Cost of tomatoes almost trebled?!?!

Mangostin

Big C ratchada had NO tomatoes at 21.30 this evening, for any price.....

It all looks as the end is nigh, that's to-match to handle....

My local superstore didn't had baguettes (french bread), for the last 3 years, every time i would make the usual question just to test "there is no bread today?", the answer would always be the same "today no blead, tomollow okay", i have no idea what it's going on inside these thai superstores, but whatever that might be, it seems that they have got orders from higher up to always repeat the same BS ("bread's story").....

Don't know where you shop, but sometimes MAKRO have fresh baguette! Timing, however, is of the essence. They don't bake many during the day, and the ones they do bake don't stay in the baguette basket long. Pretty good baguettes I might add, especially the fresh out of the oven ones... Hmmmm... I can just smell them now. Good luck!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know where you shop, but sometimes MAKRO have fresh baguette! Timing, however, is of the essence. They don't bake many during the day, and the ones they do bake don't stay in the baguette basket long. Pretty good baguettes I might add, especially the fresh out of the oven ones... Hmmmm... I can just smell them now. Good luck!

At the Tesco Superstare, but i went to Makro when i was still addicted to french bread, now i finally managed to keep my crave for munchies at bay and i just get whatever is at hand, i can't be bothered to do an extra 30km just for the bread.

Makro usually keep stock of frozen baguettes into their bakery's freezers, when they are out of stock on the shelf, if you ask them and want to wait an extra 30-40 minutes, they will bake them for you (if you ask at least 10 pieces, i don't think they'll do it for just a couple of them).

Im repeating myself now but a small bunch of bananas were 59 baht in tesco today. I can buy them cheaper in Sweden where they have sailed half way around the world first. Can some one explain this?

I can explain it, Tesco knows someone may spend that, (you?) and they have aircon and big staff etc. Find a big fat hand of nanners at a roadside stand, 25-30 baht... but no aircon. I bought a half kilo of cherry tomatoes today at the talatt, the lady apologised for being so expensive, 30 baht.