out. They look great. I'm pretty keen on the 400,i like the bigger displacement and it looks good, even though a complete ripoff a Sr 400... Will make a great base for a scrambler project I've been wanting to do and will have a green book.

I'm pretty keen on the 400 .... even though a complete ripoff a Sr 400.

No, it's a copy of a Honda XBR 500 with reduced capacity.

Sold in UK as Mash (!!) 400 - Google it.

Edited by MartinL

On 6/16/2016 at 2:12 PM, Bung said:

New style is out. I like it!

Saw the same in white (think funnily enough that this may be a new colour for the centaur) at the local shop and looks rather nice ...I do like the army green one too.

For 64k I believe they make a good run around and in my town have seen loads on the road. I think for the kids on their endless finance deals its a good option compared to say a Mslaz at 90k plus and just 12k or so more than a 125wave. Good luck to em and good luck to you Sendbaht ...keep us posted.

Edited by Support
Copyrighted photo removed- no permission was given by the owner of the photo

Can anyone help me with some details on the Tracker?

-seat height?

-weight?

-transmission?

Girlfriend is looking for a new bike and she loves her old wave 125. She doesn't like the automatic scooter type bikes with their small wheels. Plus we live up a rather bumpy dirt road. Maybe she'll like this tracker, providing it's not too high and heavy.

Can anyone help me with some details on the Tracker?

-seat height?

-weight?

-transmission?

Girlfriend is looking for a new bike and she loves her old wave 125. She doesn't like the automatic scooter type bikes with their small wheels. Plus we live up a rather bumpy dirt road. Maybe she'll like this tracker, providing it's not too high and heavy.

difficult to find specs, hopefully OP has handbook with more info but some basic specs on the 150 Classic

http://www.centaurthailand.com/stallion-centaur-classic-150/

132 kgs (wet? dry?)

electric start

upside-down shock

disc brakes front and rear

5 speed transmission