60 Day Extension for having a Thai child

Things have gone south, relationship wise, with my wife and myself and it's coming up to get an extension on my Non-O (Single Entry).

I used to get 60 Day extensions based on having a Thai wife, but I can't ask her to go with me this time :-(

Is it possible to get a 60 Day extension based on having a Thai child? I can take my son with me to immigration.

What documents are required to apply for the extension?

Edited by Norrad

Yes you can.

• Original birth certificate plus signed copy.
  • Signed copies of the child's Tabien Baan.
  • Signed copies of your passport pages: ID page, visa, entry stamp, departure card.
  • 1 x photo 6 x 4.
  • Maybe a TM30 form completed by the owner/house-master of the address you live at.
  • 1,900 baht.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Is this possible even though married? My Thai wife is abroad on a business trip. I've read on other posts that if married it's not possible to extend visa by means of my child.

I have only an entry stamp at the moment and would like to extend by 30 days.

Thanks.

Hi. Is this possible even though married? My Thai wife is abroad on a business trip. I've read on other posts that if married it's not possible to extend visa by means of my child.

I have only an entry stamp at the moment and would like to extend by 30 days.

Thanks.

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child even if you are married to their mother.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys just for informations everytime i did my 60 days extension in Phuket town for visiting my child , they asked an adress notification.( proof of where you live in thailand ) So the first time i had to show a lots of stuff like ID of the house owner , copy of the renting contract and stuff like that. Now i still have this adress notification in my passport and i did the extension 2 times more i think , they were happy with it . But just in case you should have thoses documents ready....

• 5 months later...

"So they will approve my extension request if I provided the above documents and apply in person together with my son (without my wife present)?"

On 24/06/2016 at 4:38 AM, ubonjoe said:

Yes

Actually I just tried this at Pattaya immigration, only myself and my son with his Thai birth certificate. First they asked why my wife wasn't there, to which I replied she was currently abroad and back next month. I had to provide a signed copy of her ID, a signed copy of her house registration, signed copy of marriage certificate AND a letter from her saying she was basically ok with all this. They said it's to cover themselves. As she was abroad, they said an email was acceptable.

PS. In addition to the lease agreement, you now need to show the registration book of the property you're renting signed by the owner, signed copy of owner's ID AND proof of purchase of the property by the owner.

Seems like it's getting harder every year.

Edited by Sam Gold