Looking for homes to Rent on The Darkside with swimming pools..

Huayrat

Can anybody please tell me some names of the Housing properties that have pools on the Darkside.. I will have a drive around and look to see if any are for Rent..

I don't want to go through an Agent as it's more money for me and less for the owner..

Do you want the village to have a communal pool or a house with its own pool?

The best advice is to find a general area you like and then just drive around looking for villages/moobaans that look appealing Then drive in and look for "For Rent" signs. If the guard is not asleep and questions you, just tell them you're looking for a house to rent ("doo chow baan krap").

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

The best advice is to find a general area you like and then just drive around looking for villages/moobaans that look appealing Then drive in and look for "For Rent" signs. If the guard is not asleep and questions you, just tell them you're looking for a house to rent ("doo chow baan krap").

Sorry I forgot to say.. I want a private pool.. Thank you

Must be more the one project on the Darkside surely.. Anymore names to go look and see??

There are 50-100 villages on the Darkside, not to mention hundreds of stand-alone houses, in every price and size range. Some are more close in 1-5 kilos from Sukhumvit...others further out 5-10 kilos (Pong/Lake Maprachan area). Maybe if you gave a little more information about what you're looking for and how far out you're willing to go you might get a few more suggestions. The Pattaya Property Trader magazine has a map of many of the villages on the Darkside in its spine.

SP Village 5 (Siam Country Club Road) and the various Greenfield Village projects might fit your bill. SP Village 2 doesn't have many homes with private pools but is a very well managed village with a nice communal pool.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Sorry to be a pedant but ' (Pom/Rao) Haa baan Hai Chao' would be better as 'haa' indicates he is 'seeking' a property, 'doo' would suggest he is viewing a property found already and is going to view it. The security guard, if conscious, could even point him in the right direction.

The OP could try having an afternoon out in the bars up there and see if word of mouth helps could save him dealing with all the myriad faux 'real estate agents' in Pattaya. Otherwise maybe the small ads in the Pattaya rags could be fruitful....maybe the OP could place a 'wanted' ad stating his requirements...

Try SP village 5, The Meadows, Central Park 4, if you drive down Sukhumvit soi 89, 500 mtres over the railway line the is a nice village and another one 500 mtrs further on.

Grange Villas on Patarnakan road is ok, although I'm not sure of the roadworks.

Ok.. My budget is upto 35000 baht .. I'm just looking for suggestions on the Darkside so then I can go out in my car and have alook around one Day.. Thanks everyone

Won't find many (and?) with a private pool in that price range...at least one with water and a functioning filter that's had regularly cleaning and maintenance work. However, most of the larger moobaans have communal pools for you to use. One with a very large pool and clubhouse is SP5 but may be difficult to find anything for even 35k there...40-50 might get you in, however.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Ok.. My budget is upto 35000 baht .. I'm just looking for suggestions on the Darkside so then I can go out in my car and have alook around one Day.. Thanks everyone

Won't find many (and?) with a private pool in that price range...at least one with water and a functioning filter that's had regularly cleaning and maintenance work. However, most of the larger moobaans have communal pools for you to use. One with a very large pool and clubhouse is SP5 but may be difficult to find anything for even 35k there...40-50 might get you in, however.

I've had a very good look around over the last 4 months. There are quite a few places with decent private pools for about 35K (which is over my budget) on the darkside. I can't pinpoint them now as I'm no longer interested in settling on the darkside. I was using agents mainly.

I would recommend the OP use agents to get an idea of price range, villages and availability. You'll find most properties are listed with multiple agents and it's even possible to find the owner advertising on his own. The main problem I had is seeing good places only to find out they were already rented, because the owners hadn't advised the agents when they were rented.

Edited by tropo